Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

McDonald Jones Homes - The new thread

Page 509 of 723
Hi guys,
My contract said 7 outlets, this doesn't seem right, will have to email our CLO.
So cwiseman did you say that you got 11 outlets included?
6acrebuild
Hi guys,
My contract said 7 outlets, this doesn't seem right, will have to email our CLO.

We got ours as part of a summer deal the three something or other did you get yours as a promotion as well? Is that why they're only giving you 7.

Hi there,

I thought that MJH were using the Actron ESP system which are capable of running 8 zones. I am looking at building a Bronte in the future, my zones would be as follows.
Each bedroom would be a zone. So for a Grand Manor One that's five zones.
The sixth zone is the great room, seventh is the children's room, and the eighth is the home theatre.

If I had to run less zones ie three zones it would be kids bedrooms on one zone, big rooms and HT on second, and master bedroom on third zone.
6acrebuild
Hi guys,

Yeah emailed our CLO today and we got 11- one outlet for each room. But I will still probably add another two:

1 in each bedroom but want two in master (6)
home office
study
theatre
childrens activities (will make 2)
kitchen
great room (will make 2)

so all up I think the bronte needs at least 14.

so we will be adding another 3
Grakat
Hi there,

I thought that MJH were using the Actron ESP system which are capable of running 8 zones. I am looking at building a Bronte in the future, my zones would be as follows.
Each bedroom would be a zone. So for a Grand Manor One that's five zones.
The sixth zone is the great room, seventh is the children's room, and the eighth is the home theatre.

If I had to run less zones ie three zones it would be kids bedrooms on one zone, big rooms and HT on second, and master bedroom on third zone.

In our Bronte Executive Grande we are getting the Actron ESP Plus 203 19.32kw 3 phase with 4 zones.

Zone 1: Master
Zone 2: Meals, Great Room, Kitchen, Home Theatre, Home Office
Zone 3: Children's activities and study
Zone 4: remaining 4 bedrooms

Where are you building???
Thanks guys,
We are building on acerage at the back of Goulburn. We got our actron as a bonus when we signed up in November. I'm happy with the 2 zones, but not 7 outlets. Hopefully our CLO can fix it

An update on our build, we have been delayed now waiting on a report which should be back today/ tomorrow so hopefully we will be in council by the end of the week, the paper work seems to take so long
When did everyone get the voucher for the sign for the front of your house?
Never got one

Quote:

In our Bronte Executive Grande we are getting the Actron ESP Plus 203 19.32kw 3 phase with 4 zones.

Zone 1: Master
Zone 2: Meals, Great Room, Kitchen, Home Theatre, Home Office
Zone 3: Children's activities and study
Zone 4: remaining 4 bedrooms

Where are you building???

We will eventually be building in Clarence Town.

Everybody seems to be building lodges? They seem to be a favourite. Is there any reason why?
6acrebuild
When did everyone get the voucher for the sign for the front of your house?

It was in the pack we received at hand over.
I emailed out Clo and had mine sent out! She said it is usually given to you at handover but I wanted the sign ready for when we move in!

Casey1983
Hello all,

While we are on the topic of air con - did you have to upgrade the air con unit itself?

We are wanting to add 1-2 extra zones and a few extra outlets (currently 2 zones and 8 outlets) and hubby is thinking that we may need to upgrade or we will be running at max whenever we are cooling the whole house.

Just wanted to get some info on this?

Thanks heaps!!

Hi casey1983...

We went to Actrons head office at Norwest & showed them our plans (Miami 15..) & then told them what unit we were offered. (SRA203, 2 zones & 9 outlets). They were great help. Told us that the unit was more than capable for our house..

Might be worth thinking bout if you are in Sydney...

Casey1983
Hello all,

While we are on the topic of air con - did you have to upgrade the air con unit itself?

We are wanting to add 1-2 extra zones and a few extra outlets (currently 2 zones and 8 outlets) and hubby is thinking that we may need to upgrade or we will be running at max whenever we are cooling the whole house.

Thanks heaps!!

Hi casey1983...

We went to Actrons head office at Norwest & showed them our plans (Miami 15..) & then told them what unit we were offered. (SRA203, 2 zones & 9 outlets). They were great help. Told us that the unit was more than capable for our house..

And looking back at our scrape from the far end of our yard

Great yard

Casey1983
Hello all,

Thanks heaps!!

Hi casey1983...

Casey1983
Hello all,

Thanks heaps!!

Hi casey1983...

Lol sorry bout that.. 4 times..
patte_au

Hi casey1983...

no consistency!!!!
I have a similar, if not slightly larger house, than a Miami 15 and yet i was only offered the SRA173. I questioned it and was advised it was adequate for the house - i disagree and think it needs the SRA203 however i was only given the option to pony up the funds for the upgrade.

Given the run of bad experiences in the thread recently - I'm almost glad our admin process has stalled for other reasons, and im considering just leaving for another builder.
milby
patte_au

Hi casey1983...

no consistency!!!!
I have a similar, if not slightly larger house, than a Miami 15 and yet i was only offered the SRA173. I questioned it and was advised it was adequate for the house - i disagree and think it needs the SRA203 however i was only given the option to pony up the funds for the upgrade.

Given the run of bad experiences in the thread recently - I'm almost glad our admin process has stalled for other reasons, and im considering just leaving for another builder.

Where are you building?

Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum