Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Miami 31- Brighton Homes- Northern Gold Coast

Page 6 of 11
Tribe7
Wow that is super kind of him, very rare to find honest and kind people these days.

Congratulations on getting your land mortgage sorted too

Open home this weekend??

He has been so great! A much better experience than our first broker. And yes, unfortunately lol. We received an offer yesterday but it was lower than we wanted so they’re coming back on Saturday to have another look. Hopefully something comes of it but I won’t hold my breath lol.
Holy sh7t that’s awesome you got an offer, I hope your agents lures them in on Saturday and you get what you want. Pull out all the stops, burning candles in the bathrooms, lights all on, bake something (anything to get that yummy smell) I’m crossing everything for you

I’m really happy for you with the broker it’s nice to get good help

Tribe7
Holy sh7t that’s awesome you got an offer, I hope your agents lures them in on Saturday and you get what you want. Pull out all the stops, burning candles in the bathrooms, lights all on, bake something (anything to get that yummy smell) I’m crossing everything for you

I’ll be melting some new scentsy that’s for sure!!
kailie86
Tribe7

I’ll be melting some new scentsy that’s for sure!!

Ohhh are they good? I’ve got a glass house mountains reed defuser at the moment and it’s ok, I have a Smith and Co one waiting for the glass house mountains one to run out. I like candles but can’t seem to find ones I love

I love them
a girl at work sells them, so many beautiful smells
Tribe7
symone
I love Costco!!
Now that I'm not half asleep I shall elaborate hahaha
Obviously everything is in bulk, but you really need to know your prices to get the worthwhile stuff.

Our staples include paper towel, dishwasher tabs, washing liquid, pizza sauce, tomato sauce etc
Then there are always stuff like Aldi special buys

Then there are the products you can't buy anywhere else like their bulk swiss miss hot chocolate, their mexican cheese, pork hotdogs, You need to go to their food court, its mental!! $1.99 for a hotdog and unlimited drink. $14 for the craziest sized pizza you have ever eaten.
TVs are cheap and you can often buy 3 tyres for the price of four. If we went there to get our tyres it would have only cost $1200 not $1800. You can even buy a coffin from them

Things I don't buy are snack sized chips and other stuff that I don't really remember.

They also have great catering packs of food. Like pre made sandwiches and other stuff and their baked good are fantastic too.

I don't think I would travel more the the 70mins it takes us now, when the one opens at Ipswich I will probably go there instead.

When we finish the house we will be going up there with our work truck to fill it full of stuff

Wow it sounds like it’s really useful and has so much variety, buying in bulk works for me you know first hand what buying for a big family is like. I had no idea it was so good.

Your dead right there is one opening at Bundamba wooo hoooo that’s not far for me, about 45 min drive. It’s supposed to open before Christmas this year. Cool.

They sell coffins
. How random is that

I'll be at the Bunamba Costco when it opens, for sure!! I'll meet you there and you can come in as my guest. They are weird about letting non members in. Though they are great with refunds, even with memberships
Good luck with the second look Kailie, hopefully they bump their offer.
I didn't even get a congratulations when I got my mortgage docs, let alone alcohol...totally jealous lol
symone
Good luck with the second look Kailie, hopefully they bump their offer.
I didn't even get a congratulations when I got my mortgage docs, let alone alcohol...totally jealous lol

We’re going to his office for beer and ping pong once the house sells and we get the build sorted lol

I’ll happily share his details round for anyone in need of a good broker 😁
Hey Kailie,

Any news on the house sale?? I’m crossing fingers for some good news for you 🤞🤞🤞

Tribe7
Hey Kailie,

Any news on the house sale?? I’m crossing fingers for some good news for you 🤞🤞🤞

7 groups through since Saturday. 2 offers last night, 10k apart. Unfortunately the higher offer pulled out this morning as we ‘live too close to the train line’. It’s 500m away and we only hear it if the wind is blowing in the right direction. They apparently want ‘peace and quiet.’ They were sitting outside the house for 45mins yesterday before the inspection so I would have thought they would have gotten a better feel for the place before they submitted an offer.

The other offer is 5k too low, so unless they’re willing to come up then we’re at a stand still. Another 2 groups through today so will wait and see what happens.
Wow that’s massive the amount of people your having through. Oh that sucks about them pulling out but better now than wasting your time. Mmmmm $5k isn’t much if they can come up $2,500 and you drop $2,500 that would be a sweet deal?? Sounds like it’s going well and you have some great interest

Gosh your house must be so clean with all these opens, you poor thing you must be over cleaning it too

Tribe7
Wow that’s massive the amount of people your having through. Oh that sucks about them pulling out but better now than wasting your time. Mmmmm $5k isn’t much if they can come up $2,500 and you drop $2,500 that would be a sweet deal?? Sounds like it’s going well and you have some great interest

Gosh your house must be so clean with all these opens, you poor thing you must be over cleaning it too

OMG yesterday was insane! We got a call from the agent at 9, asking if he could bring someone through at 5:30. That was sweet. Then got another call 15mins later asking if he could bring another party through at 1. Only problem with this is we have 3 dogs and they were in the house. Had to frantically call around and find someone who could take them. Then luckily I had some time away from the kids yesterday so rushed home at 12, gave the dogs to a friend and then frantically vacuumed, mopped, polished the caeserstone and poop a scooped the backyard before rushing back to school by 1. Was insane 😂 the dogs are now with the in laws until Saturday, which was lucky because he rang up again this morning and wanted to bring another 2 parties through. 1 party today took an expression of interest form so hopefully something comes of it.
Oh and the 5k isn’t a lot however their actual offer is 20k below asking, so they’ve got to come up the whole 5k otherwise it’s just not worth us taking.... if only real estate costs weren’t so high lol. Luckily he’s excellent and worth every cent 😂
OMG I think I broke a sweat reading what you had to get done in an hour holy cow!! Well done on smashing it out, excellent news they took a form too I’m really hoping it all happens for you soon (sorry to keep asking how it’s going 🤭)

Holy smokes yes $20k is bag loads less so they need to come up with the dough or bugger off. I forgot about the damn commission that hurts but least your happy and your agent is pushing hard for a sale.

Tribe7
OMG I think I broke a sweat reading what you had to get done in an hour holy cow!! Well done on smashing it out, excellent news they took a form too I’m really hoping it all happens for you soon (sorry to keep asking how it’s going 🤭)

Holy smokes yes $20k is bag loads less so they need to come up with the dough or bugger off. I forgot about the damn commission that hurts but least your happy and your agent is pushing hard for a sale.

Hahaha all good! The moment we get that sold sticker the photos will be plastered everywhere. I think finally selling will be a bigger achievement than actually building 😂
Your house is lovely. I don't know why there has been such an issue with selling it.
There are just more and more facilities popping up around you.
symone
Your house is lovely. I don't know why there has been such an issue with selling it.

That’s pretty much it. I think everyone has been shocked by how long it’s taken. Just so many houses on the market/being built 😒
kailie86
symone

That’s pretty much it. I think everyone has been shocked by how long it’s taken. Just so many houses on the market/being built 😒

And that is what has scared me the most, looking at how much trouble you have had selling yours.
What if we don't get prices anywhere near as high as we are expecting? It is what it is I suppose and we will just go with the flow.
symone
kailie86
symone

And that is what has scared me the most, looking at how much trouble you have had selling yours.
What if we don't get prices anywhere near as high as we are expecting? It is what it is I suppose and we will just go with the flow.

I think you’ll be right. Coomera is moving pretty quick at the moment. When we first listed we wanted 50k more than what we’re after now. Makes me sad to think of what we could have done with the extra money. If we’d sold 12 months earlier it would have sold within weeks for the price we wanted. The people behind us sold within 2 weeks for much more than we want for a smaller house/land. We just missed the boat unfortunately 😒
It's crazy isn't it!!
Related
30/05/2024
Roof Colour - Northern Beaches Council

Building A New House

We had a DA approved last year and here is the condition that was imposed by Northern Beaches council:

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum