Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Home Build with Commodore Homes in Seville Grove!

Page 6 of 6
Looks great! I'm so confused at which direction I'm looking at though hahaha. Has that back house now got a fence?
Awesome!! So exciting when stuff starts happening, feels so real!

Just got a notification from our portal that our siteworks have been completed!!

Next is footings, then slab down! Fingers crossed by end of next week 🤞

And our supervisor took a better pic than us 😂
Went for a drive yesterday evening and saw that they had dug our footings!

I also got a message from my sister this morning (she lives close by) saying they were doing some work today so will have to check it out this evening again

Once they put those metal grates(?), how long is it till slab down?

I'd say you'd have a slab by Tuesday at the latest. Usually when a plumbing prelay is booked in at work the slab goes down roughly a couple of days later. How exciting!
After ours was dug out it was like 3 or 4 days I think? But there was some rain during that time!

Oh yay! I'm pretty sure Monday is raining too so I don't know whether anything can get done then.. Can't wait for next week
jad33mily
I'd say you'd have a slab by Tuesday at the latest. Usually when a plumbing prelay is booked in at work the slab goes down roughly a couple of days later. How exciting!

Any news on scheduling for you yet??
Natasha
[img=25x25]https://forum.homeone.com.au/i/78779_1496978730.jpg[/img] jad33mily

Any news on scheduling for you yet??

No news, we are now going into week 4 of scheduling :/ We sign off our mortgage docs & loan docs with our broker on Tuesday so hoping for settlement the week after. Been told we have had MRA approval and they have sent off for our building permit so should receive that sometime next week. Been informed of water approval also but still have not seen a tap. So hopefully we move into construction last week of Sept
SLAB IS BEING POURED TODAY!!

Just got an email confirming and checked out our portal and saw a pic of it being poured now!
YAYYYY

Got a call as well saying that electrical and gas run ins for the next week, then bricks should arrive end of next week, start of the week after and brickie to commence within the next 2-3 weeks
also will need to schedule a brick meeting too!

So excited!
SLABBBBB

Congrats

Follow our build with Express Two Storey (Ventura Group): http://tinyurl.com/jlykgph
Stopped by last night and was surprised to see that the window frames have been delivered and soakwells installed!

Fingers crossed bricks arrive soon but with the weather for the next week not looking so good, brickwork could be delayed

Really can't wait to see some walls come up now!!
Hey,
I have just started my process with Commodore Homes and have the same design.
I too am wanting to change the layout to a front Theater and larger window at the alfresco.
Could you give me an idea of how much those inclusions were?
Thanks!
Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, we have also chosen the loongana-limestone as the face brick as it looks great. However we found that the sand texture on it is loose and it keeps shedding sand. How is your experience?

Regards,
Clueless
Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum