Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Grange 25 Coral Homes - Northern NSW

Page 6 of 28
We have our landscaper coming to chat with us about what we are going to do. So trying to plan out what we want. Here’s a rough picture below.
Nice!! have you thought about composite decking? We have a merbau deck surrounding our current pool and it looks like crap and takes a lot of upkeep. Not sure if the tradesman used crappy materials, but even with us looking after it religiously for the first few year it turned terrible.
We have just given up on it now
In the new house we are going to have about 70m of composite installed, hopefully it isn't going to be as labour intensive. I know I have opened up a can of worms, heaps of people hate it...I have friends with it and i quite like it
mj-mac4
And I’m back after 2 months going through the dreaded admin stage! Start date to be the 24th of April 2018!! Wahoo!

Yay congrats!! The time will fly by, we had our SS meeting today, and he said we will have slab by next week Friday. I think the builds race by compared to the snail paced admin stage haha
Thanks for the advise Symone! Actually I never thought of that. I will definitely ask the landscaper about it as we really don’t like doing a lot of maintenance upkeep. Hence the fake grass lol.
CC7
mj-mac4
And I’m back after 2 months going through the dreaded admin stage! Start date to be the 24th of April 2018!! Wahoo!

Yay congrats!! The time will fly by, we had our SS meeting today, and he said we will have slab by next week Friday. I think the builds race by compared to the snail paced admin stage haha

Yay that is so exciting CC7!! Bring on the slab! Can’t wait to see pics 😄
Yay for a start date mj-mac... same day as our pci!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
mj-mac4
Thanks for the advise Symone! Actually I never thought of that. I will definitely ask the landscaper about it as we really don’t like doing a lot of maintenance upkeep. Hence the fake grass lol.

I saw the fake grass and though you may not be opposed to something easy care
Some landscapers and carpenters are dead set against it.
symone
mj-mac4

Lol anything that is low in maintenance is the way!! I trying to convince hubby about the eco deck. I think I’m almost there lol! I also put an order in for some eco deck samples.
Congratulations on your start date
I hope everything goes smoothly from here!
GoodeOne
Congratulations on your start date
I hope everything goes smoothly from here!

Thanks goodone! Hopefully smooth sailing from here on! I’m looking forward to following along on your journey too 😁
Congrats on your start date🥂 - the day before ANZAC! Hopefully it will be easy peasy from here and i hope you get a good SS!!!
P.s - your garden plan looks fantastic - just a tip: buy the best quality fake turf you can afford!!! Our current house has fake grass around our pool, and it looked amazing 3 years ago... now it all breaks down and blows into our pool, clings to your feet etc...
Not to turn you off the fake stuff, id still buy it, id just buy better quality. The zero maintenance of it is 👌
mj-mac4
symone
mj-mac4

Lol anything that is low in maintenance is the way!! I trying to convince hubby about the eco deck. I think I’m almost there lol! I also put an order in for some eco deck samples.

There are so many different brands, at the moment I think we are tossing up between Modwood and Trex. Seems like the Trex doesn't scratch as much as the mod wood. We went up to the homeshow and got samples of all of them.

And we are off.. so relieved to see some action at our block this morning.
Grange 25s popping up everywhere. You about 2 weeks behind us.
bestspecials

I know it’s so exciting! Looking forward to following your build best specials.
mj-mac4
bestspecials

I know it’s so exciting! Looking forward to following your build best specials.

Yours too.
Related
30/05/2024
Roof Colour - Northern Beaches Council

Building A New House

We had a DA approved last year and here is the condition that was imposed by Northern Beaches council:

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum