Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Hall & Hart Homes

Page 60 of 61
All builders will allow plenty of amendments to all their plans as everyone has different needs. The main thing is to ensure you like the base layout then modify things to suit your family's needs. Bare in mind thats where costs add up and you need to compare the final costs with a few other builders and plans.
mazz246
How are all the current H&H builds going? We have just engaged them for a tender. I'm so impressed with how much they were willing to do regarding our floor plan before even putting any money down or signing anything. It's all very exciting but extremely overwhelming.

Hi, they are very keen to assist but then admin delays come in. I paid my first tender in June 2020 and my house is still getting built. Also be mindful of final price, they were more expensive but had better inclusions but the inclusions were still not the level we wanted so it ended up being over 200k more then the base.
Thanks Mia. Hopefully you will be done soon and will have a beautiful house that makes the delays worthwhile. Yes I am very prepared for the upgrades to risk blowing our budget. I'm hoping we don't feel the need to upgrade everything and since they are already at a higher level that when we do it is less of a jump than places which start lower. Time will tell
mazz246
Thanks Mia. Hopefully you will be done soon and will have a beautiful house that makes the delays worthwhile. Yes I am very prepared for the upgrades to risk blowing our budget. I'm hoping we don't feel the need to upgrade everything and since they are already at a higher level that when we do it is less of a jump than places which start lower. Time will tell

Best thing is to check your standard inclusions in the designer living and designer cut (this is the new rename packages since the price increase) and just google and you will be able to see if your happy with the basic 🙂
Hello, just wondering if anyone else is having delays with their house construction with Hall & Hart? Ours is nearing almost a year and half now, is anyone else in this situation? Any tips to get this moving?
Kristfirsthome
Hello, just wondering if anyone else is having delays with their house construction with Hall & Hart? Ours is nearing almost a year and half now, is anyone else in this situation? Any tips to get this moving?

Is that 1.5 years from construction start (land prep and excavation)?

What stage in construction are you at now? What is the construction period listed in your contract?

I think a normal Hall & Hart build takes about 6 months, and 12 months in the current environment is probably reasonable. If your build is pushing into 2 years, sounds like some serious conversations need to be had with management.
Nezza112
Kristfirsthome

What stage in construction are you at now? What is the construction period listed in your contract?

I think a normal Hall & Hart build takes about 6 months, and 12 months in the current environment is probably reasonable. If your build is pushing into 2 years, sounds like some serious conversations need to be had with management.

Yes, that is from construction start date.
We used to get weekly project status reports each Thursday. Have you been told what is causing the delays e.g, materials not available etc?
Kristfirsthome
Kristfirsthome
Nezza112
Kristfirsthome

Yes, that is from construction start date.

That must be well over your contracted construction time. I would have thought that in addition to the weekly reports they would have given you some indication on why the build has been delayed so long and when you get expect to get handover. Has that not happened?

We're about 7 months into our build with Hall&Hart. Things have been slow but progressing. We get the weekly reports but they're not always accurate as work scheduled doesn't always happen may get delayed into the next week or even later.
We are in exactly the same situation as Kristifirsthome!!! Construction started in August 2021 and we still are waiting for handover. The delay for us is the completion of the detention tank which is right in front of our garage and touching up the paint defects inside. I wonder who your site manager is? Ours was Craig who up to a few months ago was doing an ok job but then decided to do a runner just recently. It's been a frustrating wait as we had hope to move in by Christmas but that no longer looks possible.
wongyri
We are in exactly the same situation as Kristifirsthome!!! Construction started in August 2021 and we still are waiting for handover. The delay for us is the completion of the detention tank which is right in front of our garage and touching up the paint defects inside. I wonder who your site manager is? Ours was Craig who up to a few months ago was doing an ok job but then decided to do a runner just recently. It's been a frustrating wait as we had hope to move in by Christmas but that no longer looks possible.

Same here ! As least you are waiting at the handover stage, i am still in the internal lining stage as we started the construction last October/Nov.
SDS1
We used to get weekly project status reports each Thursday. Have you been told what is causing the delays e.g, materials not available etc?
Kristfirsthome

Not sure really what delays are, just trying to get this done.
ceciyau
wongyri

Same here ! As least you are waiting at the handover stage, i am still in the internal lining stage as we started the construction last October/Nov.

Did you have Craig too?
wongyri

Yep we had Craig who has now left. Nothing done in the house for months
Are your builds all in the north shore area?
Ours is in Marsfield.
Malibu

Ours is in Epping
Hi everyone - Has anyone built with H&H and having issues with them in relation to liquidated damages (ie payment from them for going over building period)? In particular the calculation of the amount they owe.

I suspect this will only apply to people who only recently handed over with them (as they were well below building period pre-COVID).
Kristfirsthome
Malibu

Ours is in Epping

How's it going with the new supervisor? I think the process is still very slow.
Hi
Yes it is extremely.. slow without any reasons provided. I had been informed because of Covid restrictions, bad weather, lack of timber, materials and short of tradies and ....all sort of unexpected circumstances happened last two years. I am still waiting for the handover since April 2023 despite of the tender signed in 2020, 9 months of DA approval and slab started in Oct/Nov2021. Anyone would like to share your experience how to handle and manage to speed up the handover stage cause it has been causing so much pain and stress over last three years.
Related
15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum