Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Build HGWA- Rivervale

Page 6 of 6
Bebbsy
Statesman Homes in SA, a large builder who seemingly no longer offer exposed brick walling internal to the home. No reason given, they just don’t do it.

Disappointing. You can get some pretty realistic looking wallpapers if it’s still something you’re interested in. Alternatively, the wood panel feature walls we got turned out pretty well too.
TaylorAshlee
Bebbsy
Statesman Homes in SA, a large builder who seemingly no longer offer exposed brick walling internal to the home. No reason given, they just don’t do it.

Disappointing. You can get some pretty realistic looking wallpapers if it’s still something you’re interested in. Alternatively, the wood panel feature walls we got turned out pretty well too.

Yes I like your VJ panelling too, we’ve been thinking of using that for a wall in our study. 😉
Security screen and dog door installed.

Grass and retic laid.

Hey Taylor Ashlee

How's your new home treating you? Is there anything that's been exceeding / no reaching expectations since moving in?

Our place is up to plate height now 👍😊
KodaCujo
Hey Taylor Ashlee

How's your new home treating you? Is there anything that's been exceeding / no reaching expectations since moving in?

Our place is up to plate height now 👍😊

We’ve only noticed one chipped tile in our shower and the pantry cupboard door not hanging exactly straight. The rest is great.

A couple photos with furniture and curtains in.
TaylorAshlee

A couple photos with furniture and curtains in.

That's good to hear no major dramas 👍 inside looks fab! Glad you're loving it 😊 can't wait for our place to be finished! Was hoping for this year but I think it'll drag out til Jan/Feb
TaylorAshlee
Feature brickwork fixed.

Hi TaylorAshlee,

That feature wall look so nice. May I ask what brick it was and cost?
TaylorAshlee
KodaCujo
TaylorAshlee
Wood Panel Feature Walls installed to Lounge and Master. To be painted “Dulux Domino”

Nice! I seen this on Bespoke Carpentrys Facebook and thought it was your house 😅👍

How much did the panelling cost all up if you dont mind me asking?? Looks fab! 😁

It was pretty cheap if you ask me. The two walls together were $1540 fully installed and they’re over 5m each.

It looks awesome, is it done through builder?
ssrm
TaylorAshlee
Feature brickwork fixed.

Hi TaylorAshlee,

Brick on was done through the builder. I think it was about $5000 extra for those specific bricks as they’re “reclaimed”.

The wood panel wall was done after key handover. Was $960 per wall.
TaylorAshlee
ssrm
TaylorAshlee
Feature brickwork fixed.

Hi TaylorAshlee,

Brick on was done through the builder. I think it was about $5000 extra for those specific bricks as they’re “reclaimed”.

The wood panel wall was done after key handover. Was $960 per wall.

Wonderful, thanks
What is the flooring choice the hybrid wood flooring? do you know the name of it please
Astro123
What is the flooring choice the hybrid wood flooring? do you know the name of it please

It’s not hybrid unfortunately. Wish it was. Just regular floorboards.
Looks so great! Did HGWA charge any variations that added costs to your build?
gummi
Looks so great! Did HGWA charge any variations that added costs to your build?

Yeah quite a few. Mainly what was added during pre-start though.
oh that's good, I can handle pre-start. I'm wanting to keep the build as close to budget as possible and variations aren't in my budget.
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum