Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Prague Modified SA

Page 6 of 6
OMG finally PCI date, congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly that day, have you hired someone for the inspection?
Thanks for that. Also is there a Simonds app on andriod or something?
Hi Gem,
Congrats on your shiny new house! Question - did you get the builder to do the driveway/storm water/perimeter paving? If so, did you investigate price difference having it done post hand over?
Cheers
Joshwaan2k

Unfortunately no, I just have to use the browser 😊
AdelaideHills
Hi Gem,
Congrats on your shiny new house! Question - did you get the builder to do the driveway/storm water/perimeter paving? If so, did you investigate price difference having it done post hand over?
Cheers

Thanks!! Yeah we got the builder to do it. We didn't source any other quotes ourself, we just wanted it all done in the build contract 😊
gemm01
Joshwaan2k

Thank you with the browser are you able to see prices of items and what not?
Joshwaan2k
gemm01
Joshwaan2k

Thank you with the browser are you able to see prices of items and what not?

Nope there's no prices on there. Just your stage progress 😊
Oh ok np
Oh Also forgot to ask Gem did you guys go with 2.7M ceiling and did you change all doors Heights?

We changed the front door to 2450 so far. thought might leave rest hope does not look silly.
Joshwaan2k
Oh Also forgot to ask Gem did you guys go with 2.7M ceiling and did you change all doors Heights?

We changed the front door to 2450 so far. thought might leave rest hope does not look silly.

We did change the ceiling height to 2.7. We changed our internal garage door, our bedroom door, 4th bedroom and our linen cupboard door heights as those doors where directly down our hallway and we left the others because they were either off the hallway or in our big open living kitchen area 😊
Thanks for that what was price of the extras door costs can you remember?
I wish I went with 4 bedroom
2.7 ceiling is so worth it.

your build went flying. Goodluck on PCI

Building Simonds Prague
gemm01
Joshwaan2k

We did change the ceiling height to 2.7. We changed our internal garage door, our bedroom door, 4th bedroom and our linen cupboard door heights as those doors where directly down our hallway and we left the others because they were either off the hallway or in our big open living kitchen area 😊

Very nice what were the doors costs for these?
AdelaideHills
Hi Gem,
Cheers

Hi,

We investigated the price difference and there is probably only a couple of K difference, if I did it all again, I would chose for Simonds to do it

Hows the place going?
Congratulations.. I’m building my prague home and I’m in the same situation. Final payment so excited to get my house keys..

gemm01

So we have 1 final progress payment to go!! Excited is an understatement! I'm hoping to hear some good news about a more approx pci/handover date tomorrow 😊😊
Hi Gem, how's it all going? Any updates/photos?
kaykens
Hi Gem, how's it all going? Any updates/photos?

Hey!!! I forgot my login details for this page πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ its going great! Haven't done any landscaping yet, that will be a tax time thing, hopefully we get enough back to at least do our front yard. With our land on a slope we need retaining at the front which means lots of money unfortunately πŸ™

But I've done a little decorating on the inside, my pinterest inspo is at an all time high haha

We are still yet to do any landscaping at our place. Retaining walls are so expensive

We have done lots of little things inside, but we haven't decided what to hang on the walls yet. Haha, it's only been 18 months and still can't decide
Keep chipping away at it and you will get there.
The place looks great. Thought I recognised the house in the back in the first photos. (Then was able to zoom in and see lot 140 on the sign)
We’re the other side of you. (139)
Currently talking to / modifying the Santorini 29 with Metricon (meeting again this weekend) and waiting for the preapproval from the bank before we sign with them.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum