Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 546 of 788
Just wondering if anyone knows who the plumber is for the area at Oran Park?

Hi everyone! Thought I'd introduce myself; we are building in Marsden Park and are in the tender stage with Beechwood, looking at building a (heavily?) modified Verdelho Guest. Thanks to all who are contributing soo much information on this forum - it makes this process a lot easier. We sat down with the folks at Homeworld Kellyville for aaaages today going through the tender line by line (Masterton did that, so we figured we'd try the same approach with these guys). Far out I didn't think it'd be so difficult getting the details on paper!!

Anything you wish you'd known before you put your deposit down? We haven't paid a cent yet, so I am definitely grateful they've given us as much information as they have for zero $$. I think it's because our land doesn't register until early next year so they know we have time.
Untwisted Twist
Final walk thru tomorrow

How'd you go with walkthrough? Anything to suggest what to look for?

For anyone else that has completed. Do beechwood clean up the back yard, level out what they dug for the house, and remove unused materials/bricks?

Also, realised we have this sticking up about 50cm from the ground. Any idea what it is and what we can do with it...
Timbail3y Beechwood will remove the fence and pick up rubbish that's about it. We ended up removing alot of the rubbish ourselves as there was so much left behind. We did our own levelling of the yard after we had handover.
We have the same pipe, DH said it's a sewerage pipe.
natlyn
Timbail3y Beechwood will remove the fence and pick up rubbish that's about it. We ended up removing alot of the rubbish ourselves as there was so much left behind. We did our own levelling of the yard after we had handover.
We have the same pipe, DH said it's a sewerage pipe.

Thanks for the info!
I figured it was a sewerage pipe. Would have been great to be told about it.
Can we shorten it at all, is yours that tall?

And I hope they tidy up a bit. We have bricks, wood and things everywhere.
Yep ours is high, it's so that once you finish off your landscaping you can shorten it to how high you need it, if they cut it off too short then you may accidentally landscape over the top. Apparently you just take the top off, cut the pipe and cap it back up.
Hello everyone,
new to the forum, looking to build the Moscato Guest. Getting excited and nervous looking at everyone's posts. Just wondering if anyone has built in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney or has worked with the Kellyville office and has any advice. We are planning to pay deposit on Saturday but getting a little nervous to embark on this adventure. Thanks
So I spoke to soon in my last few posts I said we hadn't had any delays and were zooming along..
The tilers were meant to start the wet areas 4 weeks ago......... Nothing has happened
lileegirl
Untwisted Twist
lileegirl
[quote="Untwisted Twist"]Final walk thru tomorrow

OMG how exciting right in time for Chrissy too!!

Just what you want to do at this time of year. At least I'll be able to spend my time off unpacking

Will you get a slab before Christmas lileegirl?

yeah that's a tough one, the excitement of a new house but still lots to do, at least you'll be all settled in the new year!

Im pretty sure I've missed the chance of having a slab by chrissy, bit of a bummer I really had my heart set on that, but at least all the boring paper work will be done..Lol[/quote]

Lileegirl, how are going with your paperwork? My bank is taking forever to issue the commencement letter. So it's sad I'm gonna miss out on the $5k FHOG as it goes down to $10k in 2016. Taking into account a month off due to Christmas shutdown, I won't see a slab until March next year.

Untwisted Twist - so exciting for you! What a Christmas gift to finally see everything all done!

jaxology I thought as long as the contract was signed before 31st December 2015 you would be still eligible, that's what I have been led to believe.
NN
Hey guys. We're building a Moscato Four Grand Terrazza at Chisholm in the Hunter Valley. I know it's a little weird to not be building a verdelho but if anyone has any pics of their moscato, I'd love to see them.

We just had our commencement letter issued after waiting.......forever. All the excitement of building our first house has well and truly fizzled. Time to hurry up and wait some more😳. 6 month build contract

I must say I have really appreciated all the contributions to this forum, it's been extremely insightful and valuable for us.

I'll try to upload my floor plan.

Hey Jax, im still a bit behind you, waiting for my valuation to be completed.
The 1st home grant will still apply if your contract was signed before jan 2016, thank goodness we've all just made it!

http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants/fhog/faq
Jaykay, there's a Moscato guest going in the st behind me, Ive met the owner, they're still waiting on the bank like me, but when it starts ill take some pics for you
Thanks Alisa and lileegirl.

Hi Lileegirl,
We too are building the Moscato Guest, meeting tomorrow to take the plunge and pay the initial $5500..eek! would also love any pics you can get. Thanks

Tonight is our first night in our new house. We're sleeping on blow up mattresses, we don't have flooring, kitchen bench tops or vanities. But after living with family the past 2 years it feels great to have our own space again. We will gradually get things done and move over the next couple weeks. We can't wait to have Christmas in our new house
Untwisted Twist

Tonight is our first night in our new house. We're sleeping on blow up mattresses, we don't have flooring, kitchen bench tops or vanities. But after living with family the past 2 years it feels great to have our own space again. We will gradually get things done and move over the next couple weeks. We can't wait to have Christmas in our new house

Congratulations untwisted twist, how exciting, enjoy your first night in your new home.

NN
Not long now Alisa. It'll be worth it. But I feel your pain. I can't wait to be fully in here, 3 weeks to go
Untwisted Twist

Congrats... I could imagine how happy you are. Have a very good night...

Haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one going nuts cooped up with inlaws. And it's only been 4 months for us so far

Congrats untwisted, it must be such a relief.

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum