Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

McDonald Jones Homes - The new thread

Page 58 of 723
That is interesting Em.Russ. So it looks like it is included in the Celebrations upgrade but not the Impressions.
Has anyone paid the extra for the Aquarius kitchen set up. It is really hard to work out wat is included in this.
Kopite, what will you do behind the range hood? Will you leave it as painted? Once a big range hood fills the space you probably won't even notice it. Maybe you could paint it in a colour which will blend in even more with the glass.
we got the impression package as welll... they say the celebrations package is for stuart houses... what's the difference? lols...

KTKTKT
That is interesting Em.Russ. So it looks like it is included in the Celebrations upgrade but not the Impressions.
Has anyone paid the extra for the Aquarius kitchen set up. It is really hard to work out wat is included in this.
Kopite, what will you do behind the range hood? Will you leave it as painted? Once a big range hood fills the space you probably won't even notice it. Maybe you could paint it in a colour which will blend in even more with the glass.
i think the aquarius kitchen is drawers down the bottom and the top cupboards open upwards. we only upgraded the bottom cupboards to drawers at $390 per bank of drawers (we got 4 banks).

KT i like the garden retreat btw, have you decided to go with it?
Hi Em.Russ, yes we are waiting on a quote for the GR and hopefully it will fit on our block without too many expensive extra site works AND let us enjoy our garden. They are building a display one at Kellyville so hopefully we will be able to see that soon. Both my husband and I are REALLY bad at picturing how a house will look from a plan. We have been really keen on designs and then visited them and found they were not right for us at all and then the Milano we love so much, we didn't even consider until we saw the display.
I think i would rather have 4 banks of drawers like you than the glass splashback for about the same money. I have drwers everywhere now and would find it very difficult to go back to cupboards.
Kt
Em.Russ
We were going to upgrade the splashback behind the rangehood at our colour appointment but it was included in the celebrations package

I contacted our CLO today and as usual she was all over it and back with an answer as quick as a flash, good on ya Suzz!. In the CELEBRATIONS package it is standard however in the IMPRESSIONS package it is as it is shown in the picture above with the options to upgrade to full height or upgrade to PP Tiles.

On other topics our bricks arrived today and are expected to start laying early next week!
Congratulations!! Bricks. That's great.
considering it wasnt standard with the impressions package; we chose not to go with the glass splashback, thought it was a tad too much to upgrade. We chose a 600x300 glass tile in the same colour we wanted and they would tile all the way up and including the side walls as standard...

our family are in the kitchen business, so if we want to change it later, it'll be peanuts..
just want to ask, is the oven included in your package is electric not gas? if there is such thing as gas oven...???
gas cook top, elec oven.
http://www.omegaappliances.com.au/Produ ... 901XA.aspx
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to us. We received a quote with the subtotals for the house and for the land, and the total. Apparently they didn't add it up correctly, as we found out when we got the contract. The solicitor had picked up that the grand total was actually $5k short.

So I went back and asked if we could meet halfway, or if they could throw in something. So that we don't feel like we're bearing the brunt of their mistake. I would have accepted just about anything. Got the answer back - flat out no. They have offered to refund our $3k deposit though.

Really don't know what to do now - I really wanted that house. No other houses seem to fit the bill for us. But if we accept our deposit back, we'll never build with them, no matter what.

Has anyone else found that they've made a mistake and offered something in lieu? I know the package that we got was good (5% deposit and nothing to pay until handover), but it was their mistake. I wish I'd picked it up before - might have saved us all this heartache!
We had an issue with our Dmanai oven & the inner glass shattering. McDonald Jones have been very helpful today & we now have a brand new oven... a massive big thankyou to McDonald Jones & Matthew from Think appliances. The customer service we have received today, makes me glad we went with McDonald Jones... Thank you
georgiegirl
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to us. We received a quote with the subtotals for the house and for the land, and the total. Apparently they didn't add it up correctly, as we found out when we got the contract. The solicitor had picked up that the grand total was actually $5k short.

So I went back and asked if we could meet halfway, or if they could throw in something. So that we don't feel like we're bearing the brunt of their mistake. I would have accepted just about anything. Got the answer back - flat out no. They have offered to refund our $3k deposit though.

Really don't know what to do now - I really wanted that house. No other houses seem to fit the bill for us. But if we accept our deposit back, we'll never build with them, no matter what.

Has anyone else found that they've made a mistake and offered something in lieu? I know the package that we got was good (5% deposit and nothing to pay until handover), but it was their mistake. I wish I'd picked it up before - might have saved us all this heartache!

I know that we had a techincal issue earlier in the process and they were very clear that they would not give anything away or discount.

In the scheme of things if it is really the house you want on the good terms (only 5% down) then go for it.

I am around $45k over where I thought I was going to be and although its higher then what I planned im still smiling. I also have to make progress payemts all the way through unlike the 5% down until handover.

Cheers
Have removed my post as someone pointed out to me I could be done for defamation.

Suffice it to say we were not happy to build with someone who would not negotiate when they made a mistake.
Hi All, How are ya Hussibug..!! Hope your construction work has progressed further.

I know I am out of the picture for long time.. basicaly we have finished all the paperwork and construction should commence soon.. i know its a long time to get all that done.. but no worries..!! will be posting the progress once it all starts. We may go out and have another look at your house Hussibug.. if you don't mind..!!
5% Deposit and nothing else to pay, as in no progress payments?? that’s a cracker of a deal IMO... at least you will not have to pay your lender interest only payments during the construction of your home... very surprised that this deal could even exist!
kopite1892
5% Deposit and nothing else to pay, as in no progress payments?? that’s a cracker of a deal IMO... at least you will not have to pay your lender interest only payments during the construction of your home... very surprised that this deal could even exist!

That's right, 5% and that's it until changeover. However they raised the price $15k in order to do this - so not all that much better off, but it would save on the admin side.

Never mind, something else will come along. Or not.
Hi my husband and I have been watching this thread closely and have already learned some invaluable information, thanks to everyone for that.
We are building the Milano 4 at Stonecutters, so excited can't wait to get started have already recieved the colour pack which my 9 year old has renamed the divorce book haha. And have a walk through appoinment on 6th October. Anyway cant wait to start sharing our experience with you all.
milano4
Hi my husband and I have been watching this thread closely and have already learned some invaluable information, thanks to everyone for that.
We are building the Milano 4 at Stonecutters, so excited can't wait to get started have already recieved the colour pack which my 9 year old has renamed the divorce book haha. And have a walk through appoinment on 6th October. Anyway cant wait to start sharing our experience with you all.

Hi!

Were up to about the same stage, we got our colour pack last week and a walk through is booked on the 18th. Have you decided on many colours yet or are waiting for yr appt? We've found it a bit overwhelming! Too many choices!
Wow I am really disappointed for you..
Hi Pinnacle2!

You must be getting very excited now being so close to starting. We are almost at the finish line. The Tilers will be finished today. All the painting inside and out is done. Staircase is in. Kitchen is finished except for glass splashback which is being made at the moment. Showerscreens should be going in very shortly and the little bits and pieces of course to finish. We were told almost 5 weeks ago that it would be 8 weeks til completion (at the max) but I am not really confident that we will be moving in just over 3 weeks. Hopefully we will be in before the end of October!
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum