Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 573 of 579
Hi All,

When do we have to keep private Inspection before handover? Is it before PCI or after. We are still waiting for our kitchen stone bench tops and rest all are finished. Can anyone please tell us what is next? Our ss is not updating anything.

Thanks!
Hi All,

Good News!!! Yay!!!Yay!!
We have our final walk through on May 24th 😲πŸ€ͺπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸŽ‰
Seriously we are just confused what next, we have already found few issues and when will they fix or will they ever try to fix? Is walkthrough is Pci or that's later??

Back to my previous question when should we keep our private inspection?

Our SS is already asking abt funds release to be ready and last but not least..... insurance???!!! I mean does that have to be done before hand over or is there a time period???

Anyone please help me πŸ˜”
Hi All,

Please urgent....

Is PCI and walkthrough both same or will there be pci after walk through.
We have got our walk through date as 24th where our finance broker got an email saying pci is due 21st and asking for money.

I m just upset as we never got final invoice not the pci date???

Can anyone please please explain this process from here. They will b putting the bench tops on 21st.
Our supervisor is not attending our calls and private inspector says they won't be able to do the inspection without the notice of completion. πŸ™†β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Also regarding the home insurance should that be taken prior to handover? Or is there a time limit for us to do that?

Can anyone please reply πŸ˜•πŸ˜”
MrsAJ
Our supervisor is not attending our calls and private inspector says they won't be able to do the inspection without the notice of completion.

Also regarding the home insurance should that be taken prior to handover? Or is there a time limit for us to do that?

Can anyone please reply

We had to insurance our house before handover because we installed our own appliances.

When we had PCI and we were organising handover for 2 weeks time, our ss said now is the time to get insurance, organise final payment etc

I’m confused by your private inspector.
We had every stage inspected. We just contacted them when a stage was finished, they rang our ss to organise a time to be on site/ house to be open.
Even with PCI, they spent 2 hours at our house before we even did our inspection.

Hope that helped

xjanex
MrsAJ
Our supervisor is not attending our calls and private inspector says they won't be able to do the inspection without the notice of completion.

Can anyone please reply

We had to insurance our house before handover because we installed our own appliances.

When we had PCI and we were organising handover for 2 weeks time, our ss said now is the time to get insurance, organise final payment etc

I’m confused by your private inspector.
We had every stage inspected. We just contacted them when a stage was finished, they rang our ss to organise a time to be on site/ house to be open.
Even with PCI, they spent 2 hours at our house before we even did our inspection.

Hope that helped

Thank you so much for your reply. It really helps.
I know that was weird when the private inspector told that to us. The reason behind that was..if the builder doesnt give a statement it is 100% complete then there is no point for them to find faults as their answer will b "House not 100% complete". Which makes it valid point when we are paying them. But in my last call they agreed to do the inspection even without that as our supervisor is not willing to give anyth statement πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ for inspection but wants the final payment alone.
I am signing up woth coralhomes this week for lowset home.

Interested to know whether in the final contract did they specify expected completion date? And what clause did they specify if they cannot meet the expected completion date ?

I am signing up this week and they are promising completion before Christmas 2019.

Let me know please on what your contract stated on completion date

Interested to know whether in the final contract did they specify expected completion date? And what clause did they specify if they cannot meet the expected completion date ?

I am signing up this week and they are promising completion before Christmas 2019.

catchganu

Is ur land registered?
We did sign up with coral before land got registered. Thankfully our land registered within their timeline. If it exceeds first the price they quoted will change. I would say signup only when your land is settled. I have read forums here where few of them land did not register on said date and they had to pay coral to have that quote price they gave else there will b increase in price.
Next, Based on on my first point completion date will not be mentioned at all. It was mentioned they will take 180days to complete the construction but they would have also mentioned that they can exceed that 180days due to rainy days or weather reasons. If it exceeds more they will pay rental amount to us.
Hope this helps. Good Luck with your build.
Make sure you included everything in ur tender instead of having it has 13 variations as we do and it is confusing to validate now.
MrsAJ
catchganu

Is ur land registered?
We did sign up with coral before land got registered. Thankfully our land registered within their timeline. If it exceeds first the price they quoted will change. I would say signup only when your land is settled. I have read forums here where few of them land did not register on said date and they had to pay coral to have that quote price they gave else there will b increase in price.
Next, Based on on my first point completion date will not be mentioned at all. It was mentioned they will take 180days to complete the construction but they would have also mentioned that they can exceed that 180days due to rainy days or weather reasons. If it exceeds more they will pay rental amount to us.
Make sure you included everything in ur tender instead of having it has 13 variations as we do and it is confusing to validate now.

Thanks, Yes, Land is already registered and my land contract is approved. I am putting down a deposit this week. So hopefully things will flow as promised and build can finish before Christmas
catchganu
MrsAJ
catchganu

Is ur land registered?

Thanks, Yes, Land is already registered and my land contract is approved. I am putting down a deposit this week. So hopefully things will flow as promised and build can finish before Christmas

That's good news. Where are you building? Do you have your build thread started? Eager to follow. Good Luck!!
Thanks, Probably I will, still very nervous on all this process and steps. Never thought I would end up building.

Hopefully all goes fine
Can anyone please confirm is this how standard handle is for shower door and is this how door is?? It can't be opened 2 ways??
Picture below...
MrsAJ

Ours just opens out not both ways.
Corallake
MrsAJ

Thanks corallake.
We are having major issues and tomorrow is our pci
Issues found just one day before Pci are...

1. Kitchen sink wasn't undermount.
2. Splashback tiles on pantry and kitchen laying wrong. Rectified tiling miserable and laid horizontally.
3. Master bedroom lock they forgot.
4. Ensuite rectified tile 600x600 full of scratches.
5. Dining stacker door still crooked and not proper. It closes though but will it lock with key I doubt.
6.We paid extra for untempered water whereas I dont notice boiling hot water in kitchen and laundry.
7. Under study bench not proper. Ss has already marked in blue tape.
8. Paint totally white patch paint in dining. Ugly
9. Dampness in wall and that worries me more as I wonder it might be due to rain and some leakage....πŸ˜”πŸ˜­πŸ˜‘
Issues continue and SS not replying for our emails and calls
Corallake
MrsAJ

I thought the handle will be small round ones and door opens both ways. Wish I had known this.l earlier. Anyways not something big compared to actual issues of ours.
Hi All,

Does anyone have a pci checklist?

Thanks in Advance.
Hi All,

Urgent.... please let me know did ur SS get any sign during PCi?

If so how did you add your issues found by your private inspector to that list??

Please someone reply. We have our pci tomorrow (friday). And .. private insoection on Monday.
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum