Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Doulton in Geelong

Page 6 of 10
We were thinking a spa! Or cover it with decking and have a large outdoor entertaining area (and with a spa too)!
Today we have a fence and toilet! Definitely started now!

Sparkyf
We were thinking a spa! Or cover it with decking and have a large outdoor entertaining area (and with a spa too)!

Decking and spa sounds fabulous!!
Levelled now! Ready for next retaining wall and starting foundations!

Roy Allantos
Sparkyf

What are you planning to do with the drop at the front of the house between the road and the house entry? steps?
Sparkyf
Roy Allantos
Sparkyf

Sounds pretty good idea. We also have exactly the same space in the backyard -6.6m with 3 m easement. Was thinking around the same lines but having small kids I was thinking of having a sand pit/ playing area instead of spa to start with.

For the spa have you requested any provisions from the builder ? Like electrical or plumbing ?
We have hot and cold water, drain and electrical outlet in outdoor room. An alternative location was to have an above ground spa near there, then we don't need the extra fence! But still looking at what to do with a 1.7M drop! We could hide a shed there?

Today's photos:

The view from the outdoor room should be good too?

It looks like they did the piers also!
Roy Allantos
How about a cricket practice pitch if the kids r into the game? Looks ideal for it!

The kids are 25 and 30! I might put a shed there, it would be almost hidden by the wall!
Is your Doulton finished by now? what fascade did you choose? is it mode fascade?
do you know the address in Ballarat that build Metricon MODE FASCADE? I want to see the finish design of the house. because currently were building a hampshire 46A mode fascade.
MitchellNewman
Is your Doulton finished by now? what fascade did you choose? is it mode fascade?

No, we have only just started the ground clearing and retaining walls!

We are having mode facade.
MitchellNewman
do you know the address in Ballarat that build Metricon MODE FASCADE? I want to see the finish design of the house. because currently were building a hampshire 46A mode fascade.

I have sent you a private message with the address. If you can please post a photo here it would benefit everyone following this post!
Can someone enlighten me as to the meaning of the rows of pink topped pipes?

Sparkyf
Can someone enlighten me as to the meaning of the rows of pink topped pipes?

Could them be the storm water points?
They are temporary storm water points, though I think they may just be marking the location of the drain.
Pre-pour setup completed, hoping for slab tomorrow!
Sparkyf
They are temporary storm water points, though I think they may just be marking the location of the drain.
Pre-pour setup completed, hoping for slab tomorrow!

Looking good. Are they going to proceed with the construction with lockdown?
Not sure now, with the lockdown, our site supervisor left, and hearing about material shortages, who knows for sure?
Sparkyf
Not sure now, with the lockdown, our site supervisor left, and hearing about material shortages, who knows for sure?

That’s not good. I also heard about timber shortage but some people are using it as an excuse. The shortage is for non engineered timber whereas majority homes use engineered timber.

Also see a lot of supervisors moving around.

Slab looks good though.

Best of luck !
Drove past tonight, and I couldn't believe it, we have frames? But no site supervisor?

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum