Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR with Sekisui House: post handover

Page 59 of 123
Carpet looks great. What about clothes line, letterbox?

Via Tapatalk.
viewtopic.php?t=72683
Be very, very careful with importing. Sometimes cheaper is not always the right option. There has been big cases recently of imported from overseas hot water systems and even tiles full of asbestos!
Oh and the house is looking amazing! Really getting there!
yvonneh
@TW

Something strange about the proportion

it could be the narrowness of the doors

I'm with you yvonneh about the proportion. I find upgraded height doors look too skinny IMO. I know we will be against the majority in doing standard height doors with 2.7 ceilings top and bottom. The only door we upgraded in height was the front pivot door and that's because it's wider.
We're getting 2.7 ceilings and are also getting standard doors throughout. I do wish we got the back glass stackers increased, but then I like things to line up.. so they wouldn't have aligned with near by windows or other doors. OCD

Love the carpet! I haven't had any carpet for a while, I always think a place is so luxurious that has it
TraceyWayne
Was checking out your to do list, who'd have thought the toaster would be so low, haha love my toast

We've learned to fry bread

Our holiday house which is off grid can't handle a toaster
trixee
Carpet looks great. What about clothes line, letterbox?

Via Tapatalk.
viewtopic.php?t=72683

We have our existing mailbox (from the street you can't even tell we are building). When we visit the block we check our mail

clothes line will be a simple line for now and we have a spare retractable one so will use that.

But good thinking!
MoncrieffMan
Be very, very careful with importing. Sometimes cheaper is not always the right option. There has been big cases recently of imported from overseas hot water systems and even tiles full of asbestos!

Yeah a bit concerned although I use to import goods so should be ok within reason. Need to get a good quality control in China.

Edit: the type of goods is be importing at this stage are just cabinets for the library and laundry and wardrobe...

MoncrieffMan
Oh and the house is looking amazing! Really getting there!

Thanks. Yeah can't wait
cat_dunc
We're getting 2.7 ceilings and are also getting standard doors throughout. I do wish we got the back glass stackers increased, but then I like things to line up.. so they wouldn't have aligned with near by windows or other doors. OCD

Love the carpet! I haven't had any carpet for a while, I always think a place is so luxurious that has it

Ooh what floors are you going to be installing through the house? Make sure you let sekisui know as they had to resubmit our Basix as they guessed!

For our stacking doors I think we changed our minds about what to do about 7 times. From colonial bars to no colonial bars to height changes and laminated etc. We ended up getting 2100mm high even though we thought we were getting 2143! So I don't know why we bothered going to the Stegbar showroom. (they are now with Dowell again)
For those of you who have seen the Mocoro I put up a small video as it arrived yesterday

I must have missed something..what's a Mocoro?

Blog | http://ourhudson.wordpress.com
Build thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72159
it was way back on page 43 or something
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=1305887#p1305887
That Mocoro is pretty cool! I just sent the link to DH. We are having bamboo floors and not looking forward to cleaning them.
yvonneh
For those of you who have seen the Mocoro I put up a small video as it arrived yesterday

Haha they are so cute! And kinda silly! My kids will totally crack up watching them too!

Genius!

Via Tapatalk.
viewtopic.php?t=72683
Haha! They're adorable. I wish I got around to replying to your message now. Bugger! I'll investigate this further
Is just soooo cute. I just hope it picks up dust too

Edit: confirming that it does a good job of picking up dust and hair!
Locked out atm. So photo piggies will need to wait... Till we get another site visit! Currently penciled in for Tuesday... Painting happening currently with some plasterboard fix soon and more painting. SS was asking us about robes so that is in play too...

One pic of garage ceiling painted...
What internal colours are using? We are struggling with this decision atm.
We chose ours from a Wattyl/solver range as it was before the change to haymes. But we went radical and a dark colour - Reiki or Subtle Hint. Trim is Flokati (white) Basically we went greige.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum