Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 557 of 579
watto82
How did everyone go about deducting items charged on the contract that either didn't end up needing to be done, or an allowance for expenses that they may not have used all of?

We are requesting a refund of the $2500 listed for the front side retaining wall, which was a just in case sort of addition that Coral forced in, pending site supervisor decision when they got to construction phase. It didn't need to be done so shouldn't be an issue to get that back.

We also had listed a few general allowances like removal of spoil, where we were charged $1200 but would like to know how much of that was used, and be refunded any unused money. Plus $3k for additonal building and water approval fees over standard, and $2.5k for on site management which includes fencing that was not utilised.

Did you request itemised breakdowns on all of these or accept them? We don't want to be nitpicky but if the money wasn't used we'd like it back.

We would be interested in knowing all this as well. We also got an allowance of 3k for building and water approval fees over standard and also 2.5k for on site management
mpricecs
Coral windows by A&L have an in-line reveal, meaning that the glass goes virtually all the way to the frame. When you mount roller blinds in the window you get a massive gap (20mm or so) between the edge of the blind and the frame. In any other window the gap is covered by the part of the windows frame.

What have others done to alleviate this problem, other than maybe mount the blinds on the outside of the architrave? For anyone with flyscreens fitted do they help close the gap?

Did you buy the blinds already made?
If you get them measured and made to fit will It alleviate the problem?
TCJ
mpricecs
Coral windows by A&L have an in-line reveal, meaning that the glass goes virtually all the way to the frame. When you mount roller blinds in the window you get a massive gap (20mm or so) between the edge of the blind and the frame. In any other window the gap is covered by the part of the windows frame.

What have others done to alleviate this problem, other than maybe mount the blinds on the outside of the architrave? For anyone with flyscreens fitted do they help close the gap?

Did you buy the blinds already made?
If you get them measured and made to fit will It alleviate the problem?

The picture is not our home but another Coral built locally.

We have since spoken with our blind supplier and he says if made properly should only have a gap no bigger than 15mm. Whilst still not ideal this is what we have chosen. Some sheer over the whole windows may help with the gap.

We have also ordered shutters for some windows and these will be face fitted. If they are recess fitted you will not be able to remove the window and thus the fly-screen to enable proper cleaning of the windows.
PCI tomorrow! EEEEEEEEEEEK!
brodav83

Enjoy it and don't stress too much.
brodav83

Good luck!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ’œ
BrownDog77
missbeanz
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering what is included when you pay for the NBN connection with Coral? Does this include the boxes installed onto the wall?

We’ve got a box on the wall in the garage but you will still need to pay the connection to nbn with whoever you choose as a provider around $300 in nsw though if it’s who yr current nbn /internet with it may be cheaper as ours was

Our NBN was installed today with a box in the garage and a box on the external wall.
Coral does all the groundwork to the footpath and wiring through the house.
Week 16 and finally the painter shows up today!! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
brodav83

How did it go??
AlstonvilleBuild
brodav83

How did it go??

Only minor issues, the stars have aligned and handover is on the 17th 🍻
brodav83
AlstonvilleBuild
brodav83

How did it go??

Congratulations!! When you say minor issues, have they just promised to fix by handover? We have ours on 30th and I'm worried I'll miss something! Be great if there was a checklist of things to look for
Any tips?
AlstonvilleBuild
Congratulations!! When you say minor issues, have they just promised to fix by handover? We have ours on 30th and I'm worried I'll miss something! Be great if there was a checklist of things to look for
Any tips?

Our SS is the best, he has a real eye for detail and picked up so much stuff we would have missed. Marks on walls, bad grouting, couple of rough tiles. Few marks on the bath trim. Making sure all doors are aligned and close and open properly

Remember you also have 30 days post handover
brodav83
AlstonvilleBuild
brodav83

How did it go??

Congrats brodsv83!! πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
AlstonvilleBuild
Any tips?

One thing I will mention is to check the doors carefully especially on the bottom of the door. They end up getting constantly taken on and off and can get damaged especially if they are hollow core.
brodav83
AlstonvilleBuild
Any tips?

One thing I will mention is to check the doors carefully especially on the bottom of the door. They end up getting constantly taken on and off and can get damaged especially if they are hollow core.

Thank you!
Z
MrsJM
Anyone has these grate drains installed in the bathroom? Are they supposed to be totally fixed in with no way to remove?? The centre tile and the grates have been siliconed in so no way of removing to unclog and they are blocked

You should be able to prise the grate insert out on an angle. This part isn't siliconed in.
MrsJM
Anyone has these grate drains installed in the bathroom? Are they supposed to be totally fixed in with no way to remove?? The centre tile and the grates have been siliconed in so no way of removing to unclog and they are blocked

Mine come off very easily, as you said, hair builds up and they have to be cleaner dumb care less tradesman.

Grate in my shower is 12 cms x 75cms and has a small cut out on end so its easily lifted out.

Joker
Grate in my shower is 12 cms x 75cms and has a small cut out on end so its easily lifted out.

unfortunately I’ve tried getting a screwdriver in and all to lever it out but they are jammed in

Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum