Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 543 of 828
GLO
singalg
ajayshekar
Hello All, Finally got the keys today!! Super excited

Some pics attached

No major issues, all minor paint touchups etc fixed up between PCI and today.
Some remaining things will be fixed in the maintenance period.

Cheers.

Building Ambassador 36 - Wisdom Homes

in one word: Stunning!! Congratulations!! Enjoying moving in now

Nice! What size is your balcony and which suburb are you in?

It's the standard optional rear balcony on the Ambassador 36
It's about 3.8 x 4m

Building Ambassador 36 - Wisdom Homes
We did another round of looking at bricks this weekend and I am leaning towards the Truffle from PGH Bricks. Thanks for all the initial photos guys!
I’m still a little nervous on how my facade colours will end up looking when it’s all together. Does Wisdom do a colour mock up on your facade to show the final result?
So much happening here!
ajayshekar - that view!
Ninsta
We did another round of looking at bricks this weekend and I am leaning towards the Truffle from PGH Bricks. Thanks for all the initial photos guys!
I’m still a little nervous on how my facade colours will end up looking when it’s all together. Does Wisdom do a colour mock up on your facade to show the final result?

I’ve not heard of that to date.

Ninsta

Check out http://newhomevisuals.com - $45 and they do a colour mock up of your front facade. And you get two free revisions. I loved it - really helped me when making my decisions!
Ninsta

just a word of advise. truffle is gray brick but the underneath clay might be different. Chiifon is si,ilar in colour an has dark grey clay. this helps with the look of house in case of future chipping
MandM+4
Kvav27
hi All,need advise, I went to see the slab and it feels wrong and tilted.

Kindly advise
Tia

It does look funny in the pics but I’m sure they would pour it level. Maybe put a spirit level on it to ease your mind.

Thanks mandM+4 I informed SS, and have hired independent construction inspection. Hope all turns out good
hi all anyone knows any company doing a laminex custom TV media unit? Most of them charges around $2000. I am hoping for less than this amount. There are areas in wisdom homes where we have media niches with space of around 2.7 m. There is no off the shelf media unit of this size as mostly around 2 m, 2.2 m and 2.4 m. Thanks.
Kvav27
Ninsta

just a word of advise. truffle is gray brick but the underneath clay might be different. Chiifon is si,ilar in colour an has dark grey clay. this helps with the look of house in case of future chipping

Thank you for that info! We have booked in our colour appointments and have been informed to bring our sample brick along so I guess I’ll have to head out again anyway to get samples.
Ninsta
Kvav27
Ninsta

Thank you for that info! We have booked in our colour appointments and have been informed to bring our sample brick along so I guess I’ll have to head out again anyway to get samples.

The truffle clay is a kind of beige colour, chiffon is a darker brown.

Wisdom don’t, or at least didn’t, do a colour mock up but it would be great if they did. There are some colour visualisers online that may help, both PGH and Austral have one I think.

Chinoandbebe
Kvav27
hi All,need advise, I went to see the slab and it feels wrong and tilted.

Kindly advise
Tia

If you have doubts you could organise a slab inspection. They'll pick up any issues with the slab.

Thanks @Chinoandbebe I just did that, i have organised a slab inspection. lets see what comes of it. Thanks
Ninsta
Kvav27
Ninsta

We went twice or thrice. Bring sample of all bricks you like. PGH and Austral allow you to take sample. Put them in sun and leave them there for few days. It will give you idea of how it looks at different times. Also Austral and PGH can give you address of houses with the bricks you like. You can pass by and see how they look and their combinations.We did that for Austral Chiffon, PGH Black heath.

Hope this helps.
Kvav27
Ninsta
Kvav27
[quote="Ninsta"]We did another round of looking at bricks this weekend and I am leaning towards the Truffle from PGH Bricks. Thanks for all the initial photos guys!

We went twice or thrice. Bring sample of all bricks you like. PGH and Austral allow you to take sample. Put them in sun and leave them there for few days. It will give you idea of how it looks at different times. Also Austral and PGH can give you address of houses with the bricks you like. You can pass by and see how they look and their combinations.We did that for Austral Chiffon, PGH Black heath.

Hope this helps.[/quote]They give u a list of houses with the bricks used and this by far gives a better impression. I found it looks a lot different having a small wall or one brick sample. Just drive past and have a look

[/quote]They give u a list of houses with the bricks used and this by far gives a better impression. I found it looks a lot different having a small wall or one brick sample. Just drive past and have a look[/quote]

You are right, seeing the bricks used in actual houses does give you a better impression... and more confusion on my end!
I’ve gone from liking dark bricks, to light bricks to now potentially dark again! Hence the return for more samples 😕
I was hoping Wisdom would do a mock up because I can see how all the colours I may like tie in with each other but I just can seem to visualize the proportions. I’ve played with a few of the visualizers online but I’m still finding the colour proportions off with the different styles of house they have one there.
Quick one-what is the width of the drawer tower that you can add to the wir?

psur2357
hi all anyone knows any company doing a laminex custom TV media unit? Most of them charges around $2000. I am hoping for less than this amount. There are areas in wisdom homes where we have media niches with space of around 2.7 m. There is no off the shelf media unit of this size as mostly around 2 m, 2.2 m and 2.4 m. Thanks.
Try this company, website below. I enquired about a custom length floating tv cabinet & they were happy to do it. I am yet to order it as I'm waiting until we move in & then work out exactly what we need.

https://www.justmodernfurniture.com.au

Anyone building a Monte Carlo with Wisdom?
CS199
Anyone building a Monte Carlo with Wisdom?

We did, had handover about a month ago. Feel free to shoot me any questions.

Hi guys, hope everyone is well

Just wondering, if at end panel stage you want to make additions and/or deletions, are you able to do this? And if so, would it incur admin costs? The end panel stage for us would not be until the end of the year (when land registers), and i may or may not want to add/change things by then (such a long way away and my tastes my change!
). Wondering if it was possible to amend at the End Panel stage?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum