Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boutique Homes

Page 58 of 172
Thats awesome. Haha our rug is from nick scali too itd beautiful i love it. We got to arm chairs from plush that i just love. Furniture shopping is the best. I just sold half the cushions i bought i went overboard lol.

No idea our ss calling them today so see what happens
Here is a photo of the rug we are getting.

I am in shopping heaven too. Just brought a steam cleaner for the floor tiles lol
Ohhh nice. I was gona get one of those but our floors arent fans of them they said
Hi,

My wife and I are about to build our first home (in Ocean Grove) and we are thinking of going with Boutique - a 3BR Barcelona 26. I sense that the majority on this forum have been pleased with their Boutique home.

We have engaged the sales rep and are in the PWC phase. Just want to ask - at what stage did you or were you able to negotiate on the price (ie upgrades)? Was it during the PWC phase or just prior to the contract signing?
Hi markso1077..to be honest Boutique never negotiated on price with us. It is what it is. If they have special deals great but if not thats it. Good luck with your build.
markso1077
Hi,

My wife and I are about to build our first home (in Ocean Grove) and we are thinking of going with Boutique - a 3BR Barcelona 26. I sense that the majority on this forum have been pleased with their Boutique home.

We have engaged the sales rep and are in the PWC phase. Just want to ask - at what stage did you or were you able to negotiate on the price (ie upgrades)? Was it during the PWC phase or just prior to the contract signing?

I experienced pretty much as Shellzmac said - no negotiations.

That being said, some here have had some success, although I'd say your best bet is going to be before signing anything and putting your initial deposit down, as - after that point you are starting to get locked in and your ability to negotiate is reduced. Also, make sure you get everything in writing (email is fine) I experienced a lot of promises over the phone that were unable to be followed up on as I forgot to get it in writing. Even sending them an e-mail afterward highlighting was was discussed over the phone may be enough. (Note, this isn't a critique of Boutique, it's just a part of the process that things will get forgotten over the 6+ months that it takes between initial talks and finalising things)

Good luck!
I personally find it hard to negotiate down a price with them. The best i could do was to give me a $500 credit for colours inclusions.
Thanks all for your comments. Seems like we won't have much wiggle room by the sounds of things. They have provided an estimate of site costs so hopefully the actuals will come in under and we might have some wiggle room. Kind of doubt it though.
Hey marks try something with facade upgrade or so ... But all before signing off the pwc

On the note of this I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK WHO EVER GOT THE KEYS....
We are about finish everything and our SS advised the final inspection is on 22 nd may and keys handover on 4 th june. I was having few doubts with the procedure...
1. IS THE SIGNOFF AND KEYS HANDOVER CAN BE DONE ON SAME DAY???
2. HOW MUCH TIME WILL IT ACTUALLY TAKE AND IS IT COMPULSORY FOR US TO GET A INSURANCE BEFORE HAND ( for boutique homes)
3. Where we het the keys ??? At our place or at boutique head office

Hope PETAJ OR SHEllzmac or whoever got the keys can walk me through the procedure....

Thanks in adv though

Hi ashoka, up to your supervisor he can being the paperwork to your final inspection and give you keys however u mudt have hime insurance done as your bank requires a copy before they will let you have handover. We went into boutique to sign forms and get keys. The bank will do an inspection of your home before handover so they are satisfied your loan for the house is basically worth it.
Excuse my spelling lol
Everything can be done in one day all depends if u are organised and have your home insurance done and send your liason the policy details.
So once i fixup with insurance when is the right time to inform bank as the inspection is on 22 or 25 and SS said keys handover on 4 so in between i can inform bank i guess

Just ring the bank once u have got the policy and let them know ur date of final inspection and they will send someone out to check house. All they do is just make sure u have walls and rpof up..very quick...they dont need to have a walk through house. Nice and easy
How exciting you must be pumped..such a great feeling knowing its coming to the end
Ashoka all what shellzmac said... we first got the home and contense then called the bank to do the walk through then when they were happy with it we then booked appt with boutique in at there office.. signed off picked up keys and it was done. . It all happened quite fast. Yay too it all happening for you. Your gona be so damn happy. We love our home they have done a great job.
Ps we are pleased to say that boutique are replacing our damaged floor boards this Saturday yay!!!
Great to hear that Petaj...
Yeah cant wait to c the home with the keys in our hands...
Wifey is tooo exicted and giving me hard time now
lol
Thanks for the walkthrough shellzmac and petaj... Will update you guys with pics once moved in

Haha i bet shes dying to get in there!!! Ok perfect. Look forward to a update of pics haven't seen any on here for a while
Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum