Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 547 of 828
One
twolittlepeas
One
Is there any colour consultant or interior decorator to help choose colours at Wisdom? Has anyone sought the services of a colour consultant externally for their build?

You'll meet with a colour consultant when you have your appointment at canvas quarter. I believe my colour consultant is actually an interior designer. Since everything is in one place, it'll probably be easier to coordinate all your selections. (i.e no need to drive to Di Lorenzo in Castle Hill multiple times!!)

I remember reading somewhere in this forum, that someone had engaged with the stylist that decorated all of Wisdom's display homes. Her name is Anita Nadar, here is her instagram account in you're interested. https://www.instagram.com/missan2012/?hl=en

What does a colour consultant at Wisdom do exactly during the appointment at Canvas Quarter?

Hi,

Just had my colour consultation at cavas quarter a month ago and they actually showed:

1) Selection of what is standard in your package
2) Selection of possible upgrage should you want
3) If you want to change the design of your kitchen, thats the perfect time.
4) Ask for everything (even if it will be out of your budget at the moment) in terms of quote since its a lot easy not to accept a quote rather than ask a requote for the items that you missed, you are only given twice - Without fee.

Lessons learned:
Be prepared, must have idea already of what you
want because they will not show everything unless you ask because they have no idea what you actually want. There are lots of samples and you might be overwhelmed... Of course do your homework and have your options ready as the appointment is divided into three sessions a day.

You might want to schedule going to the canvas quarter to see the selection prior to your appointment, it will help so as you wont be surprised and be overwhelmed. However without an appointment you wouldnt really know from the selection which is the standard or upgrade.

As for the tiles, be prepared that everything in the display homes are all upgraded (i think that applies to most if not all builders) so make sure you have plan b.

Be prepared with the bricks/colours because you are only given at least 2 hours (well in my case) to discuss what you want to achieve for your house. They will show lots of options you just have to tell them what you want.

Went to PGH bricks after and they were very accomodating as well. I arranged a colour appointment with them for free so I can see their insights as well. Its best to see the colours that you'll select outdoor than indoor. They have their bricks displayed outside and you can bring your roof samples, colour swatches for your garage or whatever finishing you have. The colours look lighter when your outside compared when youre doing the colour consultation inside a room.

Well, goodluck! Either way, if you think you are not happy to what you have selected you can always go back and ask for another appointment. (Which I did). Its your house, dont rush deciding.
They are accommodating and wont rush you into deciding just dont sign any quote though.
Thanks KatDS! That’s very comprehensive and insightful. Much appreciated!

We have a theme or range of colours in mind, but need an expert to tell us what goes and what doesn’t. We want to achieve a consistent look the flows inside and outside. We don’t want to risk our colour choices clashing!

Before we moved into our current house, we hired a colour consultant to help us choice paint colours. She was fantastic but has unfortunately retired. I am sure she could have helped choose colours of walls, floors, kitchen, bathroom etc. If anyone has suggestions of someone like that would be great!
Hi, I'm building a modified Trinity 33 Family with Wisdom. Can anyone help with clarifying the PCI with Wisdom - specifically the use of an independent quality inspector? Can I have both the independent inspector and also the personal walkthrough with the SS? Just that my SS seemed to imply that I have to choose between one or the other because he doesn't allow "two" PCI inspections. (Even though he mentioned that if we choose to use an independent inspector, then he'd just let them in and tell them to lock up afterwards).

Thanks!
hwong80
hwong80
Hi, I'm building a modified Trinity 33 Family with Wisdom. Can anyone help with clarifying the PCI with Wisdom - specifically the use of an independent quality inspector? Can I have both the independent inspector and also the personal walkthrough with the SS? Just that my SS seemed to imply that I have to choose between one or the other because he doesn't allow "two" PCI inspections. (Even though he mentioned that if we choose to use an independent inspector, then he'd just let them in and tell them to lock up afterwards).

Thanks!
hwong80
As i wrote a few posts above our SS allowed the inspector in to look around and then a few days later we did the official PCI with him. Our SS had the inspectors report with him during our PCI.

I guess each SS will do it the way they want to. I would just ask him that you want to do the PCI in person yourself but also want an inspector to look around, so whats the best way to organise this? At the same time or different times? Officially they only need to do the one meeting but if the relationship is ok im sure they will be accommodating to your request.

ajayshekar
Hello All, Finally got the keys today!! Super excited

Some pics attached

No major issues, all minor paint touchups etc fixed up between PCI and today.
Some remaining things will be fixed in the maintenance period.

Cheers.

Building Ambassador 36 - Wisdom Homes

Hi ajayshekar, Your house looks so beautiful. Congratulations.
KatDS

Hi,

Just had my colour consultation at cavas quarter a month ago and they actually showed:

1) Selection of what is standard in your package
2) Selection of possible upgrage should you want
3) If you want to change the design of your kitchen, thats the perfect time.
4) Ask for everything (even if it will be out of your budget at the moment) in terms of quote since its a lot easy not to accept a quote rather than ask a requote for the items that you missed, you are only given twice - Without fee.

Lessons learned:
Be prepared, must have idea already of what you
want because they will not show everything unless you ask because they have no idea what you actually want. There are lots of samples and you might be overwhelmed... Of course do your homework and have your options ready as the appointment is divided into three sessions a day.

You might want to schedule going to the canvas quarter to see the selection prior to your appointment, it will help so as you wont be surprised and be overwhelmed. However without an appointment you wouldnt really know from the selection which is the standard or upgrade.

As for the tiles, be prepared that everything in the display homes are all upgraded (i think that applies to most if not all builders) so make sure you have plan b.

Be prepared with the bricks/colours because you are only given at least 2 hours (well in my case) to discuss what you want to achieve for your house. They will show lots of options you just have to tell them what you want.

Went to PGH bricks after and they were very accomodating as well. I arranged a colour appointment with them for free so I can see their insights as well. Its best to see the colours that you'll select outdoor than indoor. They have their bricks displayed outside and you can bring your roof samples, colour swatches for your garage or whatever finishing you have. The colours look lighter when your outside compared when youre doing the colour consultation inside a room.

Well, goodluck! Either way, if you think you are not happy to what you have selected you can always go back and ask for another appointment. (Which I did). Its your house, dont rush deciding.
They are accommodating and wont rush you into deciding just dont sign any quote though.

Thanks for your most comprehensive run down. It seems like you have to make so many decisions without a lot to go on.
1) Again sorry for newbie questions. I am getting my head around the admin process and was wondering at what point do you need finance secured for the entire build? I can't seem to get an answer from our potential lender without a contract but I'm worried about getting too far into the process before finding out we need more time to obtain our loan. Hope that makes sense.

2) Also, what has been the average admin time for most of the builds discussed on here? It seems like if we are pre-tender now, that we may not even start building until next year!

3) I'm hearing a lot of advice to include as much as possible even if you think you'll remove things at a later date, when does removing things attract a financial penalty? e.g. undecided about ducted vacuuming, zip tap, custom cabinetry etc
Manhattan52
becks81
Hi Everyone, congratulations on all the beautiful homes on this forum. We are in the very baby stages of building (awaiting tender presentation) and this is such a daunting process! Sorry if I ask some very stupid or basic questions.

I was just wondering where you got inspiration for facade colour selections? We are going with a modern look and the diplomat facade. Changing the cladding to Sycon matrix but are stuck with colour choices. Want to go majority white but not all white. Any pointers? TIA

We have also selected the diplomat facade.
Ours is rendered with the stria cladding on the front
the same as the display at Oran Park. Our colours are a light grey, mid grey and the flashing in charcoal.
Just bear in mind colours will look lighter on a larger spanse and also even lighter outside

Thanks Manhattan52, we are also going with full render.

What colour is your archway in front of the study? Not sure what else to call it. We are thinking of feature tiling? but not sure if it will look strange. Our colour scheme will likely be a white/grey combo but it's so hard to visualise.

Also not sure what style of garage door to go with either, considering perspex or polyurethane panels (not sure what the difference is) or matrix panels.....wondering if matrix panels will clash with the matrix on the house (where the stria cladding is on the upper balcony).

So many what ifs, this is so stressful!
becks81
Manhattan52
becks81
Hi Everyone, congratulations on all the beautiful homes on this forum. We are in the very baby stages of building (awaiting tender presentation) and this is such a daunting process! Sorry if I ask some very stupid or basic questions.

I was just wondering where you got inspiration for facade colour selections? We are going with a modern look and the diplomat facade. Changing the cladding to Sycon matrix but are stuck with colour choices. Want to go majority white but not all white. Any pointers? TIA

the same as the display at Oran Park. Our colours are a light grey, mid grey and the flashing in charcoal.
Just bear in mind colours will look lighter on a larger spanse and also even lighter outside

What colour is your archway in front of the study? Not sure what else to call it. We are thinking of feature tiling? but not sure if it will look strange. Our colour scheme will likely be a white/grey combo but it's so hard to visualise.

Also not sure what style of garage door to go with either, considering perspex or polyurethane panels (not sure what the difference is) or matrix panels.....wondering if matrix panels will clash with the matrix on the house (where the stria cladding is on the upper balcony).

So many what ifs, this is so stressful!

We only have the front rendered as didn’t want a full render

Our bricks are metallix black stone
Stormy shadow for majority of front
Secret passage for front piers, parapet ( the archway your taking about)
Thin Ice for the matrix cladding outbound front bedroom
Monument to Axon Cladding
My garage door is Luxe Design in Nullarbor Woodgrain Texture and colour is Black Ace.

I would suggest starting with the biggest things and then go from there
becks81
1) Again sorry for newbie questions. I am getting my head around the admin process and was wondering at what point do you need finance secured for the entire build? I can't seem to get an answer from our potential lender without a contract but I'm worried about getting too far into the process before finding out we need more time to obtain our loan. Hope that makes sense.

2) Also, what has been the average admin time for most of the builds discussed on here? It seems like if we are pre-tender now, that we may not even start building until next year!

3) I'm hearing a lot of advice to include as much as possible even if you think you'll remove things at a later date, when does removing things attract a financial penalty? e.g. undecided about ducted vacuuming, zip tap, custom cabinetry etc

Are you doing a Knock down rebuild? I'm not sure how the financing works for a KDRB.

We bought a H&L package, so we had pre-approval and that's what we used to budget our build. We are at draft end panel, and am in process of getting our construction loan sorted.

For us, we've been in active admin since Feb until now. (secure deposit paid on 30th Nov, signed tender and contract on 20th Feb, CDC approval on 10th May, DEP on 16th May) so about 3 months for us, it feels long lol, but I know other members in this thread had been in the admin process forever.

Yes, I would also suggest to choose everything you are interested in, so it will be provided in your first quotation, from there you can see the costings and decide if you want it, you can tick yes/no.

At DEP, I can't even get a price for a water purifier. Was told that a variation quote would have to be requested, and that it was too late to add this to my file.. .... ........so yeah, if anyone could share how much a water purifier is, i would appreciate it! Im just curious what the price is, I'm gonna get a freaking hectic one after handover!!

I would love ducted vaccuming! Its expensive! lol
ok i just googled zip tap.. Lol i want that!
twolittlepeas
Fancy! Or u can just use the fridge?

doosra
twolittlepeas

haha, yeah thats what the husband said, use a kettle
twolittlepeas
doosra
twolittlepeas

haha, yeah thats what the husband said, use a kettle

Yes I know but the fridge won’t give you sparkling on tap (although I think there is actually a model with a soda stream option)!!!! They are notorious for breaking down all the time and take up a lot of under bench space so I will be doing a bit more research first
quote="Manhattan52

Just bear in mind colours will look lighter on a larger spanse and also even lighter outside[/quote

So many what ifs, this is so stressful![/quote]

We only have the front rendered as didn’t want a full render

Our bricks are metallix black stone
Stormy shadow for majority of front
Secret passage for front piers, parapet ( the archway your taking about)
Thin Ice for the matrix cladding outbound front bedroom
Monument to Axon Cladding
My garage door is Luxe Design in Nullarbor Woodgrain Texture and colour is Black Ace.

I would suggest starting with the biggest things and then go from there[/quote]

Thanks for that rundown. I will take your advice onboard.
twolittlepeas
becks81

Are you doing a Knock down rebuild? I'm not sure how the financing works for a KDRB.

We bought a H&L package, so we had pre-approval and that's what we used to budget our build. We are at draft end panel, and am in process of getting our construction loan sorted.

For us, we've been in active admin since Feb until now. (secure deposit paid on 30th Nov, signed tender and contract on 20th Feb, CDC approval on 10th May, DEP on 16th May) so about 3 months for us, it feels long lol, but I know other members in this thread had been in the admin process forever.

Yes, I would also suggest to choose everything you are interested in, so it will be provided in your first quotation, from there you can see the costings and decide if you want it, you can tick yes/no.

At DEP, I can't even get a price for a water purifier. Was told that a variation quote would have to be requested, and that it was too late to add this to my file.. .... ........so yeah, if anyone could share how much a water purifier is, i would appreciate it! Im just curious what the price is, I'm gonna get a freaking hectic one after handover!!

Yes KDRB. We are going to DA so I presume it will take longer than CDC. So you can’t add anything at DEP? When would have been the latest you could have enquired about/added your water purifier?
becks81
twolittlepeas
becks81

Yes KDRB. We are going to DA so I presume it will take longer than CDC. So you can’t add anything at DEP? When would have been the latest you could have enquired about/added your water purifier?

DA takes a lot longer than CDC. What council are you going through?

The zip tap doesn’t give you sparkling mineral water, it gives you Soda water that they call sparkling water. There is a big difference in taste of your a mineral water drinker

You can add things for a while depending on what they are, and what they affect however at DEP level it is usually too late as you are on the home stretch so to speak

A quick photo update of our build. The render has now been completed and it has been done beautifully! Window and door mouldings are next, along with eaves.

Very pleased to see handovers, PCIs, slabs and progress being made for many members
WisdomHomes
Hi Everyone,

This is a public forum to which we are a member. We respect the rights of our Clients to express their views and opinions about their experience with Wisdom, and hence, do not actively engage in these threads. However, we do regularly monitor the contents of this forum. Some posts we disagree with; some posts are made by individuals who are not Wisdom clients and are motivated by another agenda; however, the majority of feedback we genuinely take on board to continuously improve our processes and systems.

Over recent months, we have made numerous improvements to our front end processes to expedite our pre-site (admin) timeframes and have now launched Canvas Quarter to offer a better selections process. Unfortunately, many of you won't benefit from these changes as you are past this stage, but these improvements have been made possible for future clients based on the feedback that you have provided.

Despite some of the historic challenges that we have had with our admin timeframes (which we are constantly improving), Wisdom has always enjoyed an outstanding reputation for the quality of our Homes, our designs and our inclusions. This has not changed. Our current Head of Construction is a founding member of the company and has more than 25 years’ experience in the industry. He will soon be moving into our Head of Customer Service & Operations role to continue to drive improvements in our pre-site processes. As of today, we have appointed a new Head of Construction (HoC) who has more than 30 years’ industry experience. Reporting into our HoC are 5 very experienced Area Construction Managers (ACMs) responsible for more than 35 Site Supervisors managing almost 300 Trades and Suppliers (all of whom are subject to strict selection criteria). Furthermore, our Company’s original founders, Dom & Fay Vitalone, remain very active in Wisdom today.

We are not perfect but we stand by our commitments and promises. We will always be accountable to ensure that Wisdom Homes meets the standards that we expect of ourselves. Where we see evidence on this Forum that our standards of quality, safety and/or customer service are not being met, we will reach out to individuals directly to discuss (Jordann, our ACM Craig will contact you about your PCI concerns, if he hasn’t already done so).

Again, we won't actively engage on this forum so please don't use this as a channel to communicate directly with us. But, as part of our commitment to continuous improvement, we are always reviewing the feedback provided from genuine Wisdom customers. If you have an issue or a query, your best form of contact is always directly to your assigned Customer Service Representative (CSR).

Regards,

Mark Scully
General Manager
1300 855 775

Glad to know about this and thanks for reaching out Mark about the slab
Hi Guys, What is this in the driveway quote from Wisdom?

“Provide additional labour due to restricted access and/or site conditions” they are charging 1500$ for this.

Please whoever has crossed this stage throw some light on.

Thanks
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum