Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 547 of 579
Gosh just had to share even though I'm trying not to write negative things to try not bring any more negativity to the build
Our robe hooks in ensuite were placed incorrectly about 2months ago.... today was the day they were being redone
hubby was at place this morn getting a pendant hung and took pics to show me. There were stickers in ensuite for where new robe hooks were to go! Guess what ?? Yes in the wrong place again
and by the time I saw pic and tried to contact SS and hubby raced back to to hopefully meet carpenter or at least put note on front door for when he arrived. The carpenter, who was actually due Monday though was prob only actually told to go today had been in that 30mins and put them in the wrong spot on the ensuite tiles..... honest mistake SS said in email (couldn't even ring us) Yep well perhaps we have plans for a reason and perhaps SS should actually read them and then perhaps this would not be the second time they are being replaced...... funny thing Coral Newie has an Ad for new SS needed, can only hope they will be moving on our disastrous one
-sorry rant over.... (apologies for typos I'm having a wine
)

BrownDog77
Gosh just had to share even though I'm trying not to write negative things to try not bring any more negativity to the build
Our robe hooks in ensuite were placed incorrectly about 2months ago.... today was the day they were being redone
hubby was at place this morn getting a pendant hung and took pics to show me. There were stickers in ensuite for where new robe hooks were to go! Guess what ?? Yes in the wrong place again
and by the time I saw pic and tried to contact SS and hubby raced back to to hopefully meet carpenter or at least put note on front door for when he arrived. The carpenter, who was actually due Monday though was prob only actually told to go today had been in that 30mins and put them in the wrong spot on the ensuite tiles..... honest mistake SS said in email (couldn't even ring us) Yep well perhaps we have plans for a reason and perhaps SS should actually read them and then perhaps this would not be the second time they are being replaced...... funny thing Coral Newie has an Ad for new SS needed, can only hope they will be moving on our disastrous one
-sorry rant over.... (apologies for typos I'm having a wine
)

Oh god that is annoying, annoying for the tiler too. Hopefully you don’t anymore dramas
BrownDog77
Kevinmarques89
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has built in a BAL rated zone and how much you got charged? We are building in BAL12.5 but our left side just goes over to BAL19. We've been given an allowance of 8k. Should we expect to get any of that back? Also do they actually give you a report of what that allowance goes to?

Cheers

Hi there we are bal 12.5 we had an allowance for $10 000 but didn't use it all. It was itemised with amounts in our contract before we signed but we had to get a bal report assessment professionally done
we are NSW. Just about to have PCI and pretty sure some of the bal things we paid for haven't been included eg weepholes are plastic not SS

Oh sorry to hear hopefully they are able to rectify their mistakes. Did they put metal screens on all your windows and doors in that allowance?
Kevinmarques89
BrownDog77
Kevinmarques89
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has built in a BAL rated zone and how much you got charged? We are building in BAL12.5 but our left side just goes over to BAL19. We've been given an allowance of 8k. Should we expect to get any of that back? Also do they actually give you a report of what that allowance goes to?

Cheers

Hi there we are bal 12.5 we had an allowance for $10 000 but didn't use it all. It was itemised with amounts in our contract before we signed but we had to get a bal report assessment professionally done
we are NSW. Just about to have PCI and pretty sure some of the bal things we paid for haven't been included eg weepholes are plastic not SS

Oh sorry to hear hopefully they are able to rectify their mistakes. Did they put metal screens on all your windows and doors in that allowance?

No we had the special glass required included but we added flyscreens etc ourselves

I’d say the $8k will be enough I think it cost us about $6k for the bal 12.5
PCI tomorrow cross everything please everyone 🤞
🤞 it’s been a long time coming....

BrownDog77

Fingers crossed brown dog just think if all goes well tomorrow it will be maximum 2 weeks.
Ryan2007
BrownDog77

Fingers crossed brown dog just think if all goes well tomorrow it will be maximum 2 weeks.

Hopefully
how's things with you guys? Hubby was talking to Peter before tomoz and he was telling him about another Coral
figured it was prob you guys

BrownDog77
Ryan2007
BrownDog77

Hopefully
how's things with you guys? Hubby was talking to Peter before tomoz and he was telling him about another Coral
figured it was prob you guys

Ha ha yeah it was probably about us. We still have no pci yet this week marks 65 weeks and we will be 6 months over contract on the 21st of this month. It’s just outrageous they still have no solution for the down pipe and we are not settling they need to follow our plans and if not a solution need to be agreed and I’m not looking at an s bend at the front of our home every day I walk through the front door simple. We still have not made our last progress payment yet obviously because we did have pci on the 28th of March but they took that back because they had to rip our walls restan our whole staircase that was stained the wrong colour for the sending time. I’m over it but not giving in to them we spent $450k and I’m going to get why
Get what we paid for sorry accidentally posted posted before I finished
Ryan2007
Get what we paid for sorry accidentally posted posted before I finished

I don't blame you I would be the same but it's awful what you have had to endure what you have and there should def be compensation from C.
That's a lot of hard earned $. It's crazy that we pay more for houses down here and yet even if on time they still take 3 x longer to build than QLD

Kevinmarques89
Hi all,

Cheers

We had BAL 12.5 and it was about $6500 (In QLD)
Need help please.....Anyone banking with NAB and who went through certifier with Coral & doing your own driveway how did you get around supplying interim or final certificates for the final payment from NAB? Certifiers will only issue final cert (they won't issue interim with CDC apparently) after we have done the driveway which we will do after handover, however NAB won't release final payment until after they receive on of the certificates.
feeling stressed ...
BrownDog77
Need help please.....Anyone banking with NAB and who went through certifier with Coral & doing your own driveway how did you get around supplying interim or final certificates for the final payment from NAB? Certifiers will only issue final cert (they won't issue interim with CDC apparently) after we have done the driveway which we will do after handover, however NAB won't release final payment until after they receive on of the certificates.
feeling stressed ...

W T F
Surly they are just being fussy!!!!!!!🤮🤮🤮

nicolawhitelaw
BrownDog77
feeling stressed ...

W T F

Oh Nic it's a nightmare but thanks to hubby, CSO & bank I hope it's sorted.
our SS asked me to reframe from further contact with him threw email - I wrote back it would be my pleasure to "refrain" from any further contact "through" email
dumbass should've used spell check
I had previously called him a disgrace to C, his trade and the building industry and said I'd be sending through pics where the new blue dots are which coincidently are the same places the old blue & green dots were but perhaps they had fallen off over the months

BrownDog77
nicolawhitelaw
BrownDog77
feeling stressed ...

W T F

our SS asked me to reframe from further contact with him threw email - I wrote back it would be my pleasure to "refrain" from any further contact "through" email
I had previously called him a disgrace to C, his trade and the building industry and said I'd be sending through pics where the new blue dots are which coincidently are the same places the old blue & green dots were but perhaps they had fallen off over the months

What a joke! I thought our ss was useless but Jesus. I’m so sorry. I hope it all ends soon
i don’t get why the nab want occupancy certificates!!! Bloody stupid! Also, does he want you to communicate by phone so the *** promises aren’t in writing?
We have a coral build next door and their driveway is being ripped up and started again. The house slab wasn’t straight so the bricks don’t lay flush on the edge of the slab, so they decided to concrete a path from the front of the house, to the door and do their driveway... but it’s not thick enough to standards so they have to start again

nicolawhitelaw
BrownDog77
nicolawhitelaw
[quote="BrownDog77"]Need help please.....Anyone banking with NAB and who went through certifier with Coral & doing your own driveway how did you get around supplying interim or final certificates for the final payment from NAB? Certifiers will only issue final cert (they won't issue interim with CDC apparently) after we have done the driveway which we will do after handover, however NAB won't release final payment until after they receive on of the certificates.
feeling stressed ...

W T F

What a joke! I thought our ss was useless but Jesus. I’m so sorry. I hope it all ends soon
i don’t get why the nab want occupancy certificates!!! Bloody stupid! Also, does he want you to communicate by phone so the *** promises aren’t in writing?
We have a coral build next door and their driveway is being ripped up and started again. The house slab wasn’t straight so the bricks don’t lay flush on the edge of the slab, so they decided to concrete a path from the front of the house, to the door and do their driveway... but it’s not thick enough to standards so they have to start again

[/quote]

Bahaha probably I think he hates me ccing every Coral email I have in our conversations
though today I did snap..... Hopefully NAB will be happy with the certificate we asked for from the certifiers and then he had the cheek to email a copy of it to me telling me it wasn't the Final Oc cert... WT as if I'm stupid and he'd done
us a favour and organised it himself , when my hubby organised it. I think that's when I really snapped as we'd still be none the wiser until it was too late if I hadn't called certifier today myself. Your poor neighbours they probablly have our SS. What an awful start for them .....

BrownDog77
nicolawhitelaw
BrownDog77
[quote="nicolawhitelaw"][quote="BrownDog77"]Need help please.....Anyone banking with NAB and who went through certifier with Coral & doing your own driveway how did you get around supplying interim or final certificates for the final payment from NAB? Certifiers will only issue final cert (they won't issue interim with CDC apparently) after we have done the driveway which we will do after handover, however NAB won't release final payment until after they receive on of the certificates.
feeling stressed ...

W T F

[/quote]

Bahaha probably I think he hates me ccing every Coral email I have in our conversations
though today I did snap..... Hopefully NAB will be happy with the certificate we asked for from the certifiers and then he had the cheek to email a copy of it to me telling me it wasn't the Final Oc cert... WT as if I'm stupid and he'd done
us a favour and organised it himself , when my hubby organised it. I think that's when I really snapped as we'd still be none the wiser until it was too late if I hadn't called certifier today myself. Your poor neighbours they probablly have our SS. What an awful start for them .....

[/quote]
Yeah I’d assume it’s the same one. It’s their second one as the first one quit a few months ago. I don’t know his name tho. All I know if he tried to fight them on the tolerances of the concrete but neighbours hubby is an ex concretor so it didn’t go well

I have my fingers and toes crossed the nab hand over the cheque!!

nicolawhitelaw
BrownDog77
nicolawhitelaw
[quote="BrownDog77"][quote="nicolawhitelaw"][quote="BrownDog77"]Need help please.....Anyone banking with NAB and who went through certifier with Coral & doing your own driveway how did you get around supplying interim or final certificates for the final payment from NAB? Certifiers will only issue final cert (they won't issue interim with CDC apparently) after we have done the driveway which we will do after handover, however NAB won't release final payment until after they receive on of the certificates.
feeling stressed ...

W T F

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah I’d assume it’s the same one. It’s their second one as the first one quit a few months ago. I don’t know his name tho. All I know if he tried to fight them on the tolerances of the concrete but neighbours hubby is an ex concretor so it didn’t go well

I have my fingers and toes crossed the nab hand over the cheque!!

[/quote]

Thank you their valuer is thurs so I think once they see house is finished it should be ok
just a stressful day but not long now hopefully. How's your beautiful house going?

Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum