Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 566 of 579
I can’t seem to find the answer to this question anywhere (and Coral admin take forever to get back to you). Has anyone looked at swapping sliding windows to double hung? Are they a similar price of is there a big difference?

Thanks in advance
MissLMB
I can’t seem to find the answer to this question anywhere (and Coral admin take forever to get back to you). Has anyone looked at swapping sliding windows to double hung? Are they a similar price of is there a big difference?

Thanks in advance

We went the other way and made all our windows sliders. Bedroom windows saved $77 coming from awning. Likely double-hung will be more expensive, so maybe expect $120/avg increase per window. We did this at the tender stage.
We have our PCI walk through next week and we were going to get a third party inspector to come with us and inspect the property and write their report. However, we are concerned that this delay handover and we have the driveway, landscaping and fencing booked for completion prior to Xmas. We are confident we have rectified majority of the errors throughout the build (there were a few) so we don't think there will be a lot to fix before handover.

Looking for some advice from people who have had the third party inspections and if anything out of ordinary was picked up? Or if we should be looking for anything in particular?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Emily
Emily_2477
We have our PCI walk through next week and we were going to get a third party inspector to come with us and inspect the property and write their report. However, we are concerned that this delay handover and we have the driveway, landscaping and fencing booked for completion prior to Xmas. We are confident we have rectified majority of the errors throughout the build (there were a few) so we don't think there will be a lot to fix before handover.

Looking for some advice from people who have had the third party inspections and if anything out of ordinary was picked up? Or if we should be looking for anything in particular?

Emily

z
Anyone know what the warranty is on electrical fittings? Would have thought it was unusual for LED downlights to die so soon. Any idea how to have lights replaced under warranty? Thanks guys

MrsJM
Anyone know what the warranty is on electrical fittings? Would have thought it was unusual for LED downlights to die so soon. Any idea how to have lights replaced under warranty? Thanks guys

2-3yrs pending make and model. Best to get intouch with coral to advise who the electrician was that did your house.

Very unusual to loose multiple downlights if less than a yr or 2 old.

Hth

Whitey22
MrsJM

2-3yrs pending make and model. Best to get intouch with coral to advise who the electrician was that did your house.

Hth

z
MrsJM
Whitey22
MrsJM

Hth

Nothing surprises me anymore with my house hahaha. If the bloody roof caved in I don’t even think I’d be surprised. Thanks for the info. So exhausted- I knew it would be in the handover pack somewhere but knew the brains trust would be onto it! Thanks heaps

No probs out of curiosity how many have failed ?

MrsJM
Whitey22
MrsJM

Hth

Nothing surprises me anymore with my house hahaha. If the bloody roof caved in I don’t even think I’d be surprised. Thanks for the info. So exhausted- I knew it would be in the handover pack somewhere but knew the brains trust would be onto it! Thanks heaps

Whitey22
MrsJM
Whitey22
[quote="MrsJM"]Anyone know what the warranty is on electrical fittings? Would have thought it was unusual for LED downlights to die so soon. Any idea how to have lights replaced under warranty? Thanks guys

Hth

[/quote]

Two so far. I don’t want to buy Clipsal again but I’m hoping there isn’t too much of a colour difference with beacon

MrsJM

Hey ya,

I just finished my clipsal appointment and I was told the downlights have three years warranty on them. She said they should last between 10 to 15 years on average as well.
We are having our driveway completed next week, I’ve asked for an idea of how long it will be after to completion but haven’t had a reply yet, so how long was everyone’s build after driveway? Thank you
We has delays with getting someone to pour our driveway so we actually had handover the afternoon that our driveway was poured.

Hi guys
We are building the Longreach 33 with some changes. We have had all of our appointments only electrical to go.
Council approved we are just waiting to sell our home so we can start.
Has anyone gone over their contract?

MrsJM
Emily_2477

Emily

I would absolutely recommend an inspector. I’m two year post hanDover and still fighting with them on rectifying issues. Our house was never cleaned prior to handover and we did PCI the day before handover. Because everything was filthy when inspected, we couldn’t see scratches in benches and cupboards. Also, we were rushed by the supervisor (had to drive 2 hours to go and shell out for a door lock and handle as coral lost ours!) and he did tell us we could send through a list when we had the chance to go over everything properly... nightmare. It is definitely worth the money.

Thank you!!! The inspector is booked and going through on Thursday morning ready for PCI on Friday afternoon!! Cheers
Wow. So an FYI regarding Clipsal Warranty process...

Downlight has died... had to lodge a claim with Clipsal which is going to take them 1-2 weeks to assess then they book in an electrician to come out, inspect and replace the downlight! If we move it from it’s location ourselves we void the warranty.

It’s an ordinary bloody light switch that just plugs into the ceiling!!

So a whole day off work and weeks and weeks to wait to have one light globe changed.

Not worth it.

MrsJM
Wow. So an FYI regarding Clipsal Warranty process...

Downlight has died... had to lodge a claim with Clipsal which is going to take them 1-2 weeks to assess then they book in an electrician to come out, inspect and replace the downlight! If we move it from it’s location ourselves we void the warranty.

It’s an ordinary bloody light switch that just plugs into the ceiling!!

So a whole day off work and weeks and weeks to wait to have one light globe changed.

Not worth it.

If anybody doing downlights with builders for $100++ could look at these philips downlights. I know you will need downlight+bridge ($69+35+installation) , but you get from cool white to warm in a single light.

But you get a bit more piece of mind and more modern solution there...
z
MrsJM
Think of us tomorrow when Sydney cops the worst storm in 40 years..... look at the state of my non-weather proof house! Thanks Coral. Another quality build.

The nightmare continues... I really do hope it doesn't affect you but it is going to be a test alright!
Hi, has anyone done a raised platform in the theatre room for the back seats? If so what was the cost?

Thanks
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum