Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 549 of 788
Amanda83, how'd you go today with the SS about your brickwork, hopefully it was all positive.
NN
Lilliegirl we are up to the same stage. We have had our original mortgage refinanced to take advantage of a special deal with another bank. Unfortunately our original bank is holding up production. Now it is a race to get the finance and the letter of commencement done before Christmas so we can start building end of January
Our sight has been benched after truckload, after truckload of fill that has been delivered. I didn't think we would need that much fill, but we are on a road that slopes down, so our block has a high side on one side boundary and low side on the other side boundary.

I went to block today to see the benching, and can clearly see where the slab is going to be, and the garage, porch, terrazza, and tank slab. My question is....will that be it for benching, as it looks like far to much soil, and our house will be sitting up higher than we anticipated? The low side has a retaining wall to be done (by us) one metre away from house, and the house will be 11 courses high. Is it possible they have used too much soil????
Also worried we will now go over our pier allowance of 100 metres
Beechwood having problems with brickwork, nothing new there. Some photos of one house where every brick was ripped down and relaid. There are others I know of where they have had to had the house rendered to cover the problems.

Will you get anywhere with your brick problems, who knows, how hard are you willing to fight. They will come and repoint the blown out mortar from pressure cleaning, as to the misaligned bricks it gets harder. Are you willing to hold up your build or will you just accept it so the house can be finished. Dept of fair trading is a safe bet also.

One example of Beechwoods attitude to their customers, we have been unable to have beechwood replace our front door trilock due to pitting(have been trying for 3 months, beleif is it was from acid cleaning of bricks), so rang the supplier who was more than glad to replace it. Whilst on phone guy told me he had just finished another call from a beechwood customer, her door handles were falling off due to poor installation and she couldnt get beechwood to come out fix them so he had to talk her son through how to fix them.

arms
Our brick work is nearly finishing point. So far there were some issues like overhang frames on slab, increased wall tie gap, missing brick line. However they rectified most of the issues smoothly. Hope all this building work will finish without big stress.

Hope someone can help with this question.
Do we need to pay to have optic fibre (NBN) with BW, I thought the NBN companies provided it free when you joined them.
NN
As alisa said, better to do with BW electrician otherwise you have to pay extra for digging and running cable, which will cost you alot. however check with other experienced people.
nervousnelly
Hope someone can help with this question.
Do we need to pay to have optic fibre (NBN) with BW, I thought the NBN companies provided it free when you joined them.
NN

Thanks Alisa & ourbayswater, much appreciated.☺
NN
Does anyone know roughly how many piers are drilled for the slab? We are doing Verdelho 5 twist.
Hi!! So after waiting for our commencement letter from the bank... took us 1 month to settle the loan, we finally have a construction starting date! January 30 next year thanks to the Christmas shutdown period it will be a long time to get started... it is still 2 months of waiting.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experiences with your construction guys. I hope they fix the issues. I know BH is good value for money but workmanship should not be compromised

By the way, anyone here dealing with BH at Wetherill park head office? I call people there and they never seem to pick up the phone!
nervousnelly
Amanda83, how'd you go today with the SS about your brickwork, hopefully it was all positive.
NN

It went well, I thought I would have had to pull out the "working for a solicitor and taking it further" card but I didn't. Our SS agreed and acknowledged that there were terrible sections that needed fixing and he's marked the bricks that needed to be replaced and took photos and was also speaking to the head brickies supervisor about the work.

Amanda83
nervousnelly
NN

It went well, I thought I would have had to pull out the "working for a solicitor and taking it further" card but I didn't. Our SS agreed and acknowledged that there were terrible sections that needed fixing and he's marked the bricks that needed to be replaced and took photos and was also speaking to the head brickies supervisor about the work.

Good to hear, sounds like your SS is on top of it.
Having said that the brickies should being more accountable.
NN
We're slowly starting to look like a house, hubby installed the vanities over the last couple days and the washing machine and dryer today in between moving.
Kids bathroom

Ensuite

Laundry

Stone benchtop and splash back and bathroom mirrors get installed next week.
In regards to NBN, Beechwood have to provide provisioning conduit to house from street. We had Costas install internal conduit from the side of house to where we wanted the nbn box installed, this cost about $140.

Our internet provider then contacted NBn when we were ready for connection and NBN contractor installed the nbn fibre optic cable and equipment at no charge, this is part of the nbn arrangements.

You will have to arrange for your own internal wiring from the nbn equipment to data points.

Further info pm me.
paulsingh
Thank you Alisa . Thats what i thought as well. Will get a solicitor involved and if its worth loosing $5k for the grants ill just sign after everything is approved.

hello paul,

did you decide whether to sign the precontract or not? we're kind of in the position as well. Our Sales Consultant @ Gledswood office offered this to us.
Untwisted Twist
We're slowly starting to look like a house, hubby installed the vanities over the last couple days and the washing machine and dryer today in between moving.
Ensuite

Untwisted Twist,

just have to say it, i am in love with your ensuite!!!
Oldtimer
Lilliegirl we are up to the same stage. We have had our original mortgage refinanced to take advantage of a special deal with another bank. Unfortunately our original bank is holding up production. Now it is a race to get the finance and the letter of commencement done before Christmas so we can start building end of January

so good to know I'm not the only one still waiting..fingers crossed we get that letter by Chrissy....its all I want from Santa..Lol
nikah13
Untwisted Twist
Ensuite

Untwisted Twist,

just have to say it, i am in love with your ensuite!!!

omg me too, soooo gorgeous!!!
Thanks, I'm a little in love with it as well. Beechwood were really good, because we were supplying our own vanities after handover, they had the mirror people come out last week after handover to measure up. They get installed tomorrow. They have also had the sparky and gas guys come back since our flooring went in to install the free standing cooker.
Related
3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum