Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 592 of 828
Washington29
Hi guys, we’re wanting to build an extension to our alfresco - covered pergola, decking, in built bbq etc.

Has anyone done anything similar and have a builder they could recommend?

Thanks in advance!

We also put an extension to our alfresco.. it runs the width of our house, 11x4 metres. Also didn’t get any other quotes, we were happy for W to incorporate it into our build.

Does anyone know what that extension is called with the wood kinda feature that extends from the alfesco that they have in some of the display homes
Manhattan52
Washington29
Manhattan52
We put a 9x4m alfresco extension on ours to wrap around the house and to join the pool
With the house. Wisdom is doing our and wisdom landscapes doing the built in BBQ with underbench glass fridges

Thanks Manhattan52! How did you find they compared pricewise to other landscapers/builders?

To be honest we didn’t get other quotes. We are happy with what Wisdom quoted and we only want one throat the choke so to speak when dealing with any issues.

Our external tiling and pool surrounds tiling is the same as our internal tiling except a rough finish. This makes it a more integrated look which is what I wanted.

I have no interest in dealing with trades and the mess associated after handover so as much as possible is being done by Wisdom
Hi Washington29, We are with Manhattan52 we have Wisdom doing all our landscaping for the same reasons however not the actual patio and built in bbq. Only the concrete slab for the alfresco. We found them competitive on price except for items they outscource ie patio, builtin bbq, fencing etc where they add the builders margin on top. I did have local builders provide quotes for patio and found them 20 to 30% cheaper.

Hi Washington29, We are with Manhattan52 we have Wisdom doing all our landscaping for the same reasons however not the actual patio and built in bbq. Only the concrete slab for the alfresco. We found them competitive on price except for items they outscource ie patio, builtin bbq, fencing etc where they add the builders margin on top. I did have local builders provide quotes for patio and found them 20 to 3

Thanks Lombieagle! What area are you building?
Washington29
Hi Washington29, We are with Manhattan52 we have Wisdom doing all our landscaping for the same reasons however not the actual patio and built in bbq. Only the concrete slab for the alfresco. We found them competitive on price except for items they outscource ie patio, builtin bbq, fencing etc where they add the builders margin on top. I did have local builders provide quotes for patio and found them 20 to 3

Harrington Grove

lombieagle
Washington29

Harrington Grove

Do you mind sending me contacts of any of the contractors you’re using? Builders/fencers etc?
Washington29
lombieagle
Washington29

Harrington Grove

Do you mind sending me contacts of any of the contractors you’re using? Builders/fencers etc?

So are we.
Washington29
lombieagle
Washington29

Harrington Grove

I sent PM

Washington29
Hi guys, we’re wanting to build an extension to our alfresco - covered pergola, decking, in built bbq etc.

Thanks in advance!

We are building the ambassador 41 and extending the leisure by 1m and alfresco by 3m all the way across. We decided to get it fine with WH so the finishes and roof lines would flow. They are also doing the outdoor kitchen.
becks81
Washington29

Thanks in advance!

We are building the ambassador 41 and extending the leisure by 1m and alfresco by 3m all the way across. We decided to get it fine with WH so the finishes and roof lines would flow. They are also doing the outdoor kitchen.
Nice!

What sort of $$$ we that to put it under the main roof line?

I thought that the slab costs would be prohibitive doing it this way!

Steven155
Does anyone know what that extension is called with the wood kinda feature that extends from the alfesco that they have in some of the display homes
Have you got a photo? Or which display home did you see this at?

You are not referring to cedar lined ceilings are you?

GLO
becks81
Washington29

Thanks in advance!

Nice!

It's about 1.1k per sqm to extend under roof line.

Hi Guys,
Is anyone building with a BAL 19 or 29 rating? Where abouts have you gone for fly screens and doors to meet requirements.
doosra
GLO
becks81

Nice!

It's about 1.1k per sqm to extend under roof line.

Yeh about that.
When our construction has initially started our site supervisor was good and everything was progressing smoothly
About a month ago around 14th of July we were informed that our site supervisor had changed and Wayne was our new SS.
Since then there has been little or no progress onsite. We have lost 3-4 weeks only to be informed that Wayne has left W.
We have lots 3-4 weeks and have not been allocated a SS yet.
We are not sure of whom to escalate this to as our CSR says this is not under her area .
We are having anxious moments owing to the delay. Never expected this from W.
Request any of you guys to let us know if you have been through anything similar and whom do we escalate construction issues to? Please feel free to PM
@WisdomHomes I hope you are listening
spk_homebuild
When our construction has initially started our site supervisor was good and everything was progressing smoothly
About a month ago around 14th of July we were informed that our site supervisor had changed and Wayne was our new SS.
Since then there has been little or no progress onsite. We have lost 3-4 weeks only to be informed that Wayne has left W.
We have lots 3-4 weeks and have not been allocated a SS yet.
We are not sure of whom to escalate this to as our CSR says this is not under her area .
We are having anxious moments owing to the delay. Never expected this from W.
Request any of you guys to let us know if you have been through anything similar and whom do we escalate construction issues to? Please feel free to PM
@WisdomHomes I hope you are listening

Similar scenario to us
. I don't understand how Wisdom allow this to happen. I have sent you a PM.

Their NPS must be well into negative!!
Contact your CSO spk_homebuild
Jordann
We left the NTD in the garage but requested for the data and telephone to be ran from there to the down stairs linen cupboard.

Little messy right now as these are just temporary equipment.

Also got plantation shutters for airflow.

Jordann, would you please mind sharing a larger picture of your plantation shutter? We have enquired about a door with shutters but they can't put in a handle or a lock etc so I'm interested to know what yours looks like?
ml117 - we have BAL 12. W will quote you for door and flyscreens.
Skylight help please: I am selecting skylights for the length of alfresco across then back of our house which is about 3m deep (this is in addition to the standard alfresco, making it an L shape). I have the choice of 2x 570mm by 1180mm or 2x 875mm by 875mm. We can't fit more due to the roof pitch. Would the rectangular or square let in more light?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum