Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 527 of 828
singalg
NavyLion
Hi team,

Here's our update for the last 2 weeks.

1. Stage 03, week 8, ground floor bricks installed.

2. We had introduction from our brand new Site Supervisor, which we can talk too, he's very approachable and understandable.

For the past 2 weeks I give 10 out 10 score for our building progress and to the Wisdom Homes admin.

But, it does mean I will sitting pretty from then on, I will still keep pushing as I learned from the past.

Navy

Fantastic progress!
When you say week 8, is it week 8 from the day of slab or from production?

It's not from Product Estimation it's from the construction start or building commencement, my CSR gave me that period and when I received that within same week Wisdom Homes started the construction site, like site preparation, portable toilet, then week after excavation and filling. But then we lost 2 weeks after that as no progress, because my previous SS didn't call us until the 3rd week only. At this stage or this week were supposed to have and completed the scaffolding

But over all, the last 2 weeks were winning situation on our side.

HTH
NavyLion
singalg
NavyLion
Hi team,

2. We had introduction from our brand new Site Supervisor, which we can talk too, he's very approachable and understandable.

For the past 2 weeks I give 10 out 10 score for our building progress and to the Wisdom Homes admin.

But, it does mean I will sitting pretty from then on, I will still keep pushing as I learned from the past.

Navy

Fantastic progress!

It's not from Product Estimation it's from the construction start or building commencement, my CSR gave me that period and when I received that within same week Wisdom Homes started the construction site, like site preparation, portable toilet, then week after excavation and filling. But then we lost 2 weeks after that as no progress, because my previous SS didn't call us until the 3rd week only. At this stage or this week were supposed to have and completed the scaffolding

HTH
My site fence, site scrape went up just before xmas about 19th deck or so. So I'm about 14 or so weeks if you're counting from there and haven't even commenced bricks
. Construction date was around 15th Jan though. Mark is onto my case though. Let's see if theres a way they can make up time. Good to see ur smooth progress though, hope it rubs over !!

doosra
NavyLion

HTH

My site fence, site scrape went up just before xmas about 19th deck or so. So I'm about 14 or so weeks if you're counting from there and haven't even commenced bricks
. Construction date was around 15th Jan though. Mark is onto my case though. Let's see if theres a way they can make up time. Good to see ur smooth progress though, hope it rubs over !!

I feel you mate, I am looking for a words but all I can say is 'not acceptable' .

May be you can negotiate to the CSO, this behaviour should be stop now. Then may be they can push your project to finish within 7 or 8 months, not 10 months.

Good luck!
NavyLion
doosra
NavyLion

HTH

I feel you mate, I am looking for a words but all I can say is 'not acceptable' .

May be you can negotiate to the CSO, this behaviour should be stop now. Then may be they can push your project to finish within 7 or 8 months, not 10 months.

Good luck!
Thanks mate. Mark is onto the case so fingers crossed for positive outcomes moving forward

NavyLion
singalg
NavyLion
Hi team,

Navy

Fantastic progress!

HTH

Thanks Navylion
Jordann
Grats everyone on your progress.

After many delays I'm glad to say we have received our keys today. There are a few things which needs to be finalised, but its great that we're finally done.

While we were at Wisdom head office, we asked for a tour of the Canvas Quarter, WoW the place is great and is massive. It's great that Wisdom has created this all in one place for selections.

Everything is there, tiles, bathroom, kitchen, landscaping, electrical, they even have a home theatre. Kind of wished we're building right now. Great work Wisdom.

Here's a few photo's from today.

Here's a few photo's of the Canvas Quarter.

Congrats Jordann on your beautiful home! You must feel so happy to be finally moving in. Love your bathroom!!!! Keep those pics coming!

All these fabulous looking houses being finished and great updates from current builds gives me a huge amount of confidence for my own when it starts.
Our frames as expected are up and we received the invoice as well. I have been advised that half of the bricks are onsite (Is that how its works? half now and half later).

I will be updated on brickies schedule sometime this week. Hopefully brick work will start next week. Will keep you guys posted. This is 9th week from site scrape & 7th from slab!
aaron2008
Our frames as expected are up and we received the invoice as well. I have been advised that half of the bricks are onsite (Is that how its works? half now and half later).

I will be updated on brickies schedule sometime this week. Hopefully brick work will start next week. Will keep you guys posted. This is 9th week from site scrape & 7th from slab!

Hi aaron2008

Yep... they will have up to 2/3 of the bricks delivered first (depending on how much space there is).
This week will have plumbers on site to install hot and cold water lines and also tap for the brickies. And your electricity mains will be connected.
Then the brickies will start... exciting times ahead.
I was so impressed to see the brickies working away this morning.
Our SS said it can take upto 4 weeks to complete brick stage.
Hey All, quick question about Prestige package and wise choice promotion.
Is outdoor leisure (alfresco) included in the 35/sqm allowance for tiling / flooring?

Building Ambassador 36 - Wisdom Homes
I have the highest package - not sure what it’s called to be honest. Doesn’t include alfresco tiling
Thanks Manhattan52.

I have checked my paper work and cant see any mention of it either.
Don't know why my wife and I thought it was all included. Didn't want this unexpected expense at this stage!!

I thought it was also included. I found out at my tiling appointment even though it’s not listed in the tender/contract etc I just didn’t think about it.
Maybe do it afterwards?
ajayshekar
Thanks Manhattan52.

I have checked my paper work and cant see any mention of it either.
Don't know why my wife and I thought it was all included. Didn't want this unexpected expense at this stage!!

There are things that you find out about from reading this forum top to bottom and back again. Things that aren’t always obvious and are extremely helpful.

I recall there was some fine print (not sure where) excluding the alfresco...

Yeah so many small things to look for and consider.
Wise choice promotion says whole house flooring included. But in the fine print it says alfresco not included.
Perhaps they need to word it better.

Oh well, I'm sorta happy that I can now get decking done.

ajayshekar
Is outdoor leisure (alfresco) included in the 35/sqm allowance for tiling / flooring?

No alfresco is not included.
Jordann
ajayshekar

Jordann, did you only get provisions for downlights through W, and installed them yourself. If yourself, do you need an electrician to install them?
singalg
Jordann
ajayshekar

Jordann, did you only get provisions for downlights through W, and installed them yourself. If yourself, do you need an electrician to install them?
I have got only provisions from W too. I plan to install myself. The provisions come as 3 pin socket. We just need to plug in the down light and push it in the cut out.
So dont need an electrician.

Thanks Ajayshekar.
What are the downpipes made of?

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum