Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 503 of 579
Hey everyone, has anyone got any pictures of the classic Bristle roof tiles in nickel, and or chosen nickel. I really wanted this colour but my colour consultant said it will look too dark with my chiffon bricks. And then said coal will look better. But I’m pretty sure I still want nickel.. any pictures please! We are having monument gutters and fascia. Thanks in advance!
mj-mac4
Hey everyone, has anyone got any pictures of the classic Bristle roof tiles in nickel, and or chosen nickel. I really wanted this colour but my colour consultant said it will look too dark with my chiffon bricks. And then said coal will look better. But I’m pretty sure I still want nickel.. any pictures please! We are having monument gutters and fascia. Thanks in advance!

I don't have pics but we have black bricks (pgh eclipse) with a monument roof, windows etc and we love it. Yes it is dark but that is the look we wanted.
Tamara1975
mj-mac4

I don't have pics but we have black bricks (pgh eclipse) with a monument roof, windows etc and we love it. Yes it is dark but that is the look we wanted.

Thanks Tamara, yes I love the dark look too. Hopefully ours will let ok good and come together. It’s just so hard deciding. I think I might just leave it coal becuase it might be too much hassle to change now. I’m hoping it still looks nice and dark.
Hey everyone,

Just a question regarding plumbing, does the dishwasher require a drain pipe or does it share off the kitchen sink drainage.

It appears we only have one pipe in the kitchen according to our plans and I just want to make sure!
Caydenn
Hey everyone,

Just a question regarding plumbing, does the dishwasher require a drain pipe or does it share off the kitchen sink drainage.

It appears we only have one pipe in the kitchen according to our plans and I just want to make sure!

Pretty sure we only had a single pipe under the island and dishwasher and sink feed into the same waste

Yep thats pretty standard, the dishwasher waste usually empties into the sink waste pipe
Has anyone changed their main paint colour during build by variation? Was it much of an issue? We had picked highgate in our nightmare colour selection but now I’m worried it will throw lilac
TIA everyone

BrownDog77
Has anyone changed their main paint colour during build by variation? Was it much of an issue? We had picked highgate in our nightmare colour selection but now I’m worried it will throw lilac
TIA everyone

Our ss said to me on Monday, I could get my painters number closer to paint time and call him before he orders the paint.
Maybe yours could do the same?

Im a whisker away from stopping the whole build and selling the land.

The certifier gave the green light last week now they finally have the correct water and sewer details.

They have now renegged on that go ahead and will not be issuing the certificate until they have dug lots of expensive holes in our land to find the services 😡😡😡😡 at our expense of course.

F*** building houses. The entire industry is a god damn joke
Scratch that, the issue isn't to do with the services now. Something along the lines of the slab not suitable for this amount of underground works.

What the hell does that mean? Waiting for more information from Coral to explain what is going on. Its a damn flat piece of land next to an existing house. What could possibly be the problem??????
BrownDog77
TIA everyone

We contacted painter direct and changed media room colour. He only charged us for the additional paint.

We also called him Monday to see if he will redo our front door. We don't like it. He is only charging the stain and extra $100.

Follow our Build:
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=85959
brodav83
Scratch that, the issue isn't to do with the services now. Something along the lines of the slab not suitable for this amount of underground works.

What the hell does that mean? Waiting for more information from Coral to explain what is going on. Its a damn flat piece of land next to an existing house. What could possibly be the problem??????

Don't give up!! It'll all be worth it trust me, try and stand your ground and get them to come to the party.
BrownDog77
TIA everyone

Browndog I spoke to the painter and SS and filled out paperwork. It won't be submitted to coral so there is no variation. I wanted half strength tranquil retreat but coral didnt have a code for it.

xjanex
BrownDog77
TIA everyone

Our ss said to me on Monday, I could get my painters number closer to paint time and call him before he orders the paint.
Maybe yours could do the same?

thanks Xjanex I hope so or we may be repainting our lilac walls

Not sure if anyone has seen but Coral Homes have now confirmed their Christmas break period, 23rd December - 7th January, returning to work on the 8th January.
Caydenn
Not sure if anyone has seen but Coral Homes have now confirmed their Christmas break period, 23rd December - 7th January, returning to work on the 8th January.
I had heard they could handover houses up till xmas eve. I am just praying mine is done before that

H Family
Caydenn

I had heard they could handover houses up till xmas eve. I am just praying mine is done before that

Me too! Fingers crossed we are both in by Xmas, would make our landscaping and settling in so much easier too!
What are your contract dates we are also hoping the same our date is meant to be the 21st 😬
The new issue is that the house is too close to the sewer easement. The engineer wont approve the construction until a decision has been made:

1: move house back 6 metres and chop our backyard in half to 6 metres length (no way!)

2: adjust the waffle slab so it is braced and ribbed next to the easement.
Where is your easement and what is it sewer???
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum