Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 564 of 579
Hey

I haven't gone through colour selection yet but got some quotes locally. 3 separate quotes. 2 provided same system and size for $1k cheaper. They also provided an extra zone and extra outlet.

Question then will be is it worth the $1k saving? I've been advised not to skimp on that 1k as they need to access the ceiling and install the ducted unit there. Doing it after hand over can be a hassle
MrsAJ
We finished our clipsal appointment. Can anyone confirm do we have to pay again for sparky for owner supplied Led downlights or fans or anything??
Clipsal already charged us $89 I think but somewhat that price need to check papers.

If you included all the owner-supplied lights in the Clipsal appointment, then you don't pay any more. They charge per light/ fan. We had 4 owner supplied lights, so Clipsal charged us for each one.
If you decide to add extra ones after your appointment, then you will pay the Electrician direct.
bestspecials
MrsAJ
We finished our clipsal appointment. Can anyone confirm do we have to pay again for sparky for owner supplied Led downlights or fans or anything??
Clipsal already charged us $89 I think but somewhat that price need to check papers.

If you included all the owner-supplied lights in the Clipsal appointment, then you don't pay any more. They charge per light/ fan. We had 4 owner supplied lights, so Clipsal charged us for each one.
If you decide to add extra ones after your appointment, then you will pay the Electrician direct.

Thanks. That's so nice to hear. The form that we signed mentioned we need to pay extra so was confused.
We are supplying all the lights inside and outdoor and they are just installing as we weren't sure how much sparky wld charge or will he even do it 🤷‍♀️
Hi, we have just been contacted by both National and Beumont for our tile appointments. Are we able to do both and then decide which one we go with after based on the range and prices? Thanks
MissLMB
Hi, we have just been contacted by both National and Beumont for our tile appointments. Are we able to do both and then decide which one we go with after based on the range and prices? Thanks

You sure can
that's what we did a few days ago. National tiles came to $1200 and Beaumont $493 so we went with Beaumont. We had a nicer floor tile for our bathroom and ensuit with National tiles but couldn't justify the extra $700 for it. Hope this helps
Kevinmarques89
MissLMB

You sure can
that's what we did a few days ago. National tiles came to $1200 and Beaumont $493 so we went with Beaumont. We had a nicer floor tile for our bathroom and ensuit with National tiles but couldn't justify the extra $700 for it. Hope this helps

Thank you! I will be trying not to get toooo carried away because I know how easy it can be!
DarrenMonash
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Has anyone gone with the daikin ducted air con from coral homes as part of their build?

Any issues after the build or regrets like finding out you could have got a better deal elsewhere?

Any feedback would be really helpful.

thanks

z
katsudon98
Hi s-X-S,

My initial plan was to do nothing or bare mininum with clipsal and do everything with sparky onsite with cash and post hand over for lights.

My only worry is that the sparky onsite might quote the same cost as clipsal or higher because they know I cant go back to clipsal and request a variation without a fee.

What was your experience with sparky onsite doing cash jobs?

My guy is a brother my friend - so we know each other. He quoted $48/downlight with 5 year warranty was last year. He will be doing it next year as build only starting. I don't expect a big hike anyway.. Coral's offer was about $100 each. My calculation is around 40-45 (50 if outdoor included) needed for our home, if done properly. So I'm hoping to do it within $3k rather $5k using coral. You need to talk to one as they all quote different prices and if you know somebody that's a bonus. I don't think sparkies quote same price as builders (builder's add prices on top of Clipsal's share)...
MrsAJ

So you mean you already asked Clipsal to do ur donwlights? And you are supplying the LEDs and they charged $89 each without LEDs? why would you do that?
DarrenMonash
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Has anyone gone with the daikin ducted air con from coral homes as part of their build?

Any issues after the build or regrets like finding out you could have got a better deal elsewhere?

thanks

We took that promo as well... But after some research I decided to add myair ($1997) as Daikin's not that energy efficient like Actronair and needs the main zone running always for other zones to work. So this price probably the extra bill you likely to pay in may be 2 year time without it (just a wild guess). my air will give u more zones - individual zone control without main zone working, airflow and temperature controls and option to do it all via app in ur phones (ios and android - provided all work as advertised.
s-X-s
MrsAJ

So you mean you already asked Clipsal to do ur donwlights? And you are supplying the LEDs and they charged $89 each without LEDs? why would you do that?

Clipsal will install the lights which we provide them. We weren't sure whether sparky will do and post handover will b a hassle. Yes to install alone was still expensive.
Hi all,

after reading and sucking everyones experience and tips, i have created a new thread with my build thus far.

Please see link if interested:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=93689&p=1829135&hilit=coral+homes#p1829135
s-X-s
DarrenMonash
Good Afternoon Everyone,

thanks

We took that promo as well... But after some research I decided to add myair ($1997) as Daikin's not that energy efficient like Actronair and needs the main zone running always for other zones to work. So this price probably the extra bill you likely to pay in may be 2 year time without it (just a wild guess). my air will give u more zones - individual zone control without main zone working, airflow and temperature controls and option to do it all via app in ur phones (ios and android - provided all work as advertised.

Thank you.

That is excellent advice to get. The sales consultant doesn't talk about the upgrades and the benefits so you can compare it to the market.
We have a 20kw 3-phase Inverter Daikin unit with 8 seperate zones. Each zone can be used independently from the other. We are waiting for the new Sky-fi controller so we can all access it via our phones. On these hot days we have it on 23-24 C on low and it's great.
However we did not get it through Coral and they were fine with it. They did to the cavity work and then the AC company came and put the unit in. We saved a fair bit. Not sure if they still allow this. We have been in our home for nearly one year.
Corallake
We have a 20kw 3-phase Inverter Daikin unit with 8 seperate zones. Each zone can be used independently from the other. We are waiting for the new Sky-fi controller so we can all access it via our phones. On these hot days we have it on 23-24 C on low and it's great.
However we did not get it through Coral and they were fine with it. They did to the cavity work and then the AC company came and put the unit in. We saved a fair bit. Not sure if they still allow this. We have been in our home for nearly one year.

I found a company that could do the whole thing for the same price but with more zones and better air con unit. I think I am going to remove it before we get to our clipsal appointment.

Which company did you use and what else did coral do besides put in the three phase power for the air con unit?
Kevinmarques89
MissLMB

You sure can

Lucky you.

When they were booking us for our colors they said we had to make a choice and inform them as soon as possible.

We went with national tiles because of their amazing service we got when we were browsing ages ago but never got a chance to compare prices.
DarrenMonash
Corallake

I found a company that could do the whole thing for the same price but with more zones and better air con unit. I think I am going to remove it before we get to our clipsal appointment.

Which company did you use and what else did coral do besides put in the three phase power for the air con unit?

We used a Newcastle company, Coolrite. Coral did the 3-phase from street to meter-box and the ac electricians from Coolrite connected power from meter-box to the unit. Coral did the air-conditioning voids/ducts and Coolrite put in all the a/c insulated flexi-ducts throughout.
They made it work and saved us $6000.
Corallake
DarrenMonash
Corallake

We used a Newcastle company, Coolrite. Coral did the 3-phase from street to meter-box and the ac electricians from Coolrite connected power from meter-box to the unit. Coral did the air-conditioning voids/ducts and Coolrite put in all the a/c insulated flexi-ducts throughout.
They made it work and saved us $6000.

Who do you talk to do ONLY voids and ducts from coral?

That is a massive saving and can only be achieved with outside the box thinking.
Hey DarrenMonash
We did this early in the piece at the sales office (in Thornton) so they included it in the plans. There was some documentation that was requested by Coral.
Again, not sure if they still allow this.
Hi Everyone

First of all thank you so much everyone for helping us through this stressful step of "selections" which was suppose to be happy and fun but not when it comes to all related to $$$$.

Finally we completed all our appointments and waiting for few quotes. Anyone interested in our selections below is our forum link and we are all ears to take any suggestions as it's not too late to make changes.

Here is our forum link - https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=93445https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=93445&p=1829186#p1829186
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum