Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 532 of 579
z
MrsJM
15 months post handover.... the National Construction Mgr came down yesterday- second time. He is great and none of what has elapsed is his fault directly. But guess what... yep. MORE access required to be provided for Coral to come in and address the SAME defect list!!

It’s beyond a joke really, isn’t it! Where’s the supervision and quality control from the parties involved when these issues were scheduled to be addressed the first two times?

Windows inside need replacing still- still but ordered. Will require scaffold to be put up in my dining room.

As for my squeaky floor- our options are remove the PAX wardrobes (there’s nearly 6m of wardrobe!) so they can pull up the carpet and floor boards, or cut the carpet around the wardrobe to see if they can cut the floor and access the steel that way. Either way, no guarantee it can be fixed. Would you bother going through it if there was a good chance you would still have squeaks?

6 treads on the stair case including the lower platform need to be sanded back to bare again and stained and sealed....

They have stuffed the expansion joint so much on the back of the house he thinks the only way to make it look right is to paint the whole elevation....

The list is about 36 items. It’s insane.

I’m so exhausted from it. But I can’t give up now.

The lesson....? Don’t take possession until everything is right!!

Oh my goodness..... But you're right. You've come so far, may as well give it another shot.
We had an issue with our plumbing.. the plumber but the toilet pipes in the wrong spot prior to slab pour (back in October) 🙄 this has only now been finally rectified. Just wondering can anyone remember, or have pics as to whether they need to waterproof around the pipe where the toilet goes? The rest of the toilet has been waterproofed around the perimeter of the walls (it is a stand alone toilet, nothing else in the room). Thanks

Hey guys
Our roof tiles are different colours 😐 Bristile roofing have come out and had a look and have offered to paint the roof.
What do we do? Is this just a cheap cover up option, or is it a good option?
Our SS said the painting carries a 10 year warranty.... HELP!
Nicolle
We had an issue with our plumbing.. the plumber but the toilet pipes in the wrong spot prior to slab pour (back in October)
this has only now been finally rectified. Just wondering can anyone remember, or have pics as to whether they need to waterproof around the pipe where the toilet goes? The rest of the toilet has been waterproofed around the perimeter of the walls (it is a stand alone toilet, nothing else in the room). Thanks

Yes ours were waterproofed on upper floor. Can’t remember lower floor powder room. May be different if on lower floor

Yes ours were waterproofed on upper floor. Can’t remember lower floor powder room. May be different if on lower floor

Thanks
Dylandbrooke

Hey guys
Our roof tiles are different colours 😐 Bristile roofing have come out and had a look and have offered to paint the roof.

What did they actually say about the roof. Were the tiles from different batches.
I know that it usually cost around $5000 to paint a roof. Just need to make sure it is done by a professional.
I would ask how easy it is if you want to add solar panels in the future, as the paint kind of sticks the tiles to each other.
bestspecials
Dylandbrooke

Hey guys

What did they actually say about the roof. Were the tiles from different batches.
I know that it usually cost around $5000 to paint a roof. Just need to make sure it is done by a professional.
I would ask how easy it is if you want to add solar panels in the future, as the paint kind of sticks the tiles to each other.

Ahhh yes, i see. You're a wealth of knowledge!
Our SS didn't say anything about different batches - he just said he got Bristile to come out and look at the tiles, and they've offered to paint the roof.
We feel a bit pressured to choose the paint option - its the only option we've been given actually. And now we feel like we're buying a new house with dents that have been bogged up and sold to us as 'new' - if that makes any sense 🤔
Dylandbrooke

Hey guys

Personally I would not be accepting a painted roof, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to expect the roofer to rectify this issue.

I’m not sure what state you are in but this link is to fair trading’s guide to tolerances etc. It makes mention of irregularities of tiles so may be of use, refer page 37.

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/biz_r ... rances.pdf
Dylandbrooke
bestspecials
Dylandbrooke

Hey guys

Ahhh yes, i see. You're a wealth of knowledge!
Our SS didn't say anything about different batches - he just said he got Bristile to come out and look at the tiles, and they've offered to paint the roof.
We feel a bit pressured to choose the paint option - its the only option we've been given actually. And now we feel like we're buying a new house with dents that have been bogged up and sold to us as 'new' - if that makes any sense 🤔

If you aren't happy with the option, get them to fix it properly. The major problem would be that to remove and replace the roof, you would have to be extremely lucky with the weather.
I really don't think they would want to take the risk.
My parents and brother have had their roof painted and it looks great but that is on older houses.
bestspecials mrbiggens thank you both so much for your advice (and for the link mr). Ill ask to meet with our SS tomorrow and discuss options.
Hubby and I would really like the tiles to be new - not painted, as that's what we've paid for - we aren't keen on the cover up!
If our SS pushes the paint on us, we'll give our negotiating skills a go - i suck at it😣
Dylandbrooke
@bestspecials mrbiggens thank you both so much for your advice (and for the link mr). Ill ask to meet with our SS tomorrow and discuss options.
Hubby and I would really like the tiles to be new - not painted, as that's what we've paid for - we aren't keen on the cover up!
If our SS pushes the paint on us, we'll give our negotiating skills a go - i suck at it😣

I think you will negotiate quite well.
Wow. That is horrible to hear. I hate the fact there is no guarantee even after they come in and try to fix the problem.
MrsJM
15 months post handover.... the National Construction Mgr came down yesterday- second time. He is great and none of what has elapsed is his fault directly. But guess what... yep. MORE access required to be provided for Coral to come in and address the SAME defect list!!

It’s beyond a joke really, isn’t it! Where’s the supervision and quality control from the parties involved when these issues were scheduled to be addressed the first two times?

Windows inside need replacing still- still but ordered. Will require scaffold to be put up in my dining room.

As for my squeaky floor- our options are remove the PAX wardrobes (there’s nearly 6m of wardrobe!) so they can pull up the carpet and floor boards, or cut the carpet around the wardrobe to see if they can cut the floor and access the steel that way. Either way, no guarantee it can be fixed. Would you bother going through it if there was a good chance you would still have squeaks?

6 treads on the stair case including the lower platform need to be sanded back to bare again and stained and sealed....

They have stuffed the expansion joint so much on the back of the house he thinks the only way to make it look right is to paint the whole elevation....

The list is about 36 items. It’s insane.

I’m so exhausted from it. But I can’t give up now.

The lesson....? Don’t take possession until everything is right!!

Wow. That is horrible to hear. I hate the fact there is no guarantee even after they come in and try to fix the problem.
Dylandbrooke
@bestspecials mrbiggens thank you both so much for your advice (and for the link mr). Ill ask to meet with our SS tomorrow and discuss options.
If our SS pushes the paint on us, we'll give our negotiating skills a go - i suck at it

z
Hi All,

Just wondering what happens on PCI day. Our house is locked up and we are not able to view how the house looks from inside to find the defects. So, what happens on PCI day actually. On PCI day, do they give us the whole day to find the defects and at the end of the day report it to our SS or how does it work.

Can anyone give like a walkthrough as what happens on that day. Thank you
Has anyone got their TV Antenna through Coral or just done it afterwards?
bestspecials
We got ours included in our fixed price package

Coral - Marcoola 32
MrsJM
Dylandbrooke
If our SS pushes the paint on us, we'll give our negotiating skills a go - i suck at it

Keep in mind paint will be another maintenance issue for you. It may not wear evenly and so you don’t wait to be creating. A maintenance task by not pushing to have them replaced.

We had an issue with the colour of our flashing on the roof and their solution was to paint it- but I said noooooo because I’m sure after time painted colourbond would peel/fade/weather. I made them change it.

Stick to your guns and don’t make decisions based on time frames like I did.

Thanks Mrs! I 100% agree about paint not wearing evenly. At least if the actual tiles fade, they will all be faded together. I asked for the roof to be replaced... we'll see what happens next week 😫
bestspecials

We're getting ours done afterwards - our SC told us it's super easy to put it in ourselves, but as we're getting electrical done afterwards, thought we might as well get the lecco to do it while he's up there
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum