Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 546 of 929
mccjus80
Update went out to Tile Direct to double check my choice and yes d d tile on display board was same, d tile of the rack was different more like tiles laid, and my sample tile was same as per board...well apparently not only can there be a colour variation but texture too..what a load of @#$$...according to them its right ...no point dealing with them...drive straight to Clarendon head office in tears...saw my ss he is fantastic and construction manager. .i have been told they will look into it..waiting for a response back....they seem to care not like d tile shop...u get what u get is their attitude if u dont like it bad luck...

We had a similar headache, had to change our selection for our laminate flooring, only 2 days before it was due to be installed. Accent Carpets stuffed up. Had to race down the next day to do a re-selection. Had to select a floor that we didn't even like. Turned out ok though, they looked MUCH better when they were laid and when we saw them installed we loved them.
KLB
Lizzy083
KLB
Finally got our final kitchen quote this morning.. ouch! All signed off now and hopefully we should have plans to submitted to council this week according to CSC.

Cant be as bad as mine KLB? Close to $20k

Close enough.. $17k and that wasn't even doing anything crazy! So annoyed I have to fork out nearly $1k for them to come back and put kickboards on. We are doing the floors after handover and I refuse to have beading on the floors so I didn't have much choice!

Our first quote was $34k and I didn't think we were doing anything outrageous! Needless to say we went back and it's now just over $20k. So so easy to spend money!

Thanks guys. I am standing by my selection. ..will keep u all updated

mccjus80
Thanks guys. I am standing by my selection. ..will keep u all updated

Bloody oath. They'd stick by it if it was the other way around.
Heidimikew that was on this forum earlier in the year had external tiles delivered instead of internal wet area tiles. She almost didn't pick it as they looked the same but were rough. They tried to claim that's what she picked as the code was the same.. She went off at them saying the codes are for them not for the customers and if the wrong code was written down that's not her problem even if she signed off on the tiles there was no way of her knowing they were the wrong texture and anyway who in their right mind would want external tiles on their bathroom floors?? They re-sent the correct tiles!

So much work happened today.. Super excited. Electrical fitoff will be finished tomorrow.

1st time builders

So much work happened today.. Super excited. Electrical fitoff will be finished tomorrow.

Looks AMAZING!!!
What pain colour are your walls??
Walls are winter ice
1st time builders
Its all action on site today... Painters are just putting the finishing touches. Plumbing fitoff is complete except for the bath tub (which is sitting in the garage) Wardrobe shelving going in, electricians doing fitoff including oven/stove/rangehood and shower screens being installed.. Trades everywhere. Exciting stuff. 2 weeks and 1 1/2 days to go... not that im counting

Have you got clarendon doing your carpets too? Im just behind you. Painting finishes thursday then plumbing fitoff friday and electrical monday. Still no handover date for me.. .

SandD42
1st time builders
Its all action on site today... Painters are just putting the finishing touches. Plumbing fitoff is complete except for the bath tub (which is sitting in the garage) Wardrobe shelving going in, electricians doing fitoff including oven/stove/rangehood and shower screens being installed.. Trades everywhere. Exciting stuff. 2 weeks and 1 1/2 days to go... not that im counting

Have you got clarendon doing your carpets too? Im just behind you. Painting finishes thursday then plumbing fitoff friday and electrical monday. Still no handover date for me.. .

No floorings are being done after handover. We have had our handover date for 3 weeks now.. 2 more weeks to go
1st October is our big day
When did you start??
1st time builders
SandD42
1st time builders

No floorings are being done after handover. We have had our handover date for 3 weeks now.. 2 more weeks to go
When did you start??

Ahh that would be it. We are getting flooring done with clarendon. We started may 7th i think

[/quote]

When did you start??[/quote]
Ahh that would be it. We are getting flooring done with clarendon. We started may 7th i think

[/quote]

Although our site was cut late arvo May 6th our official contracted start date was also 7th May
1st time builders
Heidimikew that was on this forum earlier in the year had external tiles delivered instead of internal wet area tiles. She almost didn't pick it as they looked the same but were rough. They tried to claim that's what she picked as the code was the same.. She went off at them saying the codes are for them not for the customers and if the wrong code was written down that's not her problem even if she signed off on the tiles there was no way of her knowing they were the wrong texture and anyway who in their right mind would want external tiles on their bathroom floors?? They re-sent the correct tiles!

Thats what i think has happened to us too..only problem is they have been laid..it will cost them to fix..thats why they are giving me all d excuses not to have to redo all wet areas..should know more tomorrow hopefully. ..

Get weird email from driveway people today.. no idea what it means:

Quote:
Dear Luke,

KMD have been requested by Clarendon to install the driveway at your new Clarendon Home.

KMD would just like to re-confirm the coloured concrete chosen at the Colour Studio was “ONYXX 44” – as per your signed colour chart.

Can you please confirm by return email that you happy to proceed with this chosen colour.

Also, we have attached the The Hills Shire Council Application Form – but as I have yet to receive an image of your property, other properties in Wattleridge Cres have already had cross over’s installed.

If this applies to your property, the Council application form does not need to be lodged. Could you pls let me know or return the form if necessary as soon as possible.

Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.

Any ideas??

Obviously the colour bit I can answer.. but the rest of it.. half of it doesn't even make sense.. and the other stuff.. well.. how the heck am I supposed to know?!
light487
Get weird email from driveway people today.. no idea what it means:

Quote:
Dear Luke,

KMD have been requested by Clarendon to install the driveway at your new Clarendon Home.

KMD would just like to re-confirm the coloured concrete chosen at the Colour Studio was “ONYXX 44” – as per your signed colour chart.

Can you please confirm by return email that you happy to proceed with this chosen colour.

Also, we have attached the The Hills Shire Council Application Form – but as I have yet to receive an image of your property, other properties in Wattleridge Cres have already had cross over’s installed.

If this applies to your property, the Council application form does not need to be lodged. Could you pls let me know or return the form if necessary as soon as possible.

Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.

Any ideas??

Obviously the colour bit I can answer.. but the rest of it.. half of it doesn't even make sense.. and the other stuff.. well.. how the heck am I supposed to know?!

could the cross over mean a council pathway they need to leave in place and concrete around or 'cross over'? Silly concreter lingo! Haha

The crossover is the section of the driveway from the gutter/layback to the front boundary of your property. Sometimes the developer or council lay this as part of the footpath construction. If not you have to get council approval and pay a "fee" because you are laying part of your driveway "crossing over" council land.
Well I'm not going to pay anything as it's the entire driveway included in the tender. I just have no way to know if I need to do it or not.. who would know? Clarendon I would have thought..
light487
Well I'm not going to pay anything as it's the entire driveway included in the tender. I just have no way to know if I need to do it or not.. who would know? Clarendon I would have thought..

I basically told the lady from KMD to shove it yesterday... We had already told them we were getting the driveway done ourselves after handover, but she started pestering me again this week. So I said, okay give me a quote then and sent her a drawing with what we wanted. Her response was "we can't do this because it wasn't approved in your CDC with all the concrete we want". I told her it was on our landscape plan that went through for our CDC approval, and she started demanding I find all the approvals for her. I told her Clarendon should have it all since THEY lodged it all, and she got narky with me, so I told her to get lost and that I wasn't interested in KMD providing a quote and we would stick with doing it ourselves so we don't get ripped off. I don't think she liked that... HAHA!
The KMD lady is completely rude. As soon as my wife and I sat down, we got up again and left.
elisen
light487

I basically told the lady from KMD to shove it yesterday... We had already told them we were getting the driveway done ourselves after handover, but she started pestering me again this week. So I said, okay give me a quote then and sent her a drawing with what we wanted. Her response was "we can't do this because it wasn't approved in your CDC with all the concrete we want". I told her it was on our landscape plan that went through for our CDC approval, and she started demanding I find all the approvals for her. I told her Clarendon should have it all since THEY lodged it all, and she got narky with me, so I told her to get lost and that I wasn't interested in KMD providing a quote and we would stick with doing it ourselves so we don't get ripped off. I don't think she liked that... HAHA!

We had it included in our home+land before we even got to colour selections. So it is something we have been completely out of the loop on in general. The only thing we were involved in was the colour selection and even that got changed because Clarendon changed the landscaping company.

Yeh, the email is certainly not what I would have expected from a professional company or even from someone that writes emails all day. It's disjointed and hard to understand.

They are required to our driveway under the contract. They tried to snake their way out of doing a drainage pit at the end of the driveway, but I reminded Clarendon that the driveway in its completeness was part of the tender and they went away.
Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum