Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Sekisui House - St George

Page 52 of 82
Kitchen pantry doors are fitted and stone top still missing should have come last week!! Some kitchen cabinets doors still missing.

No gyprock under staircase! I did ask SS if they are going to put gyprock and he said NO!! its will look very untidy and does not feel finish.
Silding doors are fitted in ... soon I may not be able to enter.
Missing brick and no connection joint.
We are getting steps for laundry door and garage back door. Otherwise will not pass inspection. I wanted small deck.... same level stepping out .

Small delivery. Towel rails are short ( 600mm). Not happy.
Looks awesome progress compared to ours where week after week nothing seems to change!
Do you have a cupboard under the stairs? We do so I guess if ours are left with no gyprock we won’t see it hopefully. Also do you have temporary external doors up? And I never thought about towel rail sizes but in the main ensuite and family bathroom we are having heated towel rails so should be ok with those ones.
oooh looks excellent
trimum
Looks awesome progress compared to ours where week after week nothing seems to change!
Do you have a cupboard under the stairs? We do so I guess if ours are left with no gyprock we won’t see it hopefully. Also do you have temporary external doors up? And I never thought about towel rail sizes but in the main ensuite and family bathroom we are having heated towel rails so should be ok with those ones.

Hubby wants to keep all data cables terminated under stairs... I like it, out of sight.

Except from garage door, all other doors are fitted in.

About towel rails...thinking of going to Bunning and get longer rails, than hide the short one they have delivered.

With our last SS everythings was going very fast-paced, which lead me to think we may possible have hand over by end of Oct. Now we are back to snail's pace... at this rate I don't even see getting in by x-mas.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Shazza even though some things are missing it's all looking great!!
really like those tall pantry doors

Leveled deck would be nice. Hmm but you have the aircon slab not far from the doors. You'll have to step off the deck at some point anyway

Great idea with the towel rails too!! Do it!!
Looking great

I really hope you are in by Xmas it will really give me hope that we will be able to finally complete too although my head is still saying Easter finish for us.
Yep do it with the towel rails!!!

Deck is a great idea. It'd look lovely. A girl i followed with a house up here did it in a similar place. Looked good.
I am disappointed with our towel rails too, they are 600mm. I didn't think to check them before. You can only fit one towel on them!! We can fit another rail in each bathroom, so we just bought two more and my husband will put them up.
Yay for kitchen cabinets!! Looks great!!
Our under-stairs area has plasterboard and flooring, so maybe double check that info from your SS.

We have our data hub under the stairs too.
Update for the week ..... nothing much happen. carpenters were working on architrave on windows and skirting boards run out to finish for ground floor. More skirting boards delivered yesterday.

Main entry door fixed with lock. AND all those door handles and towel rails went MISSING!!!
I don't know if SS has taken away for safe or carpenters has took them.

SS is waiting for tilers.... they should come soon ..... will they come next week.... NO.

We got hit by a large sum of invoice " Fixing out claim- when we reach fixing-out or 85% complete"

I'm confused with the term " Fixing out".
To my understanding at this stage tiling for wet area should be finished, kitchen stove and oven installed. Bathroom taps ware and all door handles fixed in. None of these are finish!!!

Please can anyone explain what is "fixing out stage"

I would think fixing out includes all fixings too but our contract says ‘fixing out OR 85% completed’ I guess they can make a judgement as to whether they believe the house is 85% complete based on the work done even if not all the fixings are complete.
It’s a tricky one. We haven’t even received a pre linings invoice yet although I know that will be coming. I’m not sure whether to argue about the eves not being complete under the alfresco and garage roof but will probably pay it as soon as it comes through. I don’t think we have paid an invoice since March/April!
Hey, I went back and checked our invoices. Basically we were at the same stage as you when we got our fixing invoice. Benchtop and tiling not done. It was issued very close to 'enclosed'. I wish more work was done before the fixing invoice was issued, but we were happy to pay based on the joneses' timeline and the fact that enclosed claim was quite late.

Thanks trimum and ehhc for helping me to think clear, I will go ahead and pay that invoice. With the very last invoice i'm going to hold out until they finished everything.
I'm very disappointed that not much activities last week.

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum