Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Modified Coral Marcoola 32 SEQ

Page 6 of 10
symone
I wanted a strip, but I was never going to win that one 😂

Glad my hubby is more of the ‘happy wife, happy life’ type of guy 😂😂😂😂
Hahaha I know what you mean guys. I'm actually pretty happy with what we got. I decided a few weeks back that I didn't actually want a strip light. We have LED strip lighting under the overhead cabinets and under the island, so it would have been too many horizontal lines.

One of the REAs I called last week is coming over this afternoon, will be interested in what he has to say. I called another one and they didn't get back to me, considering if I should give them one more chance? My take on it is if they can't answer or return calls what they going to be like when they are selling the property?
The pendants look great, as long as your happy with them your on the right track.

Absolutely not, I would not be chasing an agent to get back to me when they won’t return a call at the very start. Our agent was like at and it drove me wild, its why I ended up selling the house myself.

Your pendants will be amazing and agree, would have been too many horizontal lights.

Definitely don’t chase them! If they really wanted the work they’d call you back. I have to say though, with our first agent we rang the number on Realestate.com and never heard back. Ended up being that he no longer worked for that agent and therefore no longer used that number. Found his new number and he called back within 5mins.
Thanks Tribe and Kallie, glad we are all on the same page there. He's the principal so I'm pretty sure the number is correct. I will give him one more go and that's it.
Will report back what the REA says today!!
Have just spoken to our SS he said to bring him up the door hardware tomorrow and the chippie will be onsite this week doing stuff. Not entirely sure whats happening this week.
symone
Thanks Tribe and Kallie, glad we are all on the same page there. He's the principal so I'm pretty sure the number is correct. I will give him one more go and that's it.
Will report back what the REA says today!!
Have just spoken to our SS he said to bring him up the door hardware tomorrow and the chippie will be onsite this week doing stuff. Not entirely sure whats happening this week.

Hopefully cabinetry 😊 I think that’s one of the most exciting parts, really starts to look like a home. 😁
Going to Auction May 26.
Have decided to go with Tim Wolff at LJ Hooker Pacific Pines.
Anybody know anyone who wants to buy a house at Upper Coomera
symone
Going to Auction May 26.

Hey, hey, hey.... wait up, my house first 😂😂😂😂

But seriously, great news!!!! Good luck with the auction, hopefully you get some offers before then 😊
kailie86
symone
Going to Auction May 26.

But seriously, great news!!!! Good luck with the auction, hopefully you get some offers before then 😊

No promises Kailie 😉
symone
kailie86
symone
Going to Auction May 26.

No promises Kailie 😉

Don’t worry, you’ll probably sell before me anyway 😏 we were talking tonight about pulling it for a couple of months if we don’t get any offers in the next couple of weeks. Just putting it all on hold for a little bit.
That’s disappointing. But you do wonder why a house has been for sale for an extended period of time
Exactly... plus after the contract fell through we just seem to have lost all momentum. Just a bit over it all, just sick of stressing over it.
Great news your on the market Symone
. Post the link once you add goes live. Its interesting how auctions are becoming more popular, I hope you get some early interest

Kailie I felt this way when our agent was being a complete fruit cake. I just shut down and ignored it all and waited for the 90 days to end, I didn’t have to worry about open homes as they never bothered booking them. Once we where free from them I learnt as much as I could and went it alone, I was scared stiff about having open homes and had a few Saturday’s where no one showed up and I could of cried. It took from the end of Oct till New Year’s Eve to get our offer, be patient and if anyone asks why your home had been on the market for a while be honest, have been under contract but they have fallen through due to the buyers financing issues. It’s a tough ride but you will get there.

What does it mean for your build if you delay the sale?

Tribe7
Great news your on the market Symone
. Post the link once you add goes live. Its interesting how auctions are becoming more popular, I hope you get some early interest

Kailie I felt this way when our agent was being a complete fruit cake. I just shut down and ignored it all and waited for the 90 days to end, I didn’t have to worry about open homes as they never bothered booking them. Once we where free from them I learnt as much as I could and went it alone, I was scared stiff about having open homes and had a few Saturday’s where no one showed up and I could of cried. It took from the end of Oct till New Year’s Eve to get our offer, be patient and if anyone asks why your home had been on the market for a while be honest, have been under contract but they have fallen through due to the buyers financing issues. It’s a tough ride but you will get there.

What does it mean for your build if you delay the sale?

Our new agent has been so great, if we do end up having to pull it we’d list again with him in the future. He’s done all the right things so far, unfortunately it’s just become such a buyers market with lots of competition at the moment 😒 Hopefully it doesn’t come to that and we get something soon. Your story gives me a little hope!

As for the new build, the land is ours so no dramas there and we have 365 days from when we signed the initial tender (first week of March) to break ground with the build so we have a little time up our sleeves thankfully.
Photos will be taken next week 😮
It’s all happening crazy fast. At least with an auction format we can be driving everything, including settlement terms. And anyone wanting to put an offer in needs to be an unconditional cash offer.
We will wait and see. Hopefully this all goes well.
symone
Photos will be taken next week 😮
It’s all happening crazy fast. At least with an auction format we can be driving everything, including settlement terms. And anyone wanting to put an offer in needs to be an unconditional cash offer.

At least you won’t get mucked around with a 5 week finance clause only for them to pull out 😂
Our new agent has been so great, if we do end up having to pull it we’d list again with him in the future. He’s done all the right things so far, unfortunately it’s just become such a buyers market with lots of competition at the moment
Hopefully it doesn’t come to that and we get something soon. Your story gives me a little hope!

As for the new build, the land is ours so no dramas there and we have 365 days from when we signed the initial tender (first week of March) to break ground with the build so we have a little time up our sleeves thankfully.[/quote]

That’s great news that your agent is a keeper, what is he advising? Mmmmm I had wondered what would happen to the market there when the comm games wound up. Hopefully it settles and goes back to normal.

Your sorted with the build, the land is ticked off and the build has plenty of time, great you have options

symone
Photos will be taken next week

Auctions scare the crap out of me but they are such a good way to buy as everything is upfront, as Kailee said no crazy long finance terms.

Cool bring on the photos, its exciting and daunting too.

Tribe7
Our new agent has been so great, if we do end up having to pull it we’d list again with him in the future. He’s done all the right things so far, unfortunately it’s just become such a buyers market with lots of competition at the moment
Hopefully it doesn’t come to that and we get something soon. Your story gives me a little hope!

As for the new build, the land is ours so no dramas there and we have 365 days from when we signed the initial tender (first week of March) to break ground with the build so we have a little time up our sleeves thankfully.

That’s great news that your agent is a keeper, what is he advising? Mmmmm I had wondered what would happen to the market there when the comm games wound up. Hopefully it settles and goes back to normal.

Your sorted with the build, the land is ticked off and the build has plenty of time, great you have options
[/quote]

We’ve done a tweak with the wording of our price today, he’s been chasing some uncommitted buyers from last week who ‘love the house but are weighing up their options’ and has been trying to drum up more interest. We’ve still got the originals buyers in the background as well, however they’re not willing to go up in price and our agent isn’t at the stage where he’ll take a lower commission so we’re in a standoff with them. Plus they put us through so much stress when they originally pulled out, I’m not sure I want to do it again. Let’s just hope some new buyers show their face soon. Hopefully rewording of the price drums up some more interest.
Just popped up to see the chippie, he was cutting skirtings and doors were onsite.
Water proofer was also there. Have asked SS for an update on what is happening

Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum