Coral Homes general build thread

Page 572 of 579
alexp79
MrsAJ
bestspecials
We got the 2 of these for the garage.
They were $240 each through Clipsal.
But, they are brilliant.

Thanks for you reply bestspecials. We will surely look into that.

Same, same but different?

https://www.maseslighting.com.au/led-ba ... -lighting/

https://www.bestbuylighting.com.au/led/led-batten.html

Thanks for the lights. Any suggestion on fan heat light 3in1??
We got our 3 in 1 lights from Clipsal. The ones with 2 heat lamps as the ones with 4 would have been overkill.
Hi All,

Is it normal to have darker colour above garage panel just because they painting on top of board instead of bricks? We went and saw ours today and it looks totally a different colour not garage door colour nor our rendering colour.
Can anyone plz post pictures of your front of house.
Thanks
What I meant was the colour above garage panel is different to that of garage door or front rendering. Is that how it is for others as well???
MrsAJ
What I meant was the colour above garage panel is different to that of garage door or front rendering. Is that how it is for others as well???

Yes we were disappointed to find this also, it's the same colour that is used about the windows if you don't get the brick above windows option, which we wish we had done. We have a white garage door and cream brick and cream paint above the garage door.
Hudson House
MrsAJ

Yes we were disappointed to find this also, it's the same colour that is used about the windows if you don't get the brick above windows option, which we wish we had done. We have a white garage door and cream brick and cream paint above the garage door.

We have bricks above all windows and stacked but they told it cant be done above garage door. But they said they will match with the render colour. 😑
What they did was not matching just applied same render colour on cream board n it looks greyish now
Please Help!!!!

Our stacker door frames are slightly slanting and it's so obvious that I can notice everytime I go to look at our house. They say that they will make sure the stacker door closes and not trying to rectify the frame itself.

Did anyone else had similar issue? Plz help.
StephLee
Dylandbrooke
StephLee
Help with internal sizing! Our WIR is suppose to be 3500mm long (we specified this to suit IKEA pax)..

I have just measured and it is 2cm smaller from wall to wall.. will they do anything about this??? πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Omg steph, so i read your question... and i sent my hubby out today to measure our WIR (Which is supposed to be 400cm) and hes measured 395cm!!! I have already bought all my ikea wardrobes to fit 4m
not happy!!!!

OMG NOOOOO, we told our site supervisor and he said he’s going to try and shave the plasterboard down to make it correct. I didn’t even think to check it earlier it was just by chance I checked. I hope he can fix it or I’ll taken it further. We totally have not bought our wardrobes yet though
what are you going to do?

Hi,
We are designing our Ikea pax and I m sorry I cant understand the issue here. Can someone explain please.
Thanks
Caydenn
Is Coral Homes required to change all locks for handover? Worried about how many people have keys to our home and making sure we are the only ones with keys.

Hi just saw your post and not sure if U ever found out. Basicly at handover once your keys (which is the master key) enter the locks barrel and drops a pin out or pushes a pin up and the barrel that way and previous keys used by the builder or tradies no longer work.

We built with metricon last time and looking into building with coral homes, hope your build went well
Hi All,

What are the things needs to be considered while putting driveway.

Is sealant required??
Should we put driveway till the leftmost end or just leave it for grass space?

Anything else we need to thing off??
Anyone to guide me please on the driveway???!!!

On that note we just came to know landscaping is very very expensive and some people dont want to take a project less than $15000 πŸ™πŸ™ŠπŸ™‰

Did you have similar experience with landscaping?
MrsAJ
Hi All,

Is sealant required??

Depending on the finish you get on your driveway, there will be maintenance. Generally, if it is painted finish it should get a sealant over it to protect it. The sealant is done after the paint finish has dried. Do not drive over it for a week. It needs to cure My neighbours drove over it within a few days and the tyres left patches where the sealant and paint came up. We have aggregate. Once that dried it was sealed. We could not drive on it for a week. We were told to give it a light spray with stuff after 6 months then another coat of seal after 12 months. It was quite easy.
With both finished though it is suggested that a reseal (you can buy a kit and is rolled on with a roller) is redone every two years.

Make sure the driveway reaches the side of the house and not just garage width.
MrsAJ
Anyone to guide me please on the driveway???!!!

On that note we just came to know landscaping is very very expensive and some people dont want to take a project less than $15000 πŸ™πŸ™ŠπŸ™‰

Did you have similar experience with landscaping?

Unless you have to get it done, hold off. You can just put grass down and some edging until you can figure out what you want and save up. Yes, landscaping is quite expensive and landscapers do charge a premium. Depending if it is for ALL the property front back and sides, that doesn't seem too bad. Good quality turf is quite expensive.
Corallake
MrsAJ
Hi All,

Is sealant required??

Depending on the finish you get on your driveway, there will be maintenance. Generally, if it is painted finish it should get a sealant over it to protect it. The sealant is done after the paint finish has dried. Do not drive over it for a week. It needs to cure My neighbours drove over it within a few days and the tyres left patches where the sealant and paint came up. We have aggregate. Once that dried it was sealed. We could not drive on it for a week. We were told to give it a light spray with stuff after 6 months then another coat of seal after 12 months. It was quite easy.
With both finished though it is suggested that a reseal (you can buy a kit and is rolled on with a roller) is redone every two years.

Thank you so much for your reply Corallake
It's very helpful and we will note it down. We are planning to do exposed aggregate. We have this drain kind of thing on pathway to the left of our driveway and the person said it is better to skip that else if they damage while doing driveway we will have to pay for it.
MrsAJ
Corallake
MrsAJ
Hi All,

Is sealant required??

Thank you so much for your reply Corallake
It's very helpful and we will note it down. We are planning to do exposed aggregate. We have this drain kind of thing on pathway to the left of our driveway and the person said it is better to skip that else if they damage while doing driveway we will have to pay for it.

We have two right in the middle of the driveway one at the top one at the bottom our driveway is about 22 metres. It didn't bother our concreter. He just made sure the pipes were all good.
Corallake
Can you please post the picture of your driveway? How much roughly did it cost for exposed aggregate?
If you go here:
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82234&start=860

It should take you to page 44 on my site on Homeone. Our driveway was about 125sqm and cost $20K.
Corallake
If you go here:
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82234&start=860

It should take you to page 44 on my site on Homeone. Our driveway was about 125sqm and cost $20K.

Thank you so much. I will surely have a look.
Can anyone please post their ebony colour front door. Ours is no way closer to ebony that we chose.

Thanks in Advance.
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum