Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Allworth Carlisle Build In Western Sydney

Page 6 of 8
mrbiggens
Homestead2017
Love all your tile choices it’s looking great! Have they told you when you might be expecting completion?

Hi Homestead, they are on track for PCI later this month in line with the 19 week contract time. Supervisor has told me to expect handover 1st week of May.

Great news you just be getting very excited 😊
mrbiggens
Homestead2017
Love all your tile choices it’s looking great! Have they told you when you might be expecting completion?

Hi Homestead, they are on track for PCI later this month in line with the 19 week contract time. Supervisor has told me to expect handover 1st week of May.

Wow that's a fantastic timeline! So much better than Coral

Fantastic! They’ve done so well with your house. You must be thrilled
Thanks guys, yes it is starting to get close to move in time, looking forward to settling into our new home, just not looking forward to sorting out the trades for after handover.
BrownDog77
mrbiggens
Homestead2017

Wow that's a fantastic timeline! So much better than Coral

I think that was one of the main drivers of moving away from Coral at the start BD, luckily we weren't too far down the track with them prior to reading all the dramas people were having with them on these forums. Hopefully the pain is almost over for you with your build.
A few pics of the painting. Looks like the gyprock guys have missed the mark with their setting in the media room and the dark paint shows it up, so hopefully that will get done again, but otherwise not bad. Apologies for the dark photos, the colours are actually a bit lighter than it shows in these.

Handover is now confirmed for the 30th April. I have booked in all the follow on trades to start from the 3rd May and we have booked our removalist for the 11th May, looking forward to getting in there now, not far to go.
How exciting, it’s looking good. Your build journey is almost over, I bet you are relieved. I feel like our life is on hold, till our house gets done.
mrbiggens
Handover is now confirmed for the 30th April. I have booked in all the follow on trades to start from the 3rd May and we have booked our removalist for the 11th May, looking forward to getting in there now, not far to go.

That’s awesome, congratulations on having such a fast and smooth build

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
ydnewa
How exciting, it’s looking good. Your build journey is almost over, I bet you are relieved. I feel like our life is on hold, till our house gets done.

Definately will feel that relief once the keys are in our hands, just hope the bank doesnt stuff around with the final payment, thats the last thing we need with all the trades booked in now lol. I have faith in our broker, he hasn't let us down yet.
aphsta
mrbiggens

That’s awesome, congratulations on having such a fast and smooth build

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059

Thanks Aphsta, hopefully yours wont be too far behind.
Awesome news! Paint really makes it feel finished. It’s looking so good. You are on the home straight now very exciting!!
Garage doors went on yesterday, and toilets delivered.

A few pics of the tapeware installed.

Love your bathroom, it’s gorgeous!
Your house is looking fantastic ! Congrats on the handover date too

So a bit of drama with bank valuers not booking their inspection with Allworth has caused a delay in getting the final payment sorted, nothing like a bit of he said / she said to get the day off to a fun start! My broker has been earning his money this morning getting it all sorted again. We have the valuation happening on Monday 30th, which is also my handover walk through appointment. Looks like I will have to wait a few days to get hold of the keys, so its a good thing I didn't start booking any trades in until the 3rd of May! Also found out this morning that the skirting boards weren't tacked on as requested as "Allworth will not do that anymore" according to my supervisor. Would have been nice to be told this weeks ago when the request was made and I was told that it wouldn't be a problem. Now for a call to the flooring guys to see how much this will cost me... Its all gone so well until now, I suppose after reading all of the dramas people have had with their builds on this forum, ill just take comfort in the fact that these issues are small in comparison. Looking for ward to getting into this place now, our removalists have been booked for the 11th May, let the fun begin
:-D
That’s awesome, so close. Didn’t they charge you for tacking on the skirting boards? We have also paid for that to happen, we are laying our own floor. My husband will have a fit if they don’t do it.
It was something I discussed with the supervisor and all he said I had to do was send an email stating that I accepted that Allworth would take no responsibility for any damage to skirting boards after handover and they would sort it out. Obviously that wasn't enough.
Oh goodness what a shame to have a drama now so close to the finish. You have had a great run up till now too.

The skirting is making me worry now too as we’ve requested the same so we can do floors afterwards. It’s likely they have done our skirting today so I’m anxious now to see what’s been done! We were advised by sales office to just let the supervisor know when the time came she wouldn’t add it into the contract. When the time came to tell our SS he queried why we didn’t have it as a variation!? He said they’d do it though so who knows now!

Hopefully you get to the bottom of it and you get those keys sooner rather than later! I’ll keep you posted on what they’ve done with ours.
Related
8/06/2023
Small builders in Western Sydney (NSW)

Building A New House

Hi all, We are looking to build a new two storey house in western Sydney. Can anyone recommend a smallish builder to go with? We are trying to stay away from the big…

6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

18/09/2023
Adhesive seals for western red cedar windows

Windows & Doors

I’m restoring all my 40yr old windows and I want to install seals around the casements. I’ve sanded back and oiled the frames with sikkens. My plan is to box up inside…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum