Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 578 of 828
Kazi
Had our pre-lining meeting in 18 week today.

Met our Site Supervisor. Such a wonderful person!

Couldn't find much fault. SS has put timber support in most of the room ceiling (upstairs and downstairs) for my possible ceiling fan option. He is arranging re-direction of wiring for future ceiling fan.

Timber support all ok for TV wall mount in all possible locations (Home theater, living downstairs, upstairs leisure). Also in entry for large wall mirror.

Only 2 things I picked up or requested:

- Dining pendant point closer to wall (currently in the centre of room)

- Master suite media alcove power point need to be raised in bench height (I asked in electrical appoitmemt) since I will have custom wall mount joinery and mirror on that wall (a dressing table kind of).

Forecast:
19 week: Gyrock complete
20 week: Stairs complete
22 week: kitchen complete
30 week: Handover

Finger crossed

Building Ambassador 41 Wisdom Homes

Slab done 19 March 2018
Frame done 20 April 2018
Bricks done 31 May 2018

Looks great! That’s pretty much the exact same timeline we’re running on now too. Gyprock took just over a week to finish and staircase/waterproofing/architraves/doors are all going in this week to give you an idea of what to expect in the next couple of weeks.

Glad to hear it was only minor things too. Our electrician only had a printed copy of the electrical plan and simply couldn’t read the different height measurements so I’m not surprised you found a powerpoint at the wrong height too. It sounds like really easy fixes and like you have a good SS managing the build.

Not long to go now! I’ve had a bit of a panic since gyprock went up and I realised we’re not far away from moving. Time to start organising post handover stuff.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
Thank you Jenifermarie.

This thread has been so useful to me. This is all because people share their experiences which many other people get benefited from

Jenifermarie
Kazi
Had our pre-lining meeting in 18 week today.

Met our Site Supervisor. Such a wonderful person!

Couldn't find much fault. SS has put timber support in most of the room ceiling (upstairs and downstairs) for my possible ceiling fan option. He is arranging re-direction of wiring for future ceiling fan.

Timber support all ok for TV wall mount in all possible locations (Home theater, living downstairs, upstairs leisure). Also in entry for large wall mirror.

Only 2 things I picked up or requested:

- Dining pendant point closer to wall (currently in the centre of room)

- Master suite media alcove power point need to be raised in bench height (I asked in electrical appoitmemt) since I will have custom wall mount joinery and mirror on that wall (a dressing table kind of).

Forecast:
19 week: Gyrock complete
20 week: Stairs complete
22 week: kitchen complete
30 week: Handover

Finger crossed

Slab done 19 March 2018
Frame done 20 April 2018
Bricks done 31 May 2018

Looks great! That’s pretty much the exact same timeline we’re running on now too. Gyprock took just over a week to finish and staircase/waterproofing/architraves/doors are all going in this week to give you an idea of what to expect in the next couple of weeks.

Glad to hear it was only minor things too. Our electrician only had a printed copy of the electrical plan and simply couldn’t read the different height measurements so I’m not surprised you found a powerpoint at the wrong height too. It sounds like really easy fixes and like you have a good SS managing the build.

Not long to go now! I’ve had a bit of a panic since gyprock went up and I realised we’re not far away from moving. Time to start organising post handover stuff.

Slab 19 Mar 2018
Frame 20 Apr 2018
Bricks 04-31 May 2018
Gyprock 13-19 Jul 2018
SS shared some pics of our staircase today. Very happy with our choices - it’s just going to get a clear stain and we’re having carpet on the risers because it was cheaper basically.

Gyprock still needs to go in for the understair cupboard now.

Can’t wait to see the handprints and nose marks my niece and nephew will no doubt leave behind every time they visit!

Jenifermarie
SS shared some pics of our staircase today. Very happy with our choices - it’s just going to get a clear stain and we’re having carpet on the risers because it was cheaper basically.

Can’t wait to see the handprints and nose marks my niece and nephew will no doubt leave behind every time they visit!

Looks fantastic with that big window
Jenifermarie

Looks really good Jenifermarie. Am surprised with the size of the window , it is huge, is that the standard window size that comes with Aspiration31? Looks like plenty of storage space under the stairs too.
Looks great! I wish I could afford the glass!
Jenifermarie

Slab 19 Mar 2018
Frame 20 Apr 2018
Bricks 04-31 May 2018
Gyprock 13-19 Jul 2018
I posted earlier about cabling. We asked for a higher grade of HDMI, Sentinel will not supply it due to cost but say they will install our supplied cabling for a cost if required
MNVRKC
Jenifermarie

Looks really good Jenifermarie. Am surprised with the size of the window , it is huge, is that the standard window size that comes with Aspiration31? Looks like plenty of storage space under the stairs too.

Yep standard window. Not that it looks out on much! Our next door neighbour is only going to be single storey so it should let lots of light into the middle of the house even if the view will just be other houses.

I think most display homes have a shutter or frosting on the staircase windows to hide the ugly views of a wall next door so they’re not so noticeable.

We’re debating what sort of window covering we should put in because it’s west facing so it could be a nightmare in the summer. I would like to get it tinted eventually.

Has anyone bulit the “new portico” facade? I’m trying to cut on costs, currently have the grande but could go do to the new portico for a similar style. Not sure since I don’t know what it looks like in life form
We are extending the length of our double vanity and having extra bench space in between the basins, would it be practical to put a power point on the wall just below the mirror in the middle or would it be a hazard as it would be relatively close to the taps?

Has anyone increased the vanity mirror size? Looking at increasing the width by half a metre to a metre to match the increased width of the vanity and was wondering of the sort of price we should be looking at.

Thanks!
One
We are extending the length of our double vanity and having extra bench space in between the basins, would it be practical to put a power point on the wall just below the mirror in the middle or would it be a hazard as it would be relatively close to the taps?

Has anyone increased the vanity mirror size? Looking at increasing the width by half a metre to a metre to match the increased width of the vanity and was wondering of the sort of price we should be looking at.

Thanks!

Yes, we extended master suite mirror and the power point was not allowed to be in that wall therefore since too close to tap. It has been moved to around the corner on the toilet wall (shown in the plan bellow)

One

Thanks!

We increased shaving cabinets to match extended vanity of 2400 long but the price was combined with the vanity upgrade etc so cant tell.
I would however definitely match the mirror to vanity size.

The power point would be too close but would also spoil your line of sight. Maybe put inside cupboard door underneath?
Manhattan52
One

Thanks!

We increased shaving cabinets to match extended vanity of 2400 long but the price was combined with the vanity upgrade etc so cant tell.

The power point would be too close but would also spoil your line of sight. Maybe put inside cupboard door underneath?

Thanks Kazi and Manhattan52.

Manhattan52, what's a shaving cabinet? Is that the shallow cabinets behind the mirror? How much extra did you increase by? If you wouldn't mind telling me the upgrade price for the lot? I think we are increasing the vanity anywhere from half a metre to a metre, but not finalised as we are changing our plans... so still have time to add to our wishlist.

A bit nervous about the quotes that will come back with all the upgrades...
One
Manhattan52
One

Thanks!

Manhattan52, what's a shaving cabinet? Is that the shallow cabinets behind the mirror? How much extra did you increase by? If you wouldn't mind telling me the upgrade price for the lot? I think we are increasing the vanity anywhere from half a metre to a metre, but not finalised as we are changing our plans... so still have time to add to our wishlist.

Yes that’s the cabinet behind mirror.
My qoute may seem like a lot but it all is a massive size and includes a few things

My vanity and matching cabinet is 2400mm long

Includes stepped wall behind vanity ( tiled shelf step)
Upgraded vanity
Laminated bulkhead
LED strip groove to underside of cabinets
Soft close drawers
Premium range Caeser Stone ( Pure White)
Shark edge profile to cabinets
Polytec Woodmatt finish
$6560
One
Manhattan52
One

Thanks!

Get a credit for the mirrors and do it yourself after handover. So much cheaper.. that's what weve decided to do. I'm going to install shaving cabinets myself.

[quote defaultattr=""]
Yes that’s the cabinet behind mirror.
My qoute may seem like a lot but it all is a massive size and includes a few things

My vanity and matching cabinet is 2400mm long

Includes stepped wall behind vanity ( tiled shelf step)
Upgraded vanity
Laminated bulkhead
LED strip groove to underside of cabinets
Soft close drawers
Premium range Caeser Stone ( Pure White)
Shark edge profile to cabinets
Polytec Woodmatt finish
$6560[/quote]
Wow! That's a very good guide for me, thanks!

Will they itemise the quotes if I ask? Then I could decide what to keep and what to forgo?
doosra
Get a credit for the mirrors and do it yourself after handover. So much cheaper.. that's what weve decided to do. I'm going to install shaving cabinets myself.

That's a good idea, too
Kazi
Jenifermarie

Slab 19 Mar 2018
Frame 20 Apr 2018
Bricks 04-31 May 2018
Gyprock 13-19 Jul 2018

Looking at your time log makes me very disappointed and quite angry! we are currently getting gyprock done and our slab went down in November! Our SS informed us this week that our laundry chute doesn’t line up with our laundry cupboard! This is after installing the wrong mouldings under our Juliette balcony (now removed)

I’ve got no words left about this build.. it continues to leave me speechless.

Hi amf149,

We too are so disappointed and now angry with our building progress also.
Slab went down mid January, frames took 2 weeks then bricking started early March.
Here we are in July and bricks still not complete and nothing else can continue until completed.
That is 4 and half months for bricking and counting.

We are 26 weeks into our 30 week contract, and yes won’t even be at lock-up by the 30 week mark.

The constant hollow promises from Wisdom’s construction team, lack of customer service and lack of site progress/ commitment is disgusting.
Happy to take your money though.

We have had enough and regret every choosing to build with Wisdom.

Wisdom homes motto ‘build your dreams’ - sure, currently they are building our ‘nightmare’.

Anyone else thinking of building with this company beware.
amf139
Kazi
Jenifermarie

Slab 19 Mar 2018
Frame 20 Apr 2018
Bricks 04-31 May 2018
Gyprock 13-19 Jul 2018

Looking at your time log makes me very disappointed and quite angry! we are currently getting gyprock done and our slab went down in November! Our SS informed us this week that our laundry chute doesn’t line up with our laundry cupboard! This is after installing the wrong mouldings under our Juliette balcony (now removed)

I’ve got no words left about this build.. it continues to leave me speechless.

What have they done with the laundry chute misalignment? Did u get refunded for the laundry chute material/install? I remember at my kitchen appointment that the sales rep said the chute didnt line up but he was gonna advise wisdom so they can update plans but wisdom drafting have been a nightmare tbh so my bet is that it doesnt align like urs

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum