Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Another Daydream 30 Coral Homes Build :-)

Page 52 of 52
Wow Shanniidc your house and land is amazing just read through this thread from start to finish and love the updates. Bet the grass has filled out nicely by now! I like the idea but like you said earlier my dogs would eat it before it gets a chance to grow... would love some landscape pics if you have any to share

Hey everyone, it has been a very long time since I've posted anything haha we have officially been in our house one year last month and just had our 12 month check up with coral. There were a few paint cracks that they fixed for us, they also tried to fix our front screen door but the door place said since it's only a fly screen it's going to drop naturally because it has no support through the middle of it. We also had 2 faulty light switches that have been playing up so the electricians came and replaced those for us. Other than that we haven't had any dramas with our place it has been great. Haven't done much landscaping or anything, business has been slow so we have had to put any fun things for the house on hold haha plus I went to fiji to volunteer over there and helped rebuild a families home so that was a great experience but it of course cost $ but was totally worth it.
We were worried about the house flooding when the rain is bad as we get flooded in but the house doesn't get any water flowing through so we are mega happy about that! Hope everyone is plodding along well with their homes and landscaping.

Hi all,

Long time follower, first time poster.

I am hoping some of you may be able to help me.

I am building the Daydream 28 in Cliftleigh NSW have just received a preliminary tender with coral. There are a few things that have taken me by suprise that I have not received with any builder in the past.

Has anyone converted to Gas in lieu of electric cook top and hot water? Were you charged an upgrade amount and did your tender advise 'Owner to install' for the gas meter? If so, is this an expensive process? I have never had to do this in the past??? ?

Also, what has everyone else paid for 'silk finish' to cabinetry? I have been quoted $1500 for all cabinetry (kitchen, bathroom, ensuite and laundry). I have taken the 'designer upgrade' although 'silk' is not included in this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated ?
Thanks.
Makingdreamshappen
Hi all,

I am building the Daydream 28 in Cliftleigh NSW have just received a preliminary tender with coral. There are a few things that have taken me by suprise that I have not received with any builder in the past.

Has anyone converted to Gas in lieu of electric cook top and hot water? Were you charged an upgrade amount and did your tender advise 'Owner to install' for the gas meter? If so, is this an expensive process? I have never had to do this in the past???

Also, what has everyone else paid for 'silk finish' to cabinetry? I have been quoted $1500 for all cabinetry (kitchen, bathroom, ensuite and laundry). I have taken the 'designer upgrade' although 'silk' is not included in this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Hi there, I'm not building with coral but curious are you in Cliftleigh meadows?
I'm building in there and wondering if your a potential neighbour

nicolawhitelaw
Makingdreamshappen
Hi all,

Has anyone converted to Gas in lieu of electric cook top and hot water? Were you charged an upgrade amount and did your tender advise 'Owner to install' for the gas meter? If so, is this an expensive process? I have never had to do this in the past???

Thanks.

Hi there, I'm not building with coral but curious are you in Cliftleigh meadows?
I'm building in there and wondering if your a potential neighbour

Hi Nicole,

No, I'm not in Cliftleigh meadows. I'm down just a little bit further in the established estate (towards the express way). We looked at cliftleigh meadows but couldn't pass up out block for the price. It was basically a steal!
Not too far away though! ?
Makingdreamshappen
Hi all,

Has anyone converted to Gas in lieu of electric cook top and hot water? Were you charged an upgrade amount and did your tender advise 'Owner to install' for the gas meter? If so, is this an expensive process? I have never had to do this in the past??? ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated 😊
Thanks.

Hi, we are building a Noosa 26 and are at council stage. I got my colour variations back yesterday from our colour appointment and silk finish for just my kitchen is $1200. We have the elegance package and its not included in that either. Apparently it used to be a lot cheaper, eg. $300/400 but they put the price up a few months ago.

Shanniidc
Hey everyone, it has been a very long time since I've posted anything haha we have officially been in our house one year last month and just had our 12 month check up with coral. There were a few paint cracks that they fixed for us, they also tried to fix our front screen door but the door place said since it's only a fly screen it's going to drop naturally because it has no support through the middle of it. We also had 2 faulty light switches that have been playing up so the electricians came and replaced those for us. Other than that we haven't had any dramas with our place it has been great. Haven't done much landscaping or anything, business has been slow so we have had to put any fun things for the house on hold haha plus I went to fiji to volunteer over there and helped rebuild a families home so that was a great experience but it of course cost $ but was totally worth it.
We were worried about the house flooding when the rain is bad as we get flooded in but the house doesn't get any water flowing through so we are mega happy about that! Hope everyone is plodding along well with their homes and landscaping.

Hi we are building daydream 30 also - is there anything you changed or added that now you dont see the benefit in doing so and wished you hadnt bothered
Makingdreamshappen
Hi all,

Thanks.
hi dreams, i paid about $1200 for my woodgrained silk finish cabinetry for both bathrooms,kitchen and laundry with designer upgrade as wrll, this was back in february when i went for my colour appointment.
Also with my gas connection, i paid $750 to coral and had to organise it all myself. I wasnt advised by anyone at coral i had to do it, and my ss emailed about a week or two before lockup to say hurry up and organise the gas pipes first. Had to wait on my supplier about 6 weeks for this to be done and then the meter went in. On the other hand, coral had the electricity in their name the entire build, plus 3 weeks after handover and did not follow up to transfer the connection in my name.

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406

Thanks Debbie we now need a new front fence. Our neighbours also need a new back fence too. Hope everyone else pulled out ok. The kids enjoyed a day at home and being flooded in at one end lol

Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum