Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 524 of 579
Ryan2007
Just some update pics no PCI yet but we are hopping we will get something this coming week!

Looks great mate. We’re doing a straight set of stairs also in open tread but haven’t got a complete quote of costing for it. Can I ask what yours was at all?
Hey thank you! Of course so we removed a wall and added the bulastraide on one side and all up it was around the $6k mark which included the upgrade of a stain grade timber! I think if you want glass like they usually have in the show rooms they said it would be an extra $7k but we are happy with the stainless stringers.
It has come together really well. Looks awesome. Hope PCI happens soon.
Thanks Hun I don't think it will be long now the wait is nearly over!
Ryan2007
Hey thank you! Of course so we removed a wall and added the bulastraide on one side and all up it was around the $6k mark which included the upgrade of a stain grade timber! I think if you want glass like they usually have in the show rooms they said it would be an extra $7k but we are happy with the stainless stringers.

That’s reasonable. We have been given a rough upgrade allowance of 4K for our stair case but we are aiming for a centre Black metal post with wire bulastrade. I’m hoping it will come in under 10k allup which should be achievable. What timber is yours?
Looks fantastic! Really hope you get a date soon 🤞

The timber is duran think there may be a pic of the raw timber on my posts similar to meranti has a pinky sandy colour!
Bridgetwitch
Hi again my fellow Coral builders!

Has anyone been unhappy with their SC and requested another one? Do you still deal with your SC once you go to contract, or is everything then done by head office?

Thanks lovelies,
B ?

Hi Bridgetwitch

May I ask who is your SC? i am in the same boat we are not happy with our SC.
Marcoola32_GC
Bridgetwitch

Has anyone been unhappy with their SC and requested another one? Do you still deal with your SC once you go to contract, or is everything then done by head office?

Thanks lovelies,
B ?

Hi Bridgetwitch

We ended up ditching Coral - it turned into such a fiasco! We are building with Hallmark Homes now and saved ourselves $20k on site costs.

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Bridgetwitch
Marcoola32_GC
Bridgetwitch

Thanks lovelies,
B ?

Hi Bridgetwitch

We ended up ditching Coral - it turned into such a fiasco! We are building with Hallmark Homes now and saved ourselves $20k on site costs.

- B

forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=872

Ah ok Thanks. It seems like we're about to do the same thing as you. Our SC was only good when we first signed our prelim contracts. Did you go to Upper Coomera?
Marcoola32_GC
Bridgetwitch
Marcoola32_GC
[quote="Bridgetwitch"]Hi again my fellow Coral builders!

Thanks lovelies,
B ?

Hi Bridgetwitch

- B

forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=872

Ah ok Thanks. It seems like we're about to do the same thing as you. Our SC was only good when we first signed our prelim contracts. Did you go to Upper Coomera?[/quote]

We lost a bit of cash by leaving Coral as we already had plans drawn up, but it was worth it. We are building at PineVue Maudsland, but went through Hallmark at Pimpama. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

- B

forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Seems we have a little problem.
Our owner supplied appliances are being installed in 2 weeks, trying to get insurance organised for them, as we were told they weren’t insured by corals insurance.
However no one will touch us until we officially handover, as the builder has insurance on the property.
I don’t know what to do...

You could delay installation until after handover or take the risk of not having items insured.
Has anyone here built the Grange with IT hub option and if yes can you please post a pic of it? Ours does not look right & we have no shelf either

xjanex
Seems we have a little problem.
Our owner supplied appliances are being installed in 2 weeks, trying to get insurance organised for them, as we were told they weren’t insured by corals insurance.
However no one will touch us until we officially handover, as the builder has insurance on the property.
I don’t know what to do...

I had my owner supplied appliances delivered about a week before installation. My insurer covered them as contents first while they sat in the garage, then covered as part of the home once they got installed.

How many weeks did it take to build your home? trying to get an idea
LovedaPopcorn
6 months, Jan 2017 to June 2017 in NSW.

LovedaPopcorn

16 weeks at my request, was still renting and didnt want to break lease, so asked ss to slow the build down. Would have taken 11/12 weeks if I let it run its course. Ended up moving in 3 weeks after handover.

LovedaPopcorn

13-14 weeks for us, Noosa 23
Things are absolutely flying along at the moment. 22metres of Retaining wall is done, ended up costing us $10k due to extra excavation required. I don't mind though because the landscaper has done a really great job.

Footings are already poured today even though the retaining wall didn't finish till yesterday. Our SS is top notch
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum