Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Somerfield Estate Keysborough

Page 56 of 119
tbotbo
Has anyone received any updates from Somerfield for the 1J stage today?

No I haven't. Did you receive any update?
guagua77
tbotbo

havent heard or received any emails about 1J for awhile now, went pass over the weekend, it looks pretty much done.. i cant really see what else they would need to do actually.
tbotbo
guagua77
tbotbo

havent heard or received any emails about 1J for awhile now, went pass over the weekend, it looks pretty much done.. i cant really see what else they would need to do actually.

I called into the office late Friday and they told me it is still on track, titled mid November settlement by end November

I would have thought that we would have had some email or news on the progress.
Yeah i rang them last week. What happens now is they need the council creditation or something. that takes a few weeks as the council are the ones who take there time. and then titles will be released and settlement soon after! then we start building, and we start stressing and once it's finished we move in to an empty house then we start filling it with furniture and then once that is done we do our landscaping and everything else! out of breath just thinking about it...

good times!
REfL3ct
Yeah i rang them last week. What happens now is they need the council creditation or something. that takes a few weeks as the council are the ones who take there time. and then titles will be released and settlement soon after! then we start building, and we start stressing and once it's finished we move in to an empty house then we start filling it with furniture and then once that is done we do our landscaping and everything else! out of breath just thinking about it...

good times!

Cannot wait for the good times, we are renting at the moment, never had to rent before and hate it. Getting quite keen now as we are just ready to sign off on our house plans and they look great
Prisdenn
REfL3ct

good times!

Cannot wait for the good times, we are renting at the moment, never had to rent before and hate it. Getting quite keen now as we are just ready to sign off on our house plans and they look great

i cant wait to just start building as well, and hopefully finish by July 2011,
How long on average are usually build times?
tbotbo

about 4-6 months for a single storey me thinks!
REfL3ct
tbotbo

Our builder says 20 weeks, which is probably with no hold ups, like rain and supplies etc.
Prisdenn
REfL3ct
tbotbo

Our builder says 20 weeks, which is probably with no hold ups, like rain and supplies etc.

i am trying recall, but i definitely sure that majority of our somerfield neighbours in the earlier stages have taken a lot longer then 6 months

Anyon receive any updates for 1J, not sure if we should be speaking to our brokers telling them what the expected settlement date is.
I rang up on monday. I was told that at the moment they are at council compliance which is due by the end of this week.

Then it goes to titles office, which means titles end of next week to end of week after.

Then settlement 14 days after that. They said that both 1J and 1K will be within a couple of days of eachother.

I wish they would hurry up!!!
i think they are pushing it quite a bit for the end of the month though. Sounds like early December to me actually
I think at this stage, seeing the holidays in December, quite possibly settlements will only be possible in January. Perhaps to our favor since builders tend to take sometime off for xmas+newyear, meaning can't start building in Dec eventhough you're able to settle in Dec. Just my opinion ...
Hi All,

A few people have said now that builders stop over Christmas. I asked my builder the other day and he said they only stopped on the main days. Only the small builders stopped as the big builders all had quotas. You may want to check with your builder?
the_milesy
Hi All,

A few people have said now that builders stop over Christmas. I asked my builder the other day and he said they only stopped on the main days. Only the small builders stopped as the big builders all had quotas. You may want to check with your builder?

ok i just asked my builder. 24th december till the 4th of jan will be there holiday period.

sweet! so its not 4 weeks... when i asked them last year they said 4 weeks to me.. i reckon they were saying that so they could rush me to sign the contract.
did anyone go to the estate over the weekend? Did you notice they blocked off the road to 1J and 1K, i wonder why they did that?
I rang Somerfield last week and they mentioned that Stage 1L will be titled during second week of december. Has anyone else been informed on this?
tbotbo
did anyone go to the estate over the weekend? Did you notice they blocked off the road to 1J and 1K, i wonder why they did that?

I havent been for a while. i wonder why they would block the roads? keep us off our land? too many of us hovering around looking at open space? lol
REfL3ct
tbotbo

I havent been for a while. i wonder why they would block the roads? keep us off our land? too many of us hovering around looking at open space? lol

yeah hehe, that probably is the case..
by the way i noticed that they already put in the land dividers,
underneathe those pink stick poles, there is these little square blocks with the lot numbers on them
Just been down, guess what we now have new street names up which probably means Council compliance might be thru. I phoned last Friday and they told me that they were expecting compliance any day and then it would go to titles office. Expect settlement date 3rd Dec.
hi neighbours, havent been on for a while, we are now up to lock up stage. wanted to share my dramas with you. we are building with metricon, building the same house as the santorini on display in our estate. anyway, for those of you who havent signed your contracts, my advice is check your drawings carefully! our facade is now completed, however it does not look the same as the display home we chose. when we asked the builder, apparently the facade was built to our drawings. just a minor error which we didnt pick up cause it was sooo minor (and we were busy checking the other 101 things we did change), a narrower timber beam sits between our two front pillars. this beam should be about 20cm, instead ours is only about 10cm and the bricks are not capped. because the measurements are not on the drawings, it really was easily missed, we did go through everything with a fine tooth comb......., but this minor error has resulted in a different looking facade!not happy! we are waiting for the builder to get back to us , its a headache we could have avoided! also, for those of you who are umming and arring about little upgrades here and there.....my advice is just go for it! we ummed and arred about a lot of things, deciding not to upgrade on some minor things such as shower base, sink, tapware, doors etc........ as the house is nearing completion, i am now regretting it! its money saved, but its going to be a hassle after hand over! sigh..... Good luck everyone and is our BBQ still on? our reserve is looking really nice, think it should all be done by xmas!! cant believe xmas is only 6 weeks away!!!
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum