Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 516 of 778
Hassanbegg what's ur schedule for this week before settlement mate?

did they clean ur house and brick? i just realized none of the privacy lock working from inside when i try to push the little lock after close the door. but it does work when door is not closed. are they intentionally keep them like that until settlement or its problem with the door handle..not sure

don't know why EB kept cleaning schedule our house the day of our settlement. do they clean it on the day of settlement ?
NSharma
We went to Di Lorenzo today with a sample the carpet.
It truly is a different colour to what we chose..
Carpet on left is what we were supposed to get and carpet on right matches the sample on the bottom..

The sales woman at DL agreed that it was the wrong colour..
Will email the proof to SS tonight for him to action. He has already contacted DL to let them know there may be an issue so it should be resolved fairly quickly..

OMG NSHARMA I WANT TO GO TO DL WITH MINE!!!!! they actually got it wrong, i seriously feel like ours is wrong too.

Can you PM the pictures to me? We chose Patella. But then scared it will be what we chose.
I will totally make the effort and go there on the weekend. Now I am excited.

So what will happen now? Will they re-install, refund (ha who are we kidding, wish we could get refunds sometimes).

Great pickup. We picked our colours in July 2013, so I think we should totally check it out.

Did you see a delivery invoice on what colour was chosen?
oronno
Hassanbegg what's ur schedule for this week before settlement mate?

did they clean ur house and brick? i just realized none of the privacy lock working from inside when i try to push the little lock after close the door. but it does work when door is not closed. are they intentionally keep them like that until settlement or its problem with the door handle..not sure

don't know why EB kept cleaning schedule our house the day of our settlement. do they clean it on the day of settlement ?

Hi oronno, our settlement is due this Thursday, house bricks were cleaned a few weeks ago but I picked a few spots where they need to clean bricks bit more. SS mentioned about the loose locks during PCI that settlement day he will be replacing all these temporary locks with the new ones. We also visited our house Saturday evening – and found none of the issues we picked during PCI were addressed as yet. Not sure how and when they are going to fix all those issues in 2,3 days.
Final house cleaning from in and out is normally done a day before
Final payment has just been released this morning, we have packed up everything and removalists are booked for Thursday afternoon.
firsttimers2013
NSharma
We went to Di Lorenzo today with a sample the carpet.
It truly is a different colour to what we chose..
Carpet on left is what we were supposed to get and carpet on right matches the sample on the bottom..

The sales woman at DL agreed that it was the wrong colour..
Will email the proof to SS tonight for him to action. He has already contacted DL to let them know there may be an issue so it should be resolved fairly quickly..

OMG NSHARMA I WANT TO GO TO DL WITH MINE!!!!! they actually got it wrong, i seriously feel like ours is wrong too.

Can you PM the pictures to me? We chose Patella. But then scared it will be what we chose.
I will totally make the effort and go there on the weekend. Now I am excited.

So what will happen now? Will they re-install, refund (ha who are we kidding, wish we could get refunds sometimes).

Great pickup. We picked our colours in July 2013, so I think we should totally check it out.

Did you see a delivery invoice on what colour was chosen?

If you feel that it is wrong then def go and check it out.
Have you got the off cuts of the carpet they have laid? They should have left them somewhere..
Just take a sample piece with you to DL and compare it to the one you chose during your flooring appt. That's all we did.. Found the one we chose and compared it to the off cut we took from the house.. Then we matched the off cut with the matching sample at DL.. If its wrong then take pics and send to your SS. Make sure to include the specs on the back of the sample like we did. If you show them hard evidence there is nothing they can say..
Our SS commended us on getting the proof, which made his job alot easier in getting DL to admit it was their fault.
Saw SS today and DL called him whilst we were there asking if we wanted the carpet changed.... of course we do! I guess we could have left it and fought for a credit but we wanted the carpet we chose.... Would have annoyed me everytime i saw it haha
If yours is wrong and you do want a credit make sure your SS gets them to admit its wrong first

Our carpets will be changed. DL will call SS tomorrow and advise when they will be rectifying this
We had our PCI today!
No major issues with us, besides our carpets, just cosmetic imperfections ie paint, gyprock and cleaning...
SS has already got the tradies scheduled to come in these next few days to fix it all
Overall was very pleased with how it went. Really happy with our SS and what he has done.

I had to chase up our bank today as they haven't done the final valuation yet. I got them to lock it in for tmw.. Hopefully it wont delay our final payment

Final inspection and settlement is next Wed... We need to be out of our place by the Fri so we'll be rushing around non stop from Wed onwards..

At least we'll have a long weekend to get things in order..
NSharma
We had our PCI today!
No major issues with us, besides our carpets, just cosmetic imperfections ie paint, gyprock and cleaning...
SS has already got the tradies scheduled to come in these next few days to fix it all
Overall was very pleased with how it went. Really happy with our SS and what he has done.

I had to chase up our bank today as they haven't done the final valuation yet. I got them to lock it in for tmw.. Hopefully it wont delay our final payment

Final inspection and settlement is next Wed... We need to be out of our place by the Fri so we'll be rushing around non stop from Wed onwards..

At least we'll have a long weekend to get things in order..

Congratulations NSharma, it's great that you are moving in next week.

Bank has done valuation for our house Friday last week and they have released final funds to Eden Brae this morning already.

Building Hamilton 31 with Eden Brae in Oran Park http://hassanbeggbuildinghamilton31eden ... gspot.com/
Hi,

Can anyone who had their home completed with EBH tell me if they have the skirting in the garage installed with a gap from floor?

I have just visited my home site and saw this weird skirting installation in my garage. My site supervisor told me that it was because the garage floor is lower than the door base, the skirting has to be installed in line with the door. That may be right, but he also told me that it is not the builder's responsibility to deal with the gap between the skirting and the garage floor. He said it is standard that way and it is the same for all the home he has built or even with the display homes. He told me that if I want to do something with the gap, I would have to do it myself.

I visited many display homes but did not see this kind of skirting installation in the garage (properly because most of the garages in display homes are used for office purpose or are not accessible). Just wondering if anyone who had their home completed has this same kind of skirting installation in their garage?

Thanks.
Nsharma good luck getting carpet fixed. We had PCI today too. Who is your SS?

Hdle we have skirting off floor too. Looks a bit weird but it's just a garage anyway. Makes sense what they say about having skirting where door will finish
Congrats to those that have had PCI and that are getting ready for settlement

Yes our skirting is off the floor in the garage as well. There's a big gap, and I did think that it looked weird during inspection, but I don't even notice it now when the cars are in. I just get out of car and make a bee line for the door, without giving the skirting a second thought.
thought DL gave us wrong carpet. went to DL yesterday and found that it was correct one but showroom one finishing more nicer and smooth. even sunlight can make confuse with the colour.

can anybody tell me the final inspection Tyrells does, and after they issue certificate on settlement day, does that means all issues has been resolved. can i rely on that certificate before settlement ?
Congrats Nsharma and Renski
Oronno, I think Tyrells does one more inspection at presettlement to make sure that anything that they list on their PCI sheet has been done/rectified (maybe check with your SS about this??).

You should also be going in for a presettlement inspection just before you go into the office to get your keys. You have to sign off on the PCI sheet to make sure that everything that has been listed has been done. If things are not done to your liking or fixed properly then you can delay settlement if you are not in a massive hurry to move.
BH thanks for getting back to me... well i looked at tyrells final inspection report...most of them marked as "Need attention" ...i spoke to my SS and he said he has fixed most of the problem and tyrells will do final check before provide certificate. we couldn't find anything major in our PCI apart from paint and gyprock issues. im guessing tyrells won't provide certificate unless the issues has been rectified otherwise they will be responsible later on. still i will give an inspection before pickup the key.
Does anyone knows a good landscaper around Hills area or the ponds?
Need2know
Does anyone knows a good landscaper around Hills area or the ponds?

Do it yourself and save lots of money..
check out our blog..
If I can help I will, just PM me..
Regards
Phil
Hi all,

Council has come back with the DA for me approved, however I've noticed they applied a BAL 29 for my home. Has anyone experienced what EB does once they recieved the approval? Do they advise you of the requirements for your home? Do they give you options etc.

Thanks.
M
I think they will look up what the requirements for bal 29 is and add the items into your tender / raise a variation for the additional cost.

Do you have an indication in regards to costings?
Not for bal 29, ours was bal 12.5, added 6-8k to the tender....

mystro
Do you have an indication in regards to costings?

I would say aprox. 10K
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum