Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Laguna 40 Kingston Sydney Northern Beaches

Page 55 of 66
Orpheus
Neville S
So I have officially been told SM has resigned. He will finish up at the end of the month. He hasn't heard if I will get a new SM yet but he will keep working on my site till a new one is appointed. I have booked in a walk through officially next Thursday. I was told glass guys will be in today and tomorrow and Sunday tilers should do the main areas.

Nev did you scare him off?

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645

Could have been me!!!

Guess you are going to miss having a mate to play hide-n-Seek with, Nev.
qldben
Guess you are going to miss having a mate to play hide-n-Seek with, Nev.

Ha ha yep, was a fun game.

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665
Sent from the palm of my hand.
Neville S
So I have officially been told SM has resigned. He will finish up at the end of the month. He hasn't heard if I will get a new SM yet but he will keep working on my site till a new one is appointed. I have booked in a walk through officially next Thursday. I was told glass guys will be in today and tomorrow and Sunday tilers should do the main areas.

If your new guy has initials TC (aka you get allocated same SM as I have) you'll be in very safe hands but any delay in my job and I'll be straight round to get him moved off

Build thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=78995
Neville S
Orpheus
Are those water stains or something else terrestrial?

@Orph

Um lets go with terrestrial, the mortar is stained also and it is like that in some other spots. I will try and get better photos on the week end of the other spots. Side note some more bricks turned up to fix some areas.

My Journey

Could be water stains as it appears that there are no eves covering that area. Are all the other stained areas in exposed areas?

Mink
Neville S
Orpheus
Are those water stains or something else terrestrial?

@Orph

Um lets go with terrestrial, the mortar is stained also and it is like that in some other spots. I will try and get better photos on the week end of the other spots. Side note some more bricks turned up to fix some areas.

My Journey

Could be water stains as it appears that there are no eves covering that area. Are all the other stained areas in exposed areas?

Yep most are exposed but would have thought after weeks of a lot of heat it would go. Oh we'll if it isn't right they will have to fix it.

My Journey
Neville S
Mink
Neville S
[quote="Orpheus"]Are those water stains or something else terrestrial?

@Orph

My Journey

Yep most are exposed but would have thought after weeks of a lot of heat it would go. Oh we'll if it isn't right they will have to fix it.

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665[/quote]

Call your brick supplier for their advice. We noticed similar for Blackbutt range & others and were told its from the salinity run off from water - areas that are not protected by eves.

What were the initials of your SM that resigned?

Mink
What were the initials of your SM that resigned?

NS

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M
Blog - North Shore Newhaven (http://nsnewhaven.blogspot.com.au)
Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85092
No real movement over the last 4 days, but the tillers were onsite starting the main floor at 5pm. I wonder what time they will finish, I am supposed to have a walk through tomorrow at 7am so let's see how they went.

My Journey
Neville S
No real movement over the last 4 days, but the tillers were onsite starting the main floor at 5pm. I wonder what time they will finish, I am supposed to have a walk through tomorrow at 7am so let's see how they went.

My Journey

So you got a new SM?

@Orph

No same SM and he rescheduled our meeting until next week
he actually rescheduled at 6:10am as tilers are laying down the main floor surely he would have known that yesterday. I did. Oh well if I find stuff wrong then they can rip it up.

So don't even think tilers were onsite today so rescheduling was a big waste.

Neville S
So don't even think tilers were onsite today so rescheduling was a big waste.

That must be super frustrating!!

On the plus side the tiles look great!

Build thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=78995
It's also good they took the skirting off to do the tiling!

@Orph

I was thinking the same. Did you have to request them to leave the skirting to after tiles is done?
You should enquire about it as each state and tiling company has different standards. I was told by my SM the new process for large tiles is to install skirting after tiling. Not sure if large tiles includes 6x6 but 8x8 tiles are?

@Orph

Yeah I just wanna know. Doesn't really apply to me since I'm doing tiles post hand over, and it's costing me cost me $2k (cash with the tradies) to come post and complete skirting and painting.
Wow that's steep price

@Orph

Related
30/05/2023
Montgomery Homes KD/R on Northern Beaches

Building A New House

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has built with Montgomery in the last few years on the Northern Beaches? I don't see the see them around, as I would love to ask how happy…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum