Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Laguna 40 Kingston Sydney Northern Beaches

Page 58 of 66
Orpheus
I don't know how they can ordered or installed the wrong handles? It's not that complicated

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645

Yep there are two different sizes on the vertical ones. I have to go back and highlight which ones are wrong.

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665
Wow, that is frustrating about the door handles.

On the plus side, you must be excited if PCI is in 3 weeks!

If he's leaving in 2 weeks, did he say who's taking over?

Make sure you get all agreed fixes in writing cause once the SM is gone .....

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M
Blog - North Shore Newhaven (http://nsnewhaven.blogspot.com.au)
Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85092
nomnomnom
Wow, that is frustrating about the door handles.

On the plus side, you must be excited if PCI is in 3 weeks!

If he's leaving in 2 weeks, did he say who's taking over?

Make sure you get all agreed fixes in writing cause once the SM is gone .....

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M
Blog - North Shore Newhaven (http://nsnewhaven.blogspot.com.au)
Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85092

No idea who is taking over, he doesn't control that and he hasn't been told who is taking over.

Agree I always put stuff in an email so that way everything is recorded.

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665
Quick update but will get more pictures on the weekend. Not a lot of big stuff has happened. They have started painting around the windows, gyprocked the portico ceiling, skirting all done, kitchen handles fixed, glass balustrade on the balcony. Biggest thing to happen is my new SM called me today and we are meeting up on Wednesday to do a detailed walk through so he can catch up on all the issues and work to get them fixed quickly. Seems a lot friendlier and a lot more understanding. Hope things move quickly but all the rain is slowing them down a bit. I went past this afternoon and the carpenter was waiting for me, it was a shame no one told me he wanted me there. So the towel racks and bits and pieces need to be decided on where they are going so have to plan that quickly. The door under the stairs were hinged the wrong way and another handle was wrong but new one is ordered.

Neville S
Quick update but will get more pictures on the weekend. Not a lot of big stuff has happened. They have started painting around the windows, gyprocked the portico ceiling, skirting all done, kitchen handles fixed, glass balustrade on the balcony. Biggest thing to happen is my new SM called me today and we are meeting up on Wednesday to do a detailed walk through so he can catch up on all the issues and work to get them fixed quickly. Seems a lot friendlier and a lot more understanding. Hope things move quickly but all the rain is slowing them down a bit. I went past this afternoon and the carpenter was waiting for me, it was a shame no one told me he wanted me there. So the towel racks and bits and pieces need to be decided on where they are going so have to plan that quickly. The door under the stairs were hinged the wrong way and another handle was wrong but new one is ordered.

Good need on the new SM!
A good SM make such a difference. Looking forward to seeing some pictures Nev!

Build thread: http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=78995
Was able to get onsite today quickly as the carpenter need to know where we want the towel racks and hooks
So took some quick pics

Balcony is a bit shorter than I expected

Neville S
Was able to get onsite today quickly as the carpenter need to know where we want the towel racks and hooks
So took some quick pics

Balcony is a bit shorter than I expected

Love those cupboards and the balcony balustrades!

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
Love it Nev

Looking good Nev. You got much left to go?

VMGlendale37

I would love to say no. They are painting at the moment, electrical fit out, carpet, fittings but the biggest issue is that I have a list of 34 things that are not right. Some are big some are small. I am meeting my new SM tomorrow and possibly the area manager also.

My Journey
H1 thread | http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665
Neville S
VMGlendale37

I would love to say no. They are painting at the moment, electrical fit out, carpet, fittings but the biggest issue is that I have a list of 34 things that are not right. Some are big some are small. I am meeting my new SM tomorrow and possibly the area manager also.

My Journey
H1 thread | http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665

Yesterday we were given a PCI date of April 24th. This is also the date for when our electrical pole and aircon go in and we won't have any flooring! Safe to say we have pushed back and want everything finished first! Yet to hear back...

We also have a list of 30+ things that need fixing / clarification / redoing altogether.

On top of, painting, wardrobes, electrical fit out, internal doors to be hung, and so many other things... I just can't see how they will get it done!

Good luck with your meeting tomorrow!

Hey NevilleS
Hope it went well with your SS. Can't believe how they are dragging things out on your build. Lovely house though...hope they can pull it together for you.
Corallake
Hey NevilleS
Hope it went well with your SS. Can't believe how they are dragging things out on your build. Lovely house though...hope they can pull it together for you.

Yep meet the new SM he seems really good and a lot more open. Right now they are forecasting 175 days over due at handover. We went through my list of things that are incorrect and he also highlighted some more that are not 100%. Plan for the short term is painters finishing this Tuesday electric fit out and baths.

Balcony glass balustrade to be replaced as it is too short

Some painting done

Hopefully you'll be compensated for the delays Neville S. Cant imagine how the builder got the balustrade hight wrong, let alone install the same when they place it in the balcony

Good to hear your new SM is more responsive. Hope they compensate you properly for the 175 days!

Your place is looking awesome!

Nev, when did your build start?

Demolished in Jan 2016 and handed site to M. May they started work on the site and Piering was in July

Neville S
Demolished in Jan 2016 and handed site to M. May they started work on the site and Piering was in July

Wow what did they do between Jan and May??? Crazy!

VMGlendale37
Neville S

Wow what did they do between Jan and May??? Crazy!

Prob swam in Nev's new pool!

Nev, liquidated damages is counted up until PCI so best to ensure everything is installed/rectified before getting PCI. If we knew this was the case then we would of delayed PCI until the house is 99% complete. Also, M will need to pay you extra....

Related
30/05/2024
Roof Colour - Northern Beaches Council

Building A New House

We had a DA approved last year and here is the condition that was imposed by Northern Beaches council:

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum