Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Hampton with Allworth Homes

Page 6 of 14
Its great to see heaps of progress. Makes everything else better.

aphsta
Aww, it’s looking great, so much to look forward to!
Hang in there, maybe it’s not sold, maybe they’ll be nice and give you a long settlement period so you can move out when your house is done

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
So much, I'm so excited about it I've been hanging out for the day I see our kitchen delivered

They did the pest and building inspection today so seems there has been an offer accepted, unless that shows theres something wrong that he doesn't like, which there is a few problems with the house, then I think the sale will go through. The old bloke wanting to buy this house spoke to my husband out the front and told him he wants to try to move in asap, hubby explained our situation and he said he could possibly stay where he is for a while, so we're hoping he has a heart and feels sorry for us haha.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89450&start=20
Sarah159
Those days were multiple things happen are the best!
Amazing, it was the best day of the build so far, I was so happy.

H Family
Its great to see heaps of progress. Makes everything else better.

It definately cheered me up so I went by the bottle shop on my way home for a bottle of bubbly to celebrate lol.

15/11/2017- Sanded plaster.

16/11/2017- We have a garage door and kitchen installation has begun.

Island bench in its place

Garage door

So exciting! The kitchen will be the highlight of the build for me too, especially as I’ve redesigned it completely from the original
I love your glass pantry door, we are just getting a plain one and replacing it with a nice glass one when we move in, our guy at Oran Park said it would cost half the price from bunnings. I kind of wish we’d gotten one installed though. We have so many other things to do ourselves after handover, including flooring, kitchen benches, blinds, driveway, grass, fences. Gosh the list is stressing me out thinking about it!

aphsta
So exciting! The kitchen will be the highlight of the build for me too, especially as I’ve redesigned it completely from the original
I love your glass pantry door, we are just getting a plain one and replacing it with a nice glass one when we move in, our guy at Oran Park said it would cost half the price from bunnings. I kind of wish we’d gotten one installed though. We have so many other things to do ourselves after handover, including flooring, kitchen benches, blinds, driveway, grass, fences. Gosh the list is stressing me out thinking about it!

Yeah we thought about doing stuff ourselves to save money but we just finished to major renovations in our last 2 houses and didn't want to do more than we had to lol. So difficult with young kids doing renno stuff.
This house building stuff is like a drug the more I see happen the more I want to happen haha. Excited to see the tiles next week now

17/11/2017- kitchen overhead cupboards installed bathroom and laundry cabinetry installed. We received 2 progress payment bills today ouch lol.

I so badly wanted to get in the house to have a better look and get better photos but everything was very well locked up.

22/11/2017- So we have our bench tops installed in kitchen, laundry, bathroom and ensuite. We also have most of the doors hung with architraves and skirtings in half of the house. Laundry tub and bath also installed.
We also got our tiles delivered. So good to see it up to this stage.

We're not totally sure we made the right choice with the colour of the overhead cabinets, I keep saying once the splashback goes in it will look completely different and tie it all together, I hope lol.

Our son in his new bedroom he doubles as our construction key

Bath installed

Bathroom vanity

Kitchen we like it alot better in real life

Tile delivery

Ensuite vanity

Ensuite sink
23/11/2017- All doors are hung skirtings are all on and architraves almost complete. Also downpipes delivered, we understood we were getting metal downpipes but we received paperwork some time back stating were getting pvc ones, we let it go and waited to see what we were getting and turns out they are the metal ones, happy we got the metal one as I really like the look of them.
Downpipes

Kitchen

Splashback tiles

24/11/2017- Not alot done today, carpenter has taken all his tools home however the architraves in the main living area have not been fitted yet. I ripped open the top of the box for our splashback tiles because I couldn't help myself and couldn't totally remember what we selected
I really wanted to get one out and have a look against the cabinetry to make sure it's what we want but didn't want to go making a mess of things, ripping boxes open.

Love seeing your build progressing it’s looking beautiful you must be getting so excited. Certainly makes me excited for when our build finally gets off the ground.
Homestead2017
Love seeing your build progressing it’s looking beautiful you must be getting so excited. Certainly makes me excited for when our build finally gets off the ground.
Thank you. I try to go and suss it out every afternoon im that super excited, I can't not lol. I keep visualising how I'm going to decorate it and how the kids are going to enjoy it, sitting in the alfresco enjoying a drink on the weekend, the high ceilings, the ceiling fans the ducted air con, oh the luxuries eek, too excited to even describe haha. I hate wishing time away but I really am at the moment.
Good news though, the buyer pulled out of the sale with the house we're renting, so we should be fine now until our house is built. The building inspector passed the showers in this house as fine yet there is grout missing from all the corners. There's one corner in one shower where if you aim the water to it, it runs under the tiles and up from underneath the floor on the opposite corner of the shower floor. Great building inspector hey? He also told me how he watched his sisters get raped by his step dad as a kid, yep ok get out of my home now that's inappropriate especially infront of my 2 toddlers, he was aggressive in his tone and made me uncomfortable in my own home.

Can't wait to be a home owner again, I'm not a fan of renting after the experience we've had here

Hailsm
Homestead2017
Thank you. I try to go and suss it out every afternoon im that super excited, I can't not lol. I keep visualising how I'm going to decorate it and how the kids are going to enjoy it, sitting in the alfresco enjoying a drink on the weekend, the high ceilings, the ceiling fans the ducted air con, oh the luxuries eek, too excited to even describe haha. I hate wishing time away but I really am at the moment.
Good news though, the buyer pulled out of the sale with the house we're renting, so we should be fine now until our house is built. The building inspector passed the showers in this house as fine yet there is grout missing from all the corners. There's one corner in one shower where if you aim the water to it, it runs under the tiles and up from underneath the floor on the opposite corner of the shower floor. Great building inspector hey? He also told me how he watched his sisters get raped by his step dad as a kid, yep ok get out of my home now that's inappropriate especially infront of my 2 toddlers, he was aggressive in his tone and made me uncomfortable in my own home.

Can't wait to be a home owner again, I'm not a fan of renting after the experience we've had here

Wow that’s not creepy at all 🤔🤔 Good to hear that you won’t be having dramas now with having to move prior to the end of the build. My wife is a pessimist so she isn’t starting to get into the whole furniture and decorating mode yet. We balance each other out though, because I have already put deposits down on the home theatre system, solar, paid for all the flooring we are putting in, selected and paid for all the fans, and that was all before dirt was turned 😁😁😁 Now I’m starting on the furniture lol.
mrbiggens
Hailsm
Homestead2017

Wow that’s not creepy at all
Good to hear that you won’t be having dramas now with having to move prior to the end of the build. My wife is a pessimist so she isn’t starting to get into the whole furniture and decorating mode yet. We balance each other out though, because I have already put deposits down on the home theatre system, solar, paid for all the flooring we are putting in, selected and paid for all the fans, and that was all before dirt was turned
Now I’m starting on the furniture lol.
I know, next time I will be demanding the real estate be present when someone comes here, I was not happy at all.
Oh that's great your getting everything organised, so exciting I love buying new furniture and decor

Anyone else have mega unsupportive parents?
We have an app where I share photos of what the kids do each day, I was excited about our new kitchen so I uploaded a pic of it check out the response I got

Our entire build all we have heard is,

*it's going to cost alot to heat the house in winter with 2.7 ceilings.
*the house is tiny.
*it's going to be hot in summer because of the location.
*the bedrooms are tiny.
* it's going to be noisy with passing traffic.
* we won't have any backyard nowhere for the kids to play.
* the houses are all too close together in the estate. As close as a retirement village was the remark.
*the stone benchtops are too cold and they don't like them, seriously?

This is all I can think of right now bit it has been non stop then this comment on our kitchen, I'm ready to disown them

They have also just bought a house smaller than ours closer to neighbours smaller yard smaller bedrooms in the roughest suburb near us. Honestly don't understand mentality of some people

26/11/2017- went for a mountain bike ride out to the house early this morning and around the bushy fringes of the estate. I can't describe how excited and ready i am to live here, I had so much fun exploring and found tonnes of little challenges to ride over from all the earth moving that's been going on, it's at the foot of the watagan mountains and it's all going to be right at our doorstep.

Haha your mums comment made me laugh! I like to put it down to generational differences
🤣 I think the kitchen looks awesome

JAMBY
Haha your mums comment made me laugh! I like to put it down to generational differences
🤣 I think the kitchen looks awesome

Haha well they are 70 years old I guess, still rude as I think, I could only imagine the reaction id get from them if the shoe was on the other foot

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum