Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Build - GJ Gardener Bridgewater

Page 52 of 54
Good work Shell!
Killing it with the fencing shell!!

Did you get the one split system?

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
It's in, cement truck gone and we can after 4 days sit and relax. The foundation hard work is done.

This is the infill panels

Now to put the sleepers in then panels for the fence.

CB - it's a 8kw split system, prefect size for our living area. The house cools down fairly quickly once night falls so bedrooms are fine. If we have a heatwave, can always sleep in the lounge, dining or family rooms that it covers.

Awesome! What an achievement already!

Well done shell!

I'd love aircon but it's going to be a while before we get it, I want solar first

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Awesome work Shel!...
charlibear
Well done shell!

I'd love aircon but it's going to be a while before we get it, I want solar first

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Maybe you should lock in a supplier Charli...govt rebates about to end and they can get your rebate now and install/pay later when it's ready. That's what I was going to do (before I remembered I'm poor now) lol my solar will be years away! Bit bummed but what can ya do!

deejay08
charlibear
Well done shell!

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Maybe you should lock in a supplier Charli...govt rebates about to end and they can get your rebate now and install/pay later when it's ready. That's what I was going to do (before I remembered I'm poor now) lol my solar will be years away! Bit bummed but what can ya do!

Not sure about other states but in Victoria, it is the date you install the panels not the date you sign the contract to install and pay any deposit...

The increase is price after Dec - 31 is around $250 for a 5kw system...I am planning to put some panels after handover...
Nsw is different reg. You get the rebate when you sign on for them. I was going to get 10kw system with integral energy. All I had to do was sign on the line.

Retaining wall for fence is done

Now to install the geofabric and drainage then I can fill. However the high corner won't be filled - it's a storm water pit, so planning to build a patio over it to level it with the rest of the yard.

Looks so good Shell, lots of work being done at your place!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Looks awesome Shell!!!

Hey shell, did you recess all sliding doors or just the ones going out to the alfresco

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Looks fantastic! I'm so over fencing after 2years of it but we still have the backyard to do yet - just waiting for the posts to be ready!

2 years
were you fencing paddocks for the horses?

viewtopic.php?t=83643
2 years of fencing -
I would be over it to.

CB, just the alfresco, I left my laundry as it's just the laundry. We plan to put a floating wooden floor deck over it one day and then the floor will be flat.

I only recessed our corner stackers then realised hat our activity also goes out onto the alfresco and we have recessed it so I asked to raise a variation on Friday to make it recessed also... hopefully I don't get hit with their admin fee for asking now

viewtopic.php?t=83643
They were going to charge me about $105, but I reminded them they said they would do it free and they took it off. So shouldn't be to much for you.

My trees have finally been planted out.

I also built the front retaining wall myself today.

Hubby spent the day moving soil around on a toro digger.

Just need to keep spreading it. So far we have had 40m3 of top soil delivered. We will need some more for the other side of the house.

Starting to finally look like a yard we can use.

Woooah that's a lot of soil!!! Great work on the retaining wall and your trees look beautiful sweeping down will look awesome when finished :$

Follow my build

viewtopic.php?t=83885
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum