Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Metricon Liberty 45 on the Northern Beaches, Sydney

Page 59 of 70
VistaDream
I never did withhold payment. I figure Metricon are a large reputable company, it's not in their interests to not get the work done properly, particularly if you put it in writing what needs to be done. So personally I wouldn't withhold a stage payment but make it clear in writing what must be done before the build may continue.

Our contract says that payment is not linked to acceptance of a milestone so we can't withhold money for work done badly unless it wasn't done at all. The last PCI payment is the only payment in our contract that is linked with acceptance.

Metricon Liberty 45 in Ryde NSW
viewtopic.php?t=82846
NthHome

What camera / CCTV setup did you use?

HikVision 3 & 4 meg cameras, combination of bullets, domes, mini domes and fisheye on a dedicated NVR.

All with usual motion detection, patrols etc with remote access.

Quirmeball1280
VistaDream
I never did withhold payment. I figure Metricon are a large reputable company, it's not in their interests to not get the work done properly, particularly if you put it in writing what needs to be done. So personally I wouldn't withhold a stage payment but make it clear in writing what must be done before the build may continue.

Our contract says that payment is not linked to acceptance of a milestone so we can't withhold money for work done badly unless it wasn't done at all. The last PCI payment is the only payment in our contract that is linked with acceptance.

viewtopic.php?t=82846

So I'm telling them the work hasn't been done (ie spoil removal) hence that's why I'm holding back payment.

I've put it in writing that the heavy rocks they left can only be removed by machinery and they still went ahead and put up the frames thereby preventing any future access. *sigh*

Sorry to hear that, sounds like a lack of coordination. I guess it's their problem now?

On a different subject, anyone used Budget Blinds from Allambie Heights? We're thinking of using them for blackout roller blinds in 4 bedrooms before Christmas.

Busy week, our first heavy rainfall since moving in.

First we found a window not properly sealed so ants were coming in, then the rains came. Somehow about 30 litres of rainwater got in the kitchen, via the rangehood;

To Metricon's credit, they sealed the window and stopped rain getting in within a few hours of being told. They've committed to getting the rangehood replaced, as its electrical its ruined due to getting wet.

We're asking for the gas hob to be replaced too, at least one igniter is not working properly. Paid over $2000 (in lieu!) so we're keen to make sure it gives us a good life.

Not yet tackled what to do with the units, most of which had 5cm of water in them as this happened overnight.

Still not sure how rain got into the rangehood ducting, reckon they didn't weatherproof the ducting.

Vista do u have a photo of the rangehood outlet outside the house?

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
This is the best one I can find....

VistaDream

Cool. Let me check my one if it's got any design issues...

@Orph

Oh you're kidding.... That's terrible. I'm sorry that's happened to you. But it is good metricon were so responsive. Just a bloody hassle you could do without!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Vista - Terrible news sorry to hear but glad to see they got on to it quick smart.

Re the cabinets, can you call Kitchen Culture and ask for the number of the Cabinet maker? Maybe they can tell you more about the water resistance of the units. 5cm sitting in them doesn't sound good at all especially if the substrate is MDF.

Thanks for sharing. Perhaps consider getting a FLIR one to see where else is water damaged?

Orpheus
VistaDream

Cool. Let me check my one if it's got any design issues...

@Orph

Sorry to hear about the water damage Vista, that's really disappointing. It's interesting where they place the ducting outlet - I thought they would duct it out the shortest distance which would be above the splashback window..

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Hi VistaDream,

i just read through your entire thread. Congratulations on your home, it looks fabulous. Quite similar layout to the one i'm building atm.
I'm also considering the eproxy flooring and modular wall system like you. Could you please PM any additional information you have on the wall pricing. It would be nice seeing the photos of the completed wall.

Thanks!
Sure, I used Modular Wall Systems, a company based near Sydney I think but they have a unique feature- can retain up to 2m and they supply commercial, government and private countrywide. Pleased with their product. Installed by their preferred installer in Sydney, Swiftwall, another good team.

For 72 lineal metres, of which 16m is 1.2m with slats, 20m is 3.8m high, 20m is 3.2m high and 16m is 2.2m the cost is around $50k. Not cheap. You have to render and/or paint yourself after installation.

Very pleased with epoxy floor, much better product than the DIY stuff you get at Bunnings. Feels thick and great grip underfoot.

Vista - How'd you go with the Cabinetry? Hopefully there hasn't been any swelling of the substrate. I was speaking to Kitchen Culture today and they told me substrate is High Moisture Resistant (HMR) MDF so hopefully it is ok and not damaged.

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M
Blog - North Shore Newhaven (http://nsnewhaven.blogspot.com.au)
Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85092
Sorry to hear about the leak Vista
. That's terrible.....I am glad it got attended to but it is so annoying. Try and push for the stove to be replaced if it was soaked and one of the burner is not working already M should replace it.

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Vista, this is what we have for the outdoor vent for the rangehood. Is yrs similar? Not sure from the photo you posted your vent has a mesh grill?

@Orph

Orpheus
Vista, this is what we have for the outdoor vent for the rangehood. Is yrs similar?

@Orph

Hi Orph, just wondering is it normal to have that vertical line in the bricks to the right of your outdoor vent? Thx

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
Orpheus
Vista, this is what we have for the outdoor vent for the rangehood. Is yrs similar?

@Orph

Hi Orph, just wondering is it normal to have that vertical line in the bricks to the right of your outdoor vent? Thx

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Hi Q,

The vertical lines or gaps in the brickwork is necessary in order for the bricks to expand in various climate conditions.

@Orph

Oh cool, interesting. But no water or stuff gets inside the house through the gap right? Thx

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
Oh cool, interesting. But no water or stuff gets inside the house through the gap right? Thx

viewtopic.php?t=82846

The gap is lined with a strip of plastic sheeting to prevent any water penetration.

@Orph

Related
30/05/2023
Montgomery Homes KD/R on Northern Beaches

Building A New House

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has built with Montgomery in the last few years on the Northern Beaches? I don't see the see them around, as I would love to ask how happy…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum