Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 596 of 828
What pool layout did you choose and other pool options.
Ie multi speed pump, auto dosing, mineral water, pool cleaner etc

Thanks

Also which coping have you selected.[/quote]I'm going to do pool coping and pool surrounds same as alfresco as well but I'm purchasing separately. Wisdom charge 160per sqm for silver trav coping which can easily be found for $80 or even less outside. [/quote]

doosra

Also try stone select in Bankstown[/quote]

So you won’t have them do the coping? Are you getting any pool heating or glass fencing?
nthkellyvillebuild
What pool layout did you choose and other pool options.
Ie multi speed pump, auto dosing, mineral water, pool cleaner etc

Thanks

Also which coping have you selected.
I'm going to do pool coping and pool surrounds same as alfresco as well but I'm purchasing separately. Wisdom charge 160per sqm for silver trav coping which can easily be found for $80 or even less outside. [/quote]

doosra

Also try stone select in Bankstown[/quote]

So you won’t have them do the coping? Are you getting any pool heating or glass fencing?[/quote]

The package includes pool coping install but I'll be supplying myself. I went electric heating and glass fencing as well

I chose a 10x5 rectangle. I selected my own coping to be the same as my outdoor tiling/alfresco and internal tiles.
I added the Virion Connect 10 for full automation and a heat pump, jet vac and mineral water[/quote]Did u buy coping yourself? If so, have you found any good places ?[/quote]

What sort of cost was that all up?

Mystone at Brookvale is ok on stone prices.
nthkellyvillebuild
I chose a 10x5 rectangle. I selected my own coping to be the same as my outdoor tiling/alfresco and internal tiles.
I added the Virion Connect 10 for full automation and a heat pump, jet vac and mineral water
Did u buy coping yourself? If so, have you found any good places ?[/quote]

Mystone at Brookvale is ok on stone prices.[/quote]

Pool, Fencing, excavation, tile surrounds and coping is sitting around $160k
Chompy
Is there a catalogue of lights to choose from?

I think you can source anything from the Beacon range.
Manhattan52
nthkellyvillebuild
I added the Virion Connect 10 for full automation and a heat pump, jet vac and mineral water
Did u buy coping yourself? If so, have you found any good places ?

Mystone at Brookvale is ok on stone prices.[/quote]

Pool, Fencing, excavation, tile surrounds and coping is sitting around $160k[/quote]

Sounds like concrete pools are much more pricey. We’ve gone fibreglass with the Connect 10 too, electric heating, blade water feature, massage jets, porcelain pavers with drop face coping etc. All up with fencing is $90K. Ours is a bit smaller though, 10.2 x 4.4m. Speaking of which our pool excavation happened yesterday.. very excited!
ChizCake
Manhattan52
nthkellyvillebuild
Did u buy coping yourself? If so, have you found any good places ?

Mystone at Brookvale is ok on stone prices.

Pool, Fencing, excavation, tile surrounds and coping is sitting around $160k[/quote]

Sounds like concrete pools are much more pricey. We’ve gone fibreglass with the Connect 10 too, electric heating, blade water feature, massage jets, porcelain pavers with drop face coping etc. All up with fencing is $90K. Ours is a bit smaller though, 10.2 x 4.4m. Speaking of which our pool excavation happened yesterday.. very excited!
[/quote]

Concrete pools are much more expensive. When I asked for quotes of same size in fiberglass it was same if not more to do it after handover due to limited access. My pool, equipment cost, fence will be about 60k. It's the extra concrete/landscape work that can add alot to the cost. But I think mine will be done for about 70-75k including extra concrete and tiling the surrounds.

Yep fibreglass is a lot cheaper. Also fencing adds a big cost. I have a big area to fence as the area around the pool is quite large so that’s $30k alone for glass fencing
Manhattan52
Yep fibreglass is a lot cheaper. Also fencing adds a big cost. I have a big area to fence as the area around the pool is quite large so that’s $30k alone for glass fencing

Yikes, must be a big area indeed!

doosra, very true. A lot of other factors can come into play with these things. In the end the only reason why we opted for fibreglass was the 4 week installation. I’m not a very patient person, particularly after a 2 year process with the house!
ChizCake
Manhattan52

Yikes, must be a big area indeed!

doosra, very true. A lot of other factors can come into play with these things. In the end the only reason why we opted for fibreglass was the 4 week installation. I’m not a very patient person, particularly after a 2 year process with the house!
I would have went fibreglass itself as welll if it worked cheaper.. I hear both have their pros and cons. My glass fencing is likely only 8m or so long so that shouldn't cost too much. I've put 5k away for that.

Hi Fellow Wisdom Home guys,

I am planing to build a Ambassador 33 (Luxury Package) in Marsden Park, As a first time home owner I have few questions on the options and upgrades

1. Would like to upgrade paint from the easycoat to endure, has any one done it, how much did they charge you and most of all is it worth the upgrade.
2. Planning to get a two tone kitchen upgrade, that is laminate on overhead cupboards and polyurethane on bottom (besides the cooker, kitchen island draws, and butlers pantry bottom shelves and drawers). Has any one done it how much was the cost and can i know approx number of drawers you upgraded.
3. Have requested to increase the ground floor ceiling height to 2740mm so the sales consultant has pushed hard to increase the door heights and stacker door to 2340mm. Can i know how much would i be charged for doors and stacker door height increase.
4. Keeping the first floor ceiling height to 2440 do you guys thin this is ok?
5, Has any one got full height tiles to bathroom(s) any idea on how much it would cost?
6. Would like to get a single / double wood stained with glass sliding door for home theatre, has any one done it, what was the cost?

Thanks
kingofnowhere

I am planing to build a Ambassador 33 (Luxury Package) in Marsden Park, As a first time home owner I have few questions on the options and upgrades

1. Would like to upgrade paint from the easycoat to endure, has any one done it, how much did they charge you and most of all is it worth the upgrade.
2. Planning to get a two tone kitchen upgrade, that is laminate on overhead cupboards and polyurethane on bottom (besides the cooker, kitchen island draws, and butlers pantry bottom shelves and drawers). Has any one done it how much was the cost and can i know approx number of drawers you upgraded.
3. Have requested to increase the ground floor ceiling height to 2740mm so the sales consultant has pushed hard to increase the door heights and stacker door to 2340mm. Can i know how much would i be charged for doors and stacker door height increase.
5, Has any one got full height tiles to bathroom(s) any idea on how much it would cost?
6. Would like to get a single / double wood stained with glass sliding door for home theatre, has any one done it, what was the cost?

Thanks

Hi there,

Have you considered upgrading your package to a Prestige or Signature and are you opting for the promo?

A lot of those things are included with the exception of point 6. With our Prestige we have Endure paint, two tone kitchen, and 2340mm high doors to ground floor as standard. We paid roughly $6K to upgrade to 2740mm ceiling for downstairs, $500 per stacker door height upgrade, and $10K for tiles which was the remaining 2 walls of each bathroom fully tiled (4 bathrooms), plus some tile and carpet upgrades from standard range. We’ve left our first floor at 2440mm high as we had to compromise something being well over budget. So far we have no issues with it.
kingofnowhere

Thanks

1. Endure was included for us. The paint finish in our house is excellent with only a couple of touch ups required at maintenance.
2. Also included for us
3. It’s $85 per door I think, or $95...def worth the upgrade anyway. The entry door and stacker door need to be upgraded also.
4. Personally we have 2590 downstairs and I’m happy with it, and 2440 upstairs. It’s fine for just bedrooms but not “wow” like downstairs. I’d consider upgrading it. Also square set ceilings would be worth the extra downstairs.
5. How long is a piece of string? Lol. If I had my time again I’d try to pick a 450x450 floor and 300x450 wall, as these sizes don’t incur extra laying charges. Best bang for buck. Budget about $1000 per wall.
6. Lin1 doors are $550 upgrade each plus price of stain. I think it was ~385 to upgrade from hinged to cavity sliding

ChizCake
kingofnowhere

Thanks

Hi there,

Have you considered upgrading your package to a Prestige or Signature and are you opting for the promo?

A lot of those things are included with the exception of point 6. With our Prestige we have Endure paint, two tone kitchen, and 2340mm high doors to ground floor as standard. We paid roughly $6K to upgrade to 2740mm ceiling for downstairs, $500 per stacker door height upgrade, and $10K for tiles which was the remaining 2 walls of each bathroom fully tiled (4 bathrooms), plus some tile and carpet upgrades from standard range. We’ve left our first floor at 2440mm high as we had to compromise something being well over budget. So far we have no issues with it.

Cool thanks, i wanted to get an idea if i should do just do my wish list of upgrading.
MandM+4
kingofnowhere

Thanks

1. Endure was included for us. The paint finish in our house is excellent with only a couple of touch ups required at maintenance.
2. Also included for us
3. It’s $85 per door I think, or $95...def worth the upgrade anyway. The entry door and stacker door need to be upgraded also.
4. Personally we have 2590 downstairs and I’m happy with it, and 2440 upstairs. It’s fine for just bedrooms but not “wow” like downstairs. I’d consider upgrading it. Also square set ceilings would be worth the extra downstairs.
5. How long is a piece of string? Lol. If I had my time again I’d try to pick a 450x450 floor and 300x450 wall, as these sizes don’t incur extra laying charges. Best bang for buck. Budget about $1000 per wall.
6. Lin1 doors are $550 upgrade each plus price of stain. I think it was ~385 to upgrade from hinged to cavity sliding

Thanks
MandM+4
MIM11
MandM+4
Took some pics of brickwork ☹️
The rest of the house looks good.

Hi Mand

Did your bricks end up getting cleaned? May I ask which brick you used?

Yes they did and they do look better with time
We have our maintenance inspection tomorrow and IMO some of the mortar needs fixing up so will see what they say
Our bricks are austral chiffon

It’s great there is a solution! I have seen it on few houses and was concerned. I thought these bricks were meant to be salt tolerant.
]
It’s great there is a solution! I have seen it on few houses and was concerned. I thought these bricks were meant to be salt tolerant.[/quote]

EXP grade means the salt won’t eat the bricks away doesn’t mean you won’t get salt. The salt comes for the mortar not the brick and will disappear in time on its own. Looks like your bricks had more staining from to much acid easy fix though.
How’s everyone’s Sunday?

Has anyone unexpectedly found tilted bricks below their windows? And had expected a flush setting instead?
GLO
How’s everyone’s Sunday?

Has anyone unexpectedly found tilted bricks below their windows? And had expected a flush setting instead?

What facade are you building,GLO?
becks81
GLO
How’s everyone’s Sunday?

What facade are you building,GLO?

Designer, no balcony.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum