Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Two Wells Dechellis Build

Page 6 of 10
dbn
NicolleAW
dbn
Nice skylight, I am thinking of getting one but worry that will get alot of heat in the summer. Is the glass pane made with special coating?

Hello, I'm pretty sure it's just regular glass. On our plans some windows are marked as smart glass so we could reach our energy rating but there's nothing for the skylight. We were worried about heat too but the sales consultant advised the heat would mainly come through once its directly above skylight so hopefully he's right.

I managed to get a picture on the weekend where you can actually see the sky as there was no glare, it's so cool!

Excited to see once they frame it.

It seems the salesperson advice incorrect. I just think the way how solar panel receive solar energy despite indirect sunlight, the radiation can heat up the space through the clear glass.

There will only be direct light down the skylight an hour or so a day and it might be smart glass, so a little UV repellent but I'm not 100% sure on this. This room will be closed off for a while anyway so shouldn't bother us as we wont be in there!
Bebbsy
Your house is moving along quickly now, which must be exciting for you.

The smart glass you mentioned, was that is the western facing windows? And did the builder charge you extra for that.

Also happened to notice you had a dolomite driveway leading up to the house, (great idea) did you put that down, or did the builder?

Even in just a few days the progress at this point is insane. We are so happy and can't helping looking forward to the next stage, such exciting times.

The smart glass was something they just added after looking at energy rating requirements to some of the bigger windows like our bedroom, another bedroom and home theatre so in all directions and I cant locate any charges for it.

The builder required us to have the gravel driveway and we could get it done through the builder or ourselves and we got someone to do it much cheaper ourselves. Such a good idea and will be handy once it nears closer to winter.
NicolleAW
Bebbsy
Your house is moving along quickly now, which must be exciting for you.

The smart glass you mentioned, was that is the western facing windows? And did the builder charge you extra for that.

Also happened to notice you had a dolomite driveway leading up to the house, (great idea) did you put that down, or did the builder?

Even in just a few days the progress at this point is insane. We are so happy and can't helping looking forward to the next stage, such exciting times.

The smart glass was something they just added after looking at energy rating requirements to some of the bigger windows like our bedroom, another bedroom and home theatre so in all directions and I cant locate any charges for it.

The builder required us to have the gravel driveway and we could get it done through the builder or ourselves and we got someone to do it much cheaper ourselves. Such a good idea and will be handy once it nears closer to winter.

Cheers for that, and good luck with the last stages of your build. 😀

Electrical cabling, air con ducting and insulation is all in.

One front pier is rendered, the other started and gyprock is ready to go.

The front piers and the timber beam will all be rendered and painted shale grey.

Lock up ETA is the 11th and our kitchen cabinets should be going in on the 12th.

A tiler is booked for 25th so February will be a big month, can't wait!

Hi the house is looking great!

How many square meters is the design?
Dat240
Hi the house is looking great!

How many square meters is the design?

Thanks, we are loving it.

Including the garage and alfresco it comes to 341m2.

Gyprock is nearly done, just the cornice's to go and patching the joins and holes.

Lockup due Monday so will see how we go for photo's here onwards.

So I've been to our house both Tuesday and Thursday night and we aren't locked out yet.

The photos are from Tuesday night.

The joins had all been sanded as of last night but I didn't get any photos.

Wow, looks amazing. I love that skylight?!
ScottyG

I am OBSESSED with our skylight! I've taken so many photo's of it!
NicolleAW
ScottyG

Where is the skylight located?
It looks amazing
Monkey55
NicolleAW
ScottyG

Where is the skylight located?
It looks amazing

Its in our retreat and the angle points towards the hallway so its in a good spot.
Hi Nicole,

Was wondering if you have any comments so far on the sewer system? Any comments around installion by Alano water? I haven’t read much in regards to this in any of the current builds in Eden
Jolly
Hi Nicole,

Was wondering if you have any comments so far on the sewer system? Any comments around installion by Alano water? I haven’t read much in regards to this in any of the current builds in Eden

Good morning,

I haven't heard much either. A lady a few houses up has already paid Alano and within a few weeks of that got a service supply bill similar to that of SA water.

I had called Alano a while ago now and they basically said once its been paid for and the form filled in and sent to them they are able to come out pretty quickly and install the pump. We will probably go through the motion with them in a couple of months so will see how it goes then I guess.
NicolleAW
Jolly
Hi Nicole,

Good morning,

I haven't heard much either. A lady a few houses up has already paid Alano and within a few weeks of that got a service supply bill similar to that of SA water.

I had called Alano a while ago now and they basically said once its been paid for and the form filled in and sent to them they are able to come out pretty quickly and install the pump. We will probably go through the motion with them in a couple of months so will see how it goes then I guess.

Hi,

We were told that application and payment to Alano had to be done prior to the slab going in. Once the application was made, we received back-dated quarterly invoices from June 30, which was the date of our land settlement.
There has been some confusion with my builder and the Alano Water set up (even thought they have display homes in Eden!) But hopefully smooth sailing for the install.

We received drawings of some of our cabinetry.

We are actually locked out. I thought I would be more excited about this as it's progress but I cant get in now

Love our front door and handle. The side lights are meant to be translucent so will raise this with our SS soon.

Other than that I spied more doors inside waiting to be put up.

NicolleAW

We received drawings of some of our cabinetry.

We are actually locked out. I thought I would be more excited about this as it's progress but I cant get in now

Love our front door and handle. The side lights are meant to be translucent so will raise this with our SS soon.

Other than that I spied more doors inside waiting to be put up.

I love your front door, it looks very classy! Which company did they use, Hume?

Your kitchen design, has that allowed space for a microwave oven on the larger cupboard? If so that might solve my problem as I don’t want it on the bench top, or under the island.
Bebbsy
I love your front door, it looks very classy! Which company did they use, Hume?

Your kitchen design, has that allowed space for a microwave oven on the larger cupboard? If so that might solve my problem as I don’t want it on the bench top, or under the island.

Heya Bebbsy,

Yeah I'm pretty sure Hume. The codes on our quotes was XS45 SPM 2340x1020 which match the Hume website.

We do have a microwave tower which is on the back wall in the left corner. I didn't want it low as I'd seen under the bench in some houses and didn't like it. So the tower was in the display house of the house we are building and we loved it. Means a bit more storage with it too which is good.
Related
29/05/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

What is the distance between the island and the bench please?

4/03/2024
Two storey house construction cost

Building A New House

there is a few calculators you can use if you just google it

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum