Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 525 of 778
Need2know: We moved from a small house, so can't help you with a larger house. 1sttimebuilding mentioned Finch removals.

Cody: Its good to know that they are repainting your house and hopefully they come back to you about your waterfall edge cracking.
Yeah definitely. Apparently the first painter has just shown up...the whole house is being painted today (if they have the right paint this time AND if they have time!?).

It wouldnt be right if things ran smoothly.
Hang on. how can they properly paint a whole house in one day? Unless there are few of them there doing rooms simultaneously? Have they at least taped up the skirting and cornices like they are supposed to? Fingers crossed that its a job well done this time. I would check paint cans if you get the chance
So it turns out that guy who came at 11 (after two other jobs) hadnt been instructed that it was the whole house to be done. He had to go to taubmans to get the paint because he had none and no paperwork. He was very good but after all the stuffing around we only have our bedroom, ensuite and one wall in the living room painted as he clocked off at 3:30 (which is fair enough).

The guy he works for is apparently sending a crew early tomorrow morning to finish the job. We will have to wait and see. The quality of the proper paint is so much better!!!

Despite telling our "maintenance" guy about our stone crack and scuff marks (from pci), neither of these are fixed as the stone guys didnt have the material they needed to fix either. They also said the waterfall edging is no longer mitred like this due to frequently cracking.

Could have done a half day at work after all! I cannot wait until we no longer have to deal with Eden Brae. Nice house, but we are running out of annual leave to use for their mistakes.
Cody Drysdale
The guy he works for is apparently sending a crew early tomorrow morning to finish the job. We will have to wait and see. The quality of the proper paint is so much better!!!

Came back at 8:30 with two other people. I'm pretty happy with that! Not the easiest to communicate with but I think we are getting there
Cody Drysdale
Cody Drysdale

Came back at 8:30 with two other people. I'm pretty happy with that! Not the easiest to communicate with but I think we are getting there

Good news! I hope they get it all done for you today.

We got our council approval yesterday... yay!!! We are removing a large tree and thought it would all take longer or we would need to fight the case a bit on it. So relieved its gone through painlessly!

Now we need to find somewhere else to live so this place can be demolished.

Baulkham Hills - I noticed a new Eden Brae house going up down the road from you. It looks like a lincoln so I am looking forward to seeing the progress of it going up.
To hob or not to hob? To those that have finished their build & moved in can you offer me any advice on tiled shower hobs? Has anyone gone with no shower hob, and if so do you have a problem with water leaking onto the main floor after a shower? I would prefer to go without the shower hob, but not if it means the floor is always wet/needing to be mopped up!
We went with no hob and have a semi frameless shower. There is no water leakage from shower. Just normal water on floor after stepping from shower in and out when wet.
Going without a hob just means that the angle of the tiles towards the drain needs to be spot on otherwise you will get puddling... should not be a problem.
kim_kdr
Cody Drysdale
Cody Drysdale

Good news! I hope they get it all done for you today.
Congrats! Great news. Hope demo is as smooth as possible.

The painters did an excellent job today. I cannot fault them at all. Our door which had been damaged before handover (strange dusty mortar splashes) has been sanded back and re stained. I am REALLY happy with it. The painters were even game enough to paint our lintels without me needing to restrain my two dogs (rottweiler and a beagle).
We went hobless, although we haven't moved in yet. There is about 1cm or so of metal sticking up through the tiles where the showerscreen will be, which I assume would control some waterflow as well. Dunno if it stays there when they install the screen.

What we were originally going to ask for was the shower floor to be recessed into the slab, so you have to step down into the shower, but the sales guy didn't really understand what we meant and wrote down hobless.
CodyD Glad that the painters turned up to finish the house and that you're happy with the end result

Kim Great to hear about the tree and that things are moving along for you guys. My partner told me about the EB house going up down the road from us. I haven't been down there myself so might take a sticky beak one day before work
there are so many things to do after handover. i was pretty much busy with getting some electrical work done last few weeks. our landscaping going to start next week hopefully.

luckily i didn't ask eden brae to do too much electrical work. i could save heaps getting it done from outside.

who else waiting to move in or finished ur PCI recently ?
Has anyone experience issues with the tapware on there house. We have a fixed tapware on the basin, but the issue is it is too lengthy. We house was not on display and the one we looked at (different house) had small tapware. Do you think cook will chnage the tapware?
Needtoknow... Did you get standard tapware or upgrade?

We went with the standard in the lifestyle range... I personally don't have issues with it. I have mixers in all areas including the laundry and the spouts are fine in all areas. They are long enough to pour water into the basins and don't splash around the basin. We only upgraded the ensuite shower head and added a towel rack in that appointment.
Need2know
Has anyone experience issues with the tapware on there house. We have a fixed tapware on the basin, but the issue is it is too lengthy. We house was not on display and the one we looked at (different house) had small tapware. Do you think cook will chnage the tapware?

Yes, we had that issue and EBH changed it! Far too long for our vanity basins.One could have knocked teeth out when washing your face first thing in the morning and I would have constantly been cleaning toothpaste spitout off the spout!
http://kerithsedenbraehouse.blogspot.co ... /bathrooms
Try this link
Kerith
Need2know

Yes, we had that issue and EBH changed it! Far too long for our vanity basins.One could have knocked teeth out when washing your face first thing in the morning and I would have constantly been cleaning toothpaste spitout off the spout!

We have the long tapware. Was very upset about this last year as the basin that they gave us had an edge that was massive. The only tap that was long enough to pass the thick edge was the long one. We couldn't find an alternative that would work. It's not nice seeing your kids thump their heads against the taps. We have their foot stools either side of the basin now and constantly remind them about the tap. Very frustrating! Also because of the length of the tap we can't wash our face in the middle of the basin. Have to tilt to the side, but water is still splashed all over the place.

It's a very poor design selection on the part of EBH team
My spouts are standard but they are not fixed spouts, I can swivel them across the basin. So they can be in the centre of the basin or on the side. I just checked all spouts move around the basin so I can choose where the water goes.
Hi everyone,

We've got our tiling appointment at Di Lorenzo this Saturday. Do you choose your kitchen splashback tiles at this appointment? Or is it only flooring and bathrooms? As we haven't had our kitchen appointment yet we're struggling to decide what colour splashback tiles we'll go with until kitchen colours are locked in.

Thanks,
Hayley
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum