Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 551 of 579
TiredHalo
Thanks guys. We'll just have to ensure we're vigilant.

You will find through the thread that most of the problems seem to be coming from down south.
We are building lowset at Newport and has been great so far with only 4 weeks to go. All the tradies have done a wonderful job and I can't fault anything that I have seen and I have been there twice a week for the last 10 weeks.
What you need to find out is who your building site supervisor is and what their track record is like. Our sales consultant told us the name of site supervisor and told us that he was really good. Our site supervisor told us that he was in charge of the display homes at Newport, so we said that we expected ours to be the same. LOL!!
Z
MrsJM
TiredHalo

I built a double and half the issues during construction were caused by the incompetent draftsman and staff at head office stuffing our plans and variations. Every ss we had was rubbish and I’m currently 16 months post handover and in the hands of national level management and getting no where. They treat me like I’m a potential customer not someone who has outlaid money with a house full of defects. This is the issue- if u do have problems no one up the chain cares

I agree with mrs and coralake,
Tho we only built a single level house, had never ending problems with coral- from start to finish.... if u could call it finished- glad we ditched that dump!
Kizmo
MrsJM
TiredHalo

I built a double and half the issues during construction were caused by the incompetent draftsman and staff at head office stuffing our plans and variations. Every ss we had was rubbish and I’m currently 16 months post handover and in the hands of national level management and getting no where. They treat me like I’m a potential customer not someone who has outlaid money with a house full of defects. This is the issue- if u do have problems no one up the chain cares

Tho we only built a single level house, had never ending problems with coral- from start to finish.... if u could call it finished- glad we ditched that dump!

Or it will take you 16months to build like us not a fun experience
Kizmo
MrsJM
TiredHalo

Kizmo did you sell?
Omg finally we have handover this Friday! What a long draining unpleasant 16months. I still cant belive we are 6 and a bit month past contract and its taken 68 bl@@dy weeks to build our house!!! Im still unsure how I feel about the house at the moment not in terms of quality as we have made then fix everything im just not sure how I feel about the house in general will it be a bad reminder of all the stress and pain it’s caused us! I hope not but only time will tell!
Ryan2007
Omg finally we have handover this Friday! What a long draining unpleasant 16months. I still cant belive we are 6 and a bit month past contract and its taken 68 bl@@dy weeks to build our house!!! Im still unsure how I feel about the house at the moment not in terms of quality as we have made then fix everything im just not sure how I feel about the house in general will it be a bad reminder of all the stress and pain it’s caused us! I hope not but only time will tell!

It looks lovely. I am sure that all the bad memories will be just that once you are moved in and all the landscaping is completed. Enjoy and congratulations.
Corallake

Kizmo did you sell?[/quote]

Hey corallake,
Certainly did, we lasted about a year there, and it was horrible, the only stuff we were happy with that was done right is wot we put in, like flooring, driveway...... wish we hadn't moved in, it was a nightmare dealing with them even after handover- and one would think it would b easier hey!
How u doin ur way?
And to Ryan2007- I really hope u can put all the crap behind u- didn't work for us tho.
Wouldn't trust these guys to put lego together let alone build a house!!! I hope anyone considering building with them comes here first and gets to read all this.

I had numerous people from their company tell me how they don't need to advertise like other builders do because they get so much work from word of mouth.

shame they don't deliver anywhere near what I would consider "a quality home without the pricetag"

Z
Ryan2007

Oh congrats Ryan that’s the best news ever!!! So happy it’s finally come & don’t worry you will love it we do even with the bad memories & make sure yr CSO gets into yr liquidated damages ASAP
woohoo can’t wait to see move in pics

Congrats Ryan!! The bad dream is finally over you both!! 🎉🎉🎉 your hoiuse colours are 👌🏻
BrownDog77
Ryan2007

Oh congrats Ryan that’s the best news ever!!! So happy it’s finally come & don’t worry you will love it we do even with the bad memories & make sure yr CSO gets into yr liquidated damages ASAP

Thanks you I hope you guys are settling in well!
Our scaffolding came off today. I'm devastated. Has anyone else had issues with different brick batches?

Have they done the brick clean? It looks a little bit like they might have cleaned the top but that they need scaffolding for and not the bottom yet.

It's hats to tell in photos though.

BrownDog77
Ryan2007

Congrats!!! Took far too long but now you can ENJOY IT!!! Try and put the bad stuff behind you and move on. Life is too short
CG Scardycat
Have they done the brick clean? It looks a little bit like they might have cleaned the top but that they need scaffolding for and not the bottom yet.

Thanks, hubby thinks that might be the reason too, but my mind went straight to panic mode after reading a few experiences. I guess we will find out soon....
SKND10
CG Scardycat

Thanks, hubby thinks that might be the reason too, but my mind went straight to panic mode after reading a few experiences. I guess we will find out soon....

It could also be due to the fact that the bricks may have been sitting in the rain or exposed to the weather and absorbed extra moisture??? They take a while to dry plus they still have to be cleaned. We had areas like that and now you can't tell. Don't worry just yet. Fingers crossed that's all it is.
brodav83
BrownDog77
Ryan2007

Congrats!!! Took far too long but now you can ENJOY IT!!! Try and put the bad stuff behind you and move on. Life is too short

How did handover go?
Hey coral lake we are in everything at handover was fine we have done well practically all moved in and we did it at night we were that keen 😀
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum