Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 53 of 73
blackcat20
Doulton777
Great progress. So fast I bet you can’t wait too move in. Did you get a better pic of the stairs?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Just this one

Great thanks
. My daughter who is also building with m. But she’s building the Claremont Wants to get the stainless steel balustrade. But I was telling her to get the black instead. I think it looks much better.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
blackcat20
Doulton777
Great progress. So fast I bet you can’t wait too move in. Did you get a better pic of the stairs?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Just this one

Great thanks
. My daughter who is also building with m. But she’s building the Claremont Wants to get the stainless steel balustrade. But I was telling her to get the black instead. I think it looks much better.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We're really happy with the standard staircase, it actually looks quite good.
Entertaining myself with landscaping ideas while we wait.

I want to keep things simple and low maintenance, especially as I'll have other things to keep me busy next year.
blackcat20

I want to keep things simple and low maintenance, especially as I'll have other things to keep me busy next year.

that looks great blackcat20, what program have you used to do this?
shokel1975
blackcat20

that looks great blackcat20, what program have you used to do this?
Just Paint 3D.

Dirty fill is being removed!

Theyre also leaving us a pallet of spare bricks to use as we wish (husband wants to use them as pavers etc).

As far as I can tell all thats left is:
Glad to hear the progress, Getting closer to the day.
Fingers crossed we can move in over cup weekend. I'm keen to get my veggie garden planted for summer.
blackcat20
Fingers crossed we can move in over cup weekend. I'm keen to get my veggie garden planted for summer.

lol, It will happen fast, are you also planning to put a lemon tree ?
Wild
blackcat20

lol, It will happen fast, are you also planning to put a lemon tree ?

Yes, I have a lemon, apricot and fig tree ready to go in the back yard. The fig already has a nice small crop on it this year, and the apricot has doubled in size since I bought it.

My grandpa always said you dont plant tomatoes before Cup day, so we should be right on time.
We've got a lemon in a wine barrel that's desperate to get into the ground, we get maybe 100 lemons off or per year. Got it from Aldi of all places

Drew01
We've got a lemon in a wine barrel that's desperate to get into the ground, we get maybe 100 lemons off or per year. Got it from Aldi of all places

Nice! Mines only a baby (bought a month or so back) so no fruit yet.
Final invoice finally in hand. Here's hoping we get a handover date next.
Hi Blackcat, I remember you have your Clipsal switches changed to HPM without your knowledge. My husband found out that in our building permit, there was a clause stating the change but without informing us as well. Did M change yours back to Clipsal? We prefer Clipsal than HPM and we have signed off with Clipsal during our colour appointment. We haven't seen the real things yet but would think they would have installed HPM instead.

Kimmykim
Hi Blackcat, I remember you have your Clipsal switches changed to HPM without your knowledge. My husband found out that in our building permit, there was a clause stating the change but without informing us as well. Did M change yours back to Clipsal? We prefer Clipsal than HPM and we have signed off with Clipsal during our colour appointment. We haven't seen the real things yet but would think they would have installed HPM instead.

We weren't informed either despite it being a clause in the contract. Hasn't been changed and I expect it won't as HPM is now the contracted supplier for M. Husband is very disappointed.

Hi blackcat20 We are planning to build with Metricon and Winchester 28 is on our list, just trying to get an idea on total cost. How much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking. Our budget is 350K, do you think it would be enough?
sparekh
Hi blackcat20 We are planning to build with Metricon and Winchester 28 is on our list, just trying to get an idea on total cost. How much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking. Our budget is 350K, do you think it would be enough?

Ours ended up just a touch over $300 but we were very selective with what we upgraded. We basically went mid-range. Doing all our own lighting (husband is a sparky), kept the basic staircase and flooring etc. Basic facade but added the alfresco instead.
It really depends what you want from your house.
blackcat20
sparekh

Ours ended up just a touch over $300 but we were very selective with what we upgraded. We basically went mid-range. Doing all our own lighting (husband is a sparky), kept the basic staircase and flooring etc. Basic facade but added the alfresco instead.

that's good to know. it gives an idea. I and wife as a meeting for quote with Metricon tomorrow, that should give an idea. Is 300K including your site cost?
sparekh
blackcat20
sparekh

that's good to know. it gives an idea. I and wife as a meeting for quote with Metricon tomorrow, that should give an idea. Is 300K including your site cost?

Yes including site costs. $323k was the total.
Supervisor update and good news finally.

Fixes are 99% done, just need the chip in the front door frame to be done. Rubble has all been removed from the back yard.
Occupancy inspection happens tomorrow. The sooner we get the certificate, the sooner our bank releases the cheque. Once we have that they will book in appliances, with the aim to get us keys by the end of next week.
Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum