Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our first build: "Bridgewater" by Gj's Shoalhaven

Page 55 of 59
Woo hoo it's all happening!!
Make sure your bank books in the valuer ahead of time and they get the completion certificates asap as they will delay the final payment being made, we are just scraping by as we were never told of this and are just getting it all in on time (within the two week timeframe is scraping) hoping it all comes together

Thanks you!

Our bank manager called as she noticed we were nearing our final payment. I promptly emailed the builder to ask for invoices and occupancy cert so I can forward to bank ready for 2.5 weeks time!!! Omg. Is it really only that long?!

When is your handover?

Awesome glad they are onto it for you we had to chase everyone then were told it was all sent to the broker they fired....
We get keys next Friday!!

Woo hoo!!!

How was your move? and the neighbuorhood? When we first moved within Sydney area, we chose the local movers of JB Removals. Jeff and the team are very approachable. They made our move stress free and smooth. I hope yours too!
latest update... as best we can given that windows are still blacked out

downpipes on, eaves painted, stone benchtops and sink installed.

they have flooring booked for Monday-wednesday next week so one would hope the painter pulls his finger out and finishes it so they can finish fix out before then...

supposedly we have 13 sleeps till handover...i hope it happens!
So the handover date has changed

The *insert expletive* painters didn't turn up for the week they were booked.
Given they are already a week over contract I gave them an extra 2 days only to finish it.

So handover is now the 30th at 8am. The same time the removalists are due to start the uplift.
We've also had to re schedule our furniture delivery.

However I've sent the final invoice off for processing. Phew!

Fixout is now scheduled for early next week and flooring late next week.
Inspection on Tuesday morning which I assume will be our pci. However we won't be able to check powerpoints etc coz it won't be done yet...not sure what to do there

Are you already over contract?
Hey Reg. We will be as of Monday.

needsausername
Hey Reg. We will be as of Monday.

Wow! that came quick... our builds are not as fast as it should be after all...lol
I know right!
It will happen. It will happen.
When is handover for you??

needsausername
I know right!
It will happen. It will happen.
When is handover for you??

Tentatively next Friday.. was suppose to happen today but the builder is not happy with a couple of things and would like it to be fixed before I do the inspection...
So happy for you guys!!! I was hoping to be having handover the same time as you both but the universe had something in store for us... delay after delay...

Can't wait to see all your moved pics

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Thanks charli bear. I haven't really been on lately. I've taken on a few tutoring students so that's been my weekday arvos. I'll catch-up on your thread tonight. I'm hopeful this weather event won't last and you can start to see some major progress soon!!!

I can't wait to move in and share pics cb.
I can't do any more shopping until I unpack and work out what we have first lol.

Painters weren't at it so much today but we have our garage door and auto opener.
Toilets and towel rails have arrived as has someone's range hood and stove top that is definitely not ours...

Still waiting on the very special people at the kitchen place to fix their simpleton error and replace my cupboard doors. Can you tell I'm losing my patience?
?‍♀️

In other news we've booked the removalist and we are talking with a few different concrete dudes to book in our driveway. Then it's Ariel, fencing and screen doors.

What happened with your cupboards?

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
The installer from the kitchen place installed the top two end cabinets in their opposite position so the doors open into the kitchen not out to the ends of that makes sense. And we have a semi gloss finish so you can see where they've strapped the cupboards down on the truck so I've requested the doors and carcasses to be replaced. I'm not happy with that finish and the carcasses need to be replaced coz there will be hinge holes in the incorrect side which will trap dirt and ick I imagine.
?‍♀️
Might sound like I'm being pedantic but I'm paying a lot of money for this house and I expect the cabinetry to not have holes in it coz they took an easy fix.

Guess what!! A fresh update

9 sleeps till handover and we have lights and fans!

Our bench tops
You can only see a little bit coz the island is covered from the painters.

Can't remember if I've posted a garage door pic or not lol

Mirrors and shower screens booked for this week. Flooring booked end of this week.

Just got to get the flipping painters back to finish their half job.
honestly I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Quality looks ok but it's only primer and ceilings done at this stage but they haven't been reliable at all. Grrrrr.

Oh and did I mention how much we are in love with our home?!

Charli I can't wait for you to be at this point.

Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum