Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 506 of 778
Benblinkau - Not to burst your bubble (Congrats though) but why are they doing PCI tomorrow then settlement Monday? Wouldn't they need time to rectify PCI issues before settlement is even booked in, wouldn't you need to go over the issues and ensure they are rectified before anything is signed off.

Our first settlement was cancelled as there were outstanding PCI items, we took a day off and everything for it and we cancelled it cause it wasn't satisfactory. Keep in mind the fact that once everything is signed off, the priority to fix things is ridiculously slow as you are no longer a priority, you have keys, they have money, they don't care.

Just be mindful, ensure you are happy with it and you don't have to wait on tradies after settlement, you will be waiting a while.

Good luck though.
Benblinkau - same PCI day as ours! hope everything goes well..... Can't believe you have settlement Monday - your house must be in a better state that ours! - we are hoping for the following Friday but not feeling confident that will happen.

Drove past our house today and my husband ducked his head in as the tiler was there. No shower screens yet (should have been done today), driveway, garage floor slab has not been sealed and our house is quite a mess, with mud and dirt everywhere on the downstairs floor. The floor is covered but I don't know how we are going to do PCI when you can't see how the flooring looks. Maybe our SS may come in tomorrow before PCI to lift it all off. Not sure how your house should look at PCI but I thought at least it would be a bit clean!!
firsttimers2013
Benblinkau - Not to burst your bubble (Congrats though) but why are they doing PCI tomorrow then settlement Monday? Wouldn't they need time to rectify PCI issues before settlement is even booked in, wouldn't you need to go over the issues and ensure they are rectified before anything is signed off.

Our first settlement was cancelled as there were outstanding PCI items, we took a day off and everything for it and we cancelled it cause it wasn't satisfactory. Keep in mind the fact that once everything is signed off, the priority to fix things is ridiculously slow as you are no longer a priority, you have keys, they have money, they don't care.

Just be mindful, ensure you are happy with it and you don't have to wait on tradies after settlement, you will be waiting a while.

Good luck though.

Thanks! We have sorted 90%of the issues as we have gone along, the SS has been really good. So hopefully there will be little to fix as we pretty much have a walk through every couple of weeks.
benblinkau
PCI booked in for tomorrow, settlement monday!

Waoo great, looks like all of us having PCI at the same time

Building Hamilton 31 with Eden Brae in Oran Park http://hassanbeggbuildinghamilton31eden ... gspot.com/
Heathcote - I hope your PCI goes well. I would expect the house to be pretty clean otherwise how can you tell what's damaged. Has tyrells gone through yet ?

Ben - good luck with your Inspection. It's great you have confidence in SS. Settlement Monday - happy days.

Have those in PCI organised insurance? EB stop there's from PCI

Nsharma - if you have your proof they will fix it. Very odd he says displays home are tiled uneven as I doubt they would be it's too noticeable.

Hass did you have any luck with basins ?

Our painting has finished now yay! Another thing to tick off. One step closer. PCI for us is 7th April
Heathcote - I hope your PCI goes well. I would expect the house to be pretty clean otherwise how can you tell what's damaged. Has tyrells gone through yet ?

Ben - good luck with your Inspection. It's great you have confidence in SS. Settlement Monday - happy days.

Nsharma - if you have your proof they will fix it. Very odd he says displays home are tiled uneven as I doubt they would be it's too noticeable.

Our painting has finished now yay! Another thing to tick off. One step closer. PCI for us is 7th April
Quote:

That is what I would have thought. We will see today. Tyrells went through yesterday. We will organise insurance today as in the contract it says insurance policy by the builder must maintained to and including the date of practical completion.
Renski

Hi
Our basins issue is still being investigated by the management but yes front door handle has now been resolved and yeeeees we are getting what we wanted.

Building Hamilton 31 with Eden Brae in Oran Park http://hassanbeggbuildinghamilton31eden ... gspot.com/
congrats heathcote35 . I hope all goes well for heathcote35 and BEN. I understand that we need insurance at the time of PCI, but can we request SS to install oven, dishwasher and other main stuff at the time of handover? I have heard things go missing after PCI and then it becomes your problem and not EBH.
Need2know
congrats heathcote35 . I hope all goes well for heathcote35 and BEN. I understand that we need insurance at the time of PCI, but can we request SS to install oven, dishwasher and other main stuff at the time of handover? I have heard things go missing after PCI and then it becomes your problem and not EBH.

Regardless of the fact that you need to get your insurance as at PCI date, if anything goes missing or is damaged before you officially get the keys, it is EB's responsibility, to get it resolved before settlement.

We had a temp SS called K.H who at our first failed settlemetn tried telling us that if our appliances were stolen, we claim it on our home insurance. THAT'S NOT TRUE. EBH STILL HAVE ONUS UNTIL YOU SETTLE!!! That's not angry caps by the way that's just making sure ensuring you guys see it.

We weren't meant to get appliances installed until after settlement but the SS did it incorrectly cause he has extreme lack of communication.
Thanks firsttimers2013. It means I should not request the SS to install the appliances after on the day of settlement.
Need2know

appliances get installed on the day we get the keys
Thanks Hassanbeg for confirming
I requested appliances on the day we moved in.. just in case.
HoudaMan
I requested appliances on the day we moved in.. just in case.

Did EB install on the day you requested, or its depends on their scheduled.
Had our shelving installed yesterday.. Gotta say, the melamine shelving that i paid top dollar for isn't very pretty...
heathcote35
Just received confirmation that our PCI is happening tomorrow!!! Finally after 41 weeks.

How did your PCI go many items to fix.
Can any one please help me with this? We have just noticed that our neighbourer on right hand side has built the fence totally on our part of the land. We have paid them the share as our house hasn't started yet? What can we do?
June
Can any one please help me with this? We have just noticed that our neighbourer on right hand side has built the fence totally on our part of the land. We have paid them the share as our house hasn't started yet? What can we do?

Mate, being angry is not the solution. Just drop by and discuss with them with evidence but in a friendly manner.

I posted this in the Oran Park thread too. Anyone else get the wrong hills home hub after paying for one? We were first given the top left thing. I am no electrician but the one we finally got seems a lot more professional...ethernet switch provided now too. Thanks for finally getting it right, 'EBH electrical contractor'.

Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum