Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bristol (44sq) - Porter Davis Melbourne - New Build

Page 6 of 9
priya2015
Hi Sinbox how is it going with your build?We have got our PCI on 20th and handover on 27 th ......the only thing which bothers me is the fact that we forgot to include a heating cooling vent at the entryway passage ....so the lounge room will be pretty hot during summers.(because of the void )....we are planning to install the fireplace after handover so winters will be ok it seems ....

Congratulations on you progress! We are still a while away from handover. Post some pics and let us know how the finishes are coming along...

We included a 3rd zone in the upstairs Rumpus, so hopefully that will keep the area warm. We plan to install a fireplace in the family room - which is where we spend most time. Maybe a faux fireplace in the formal living sometime later.

Cabinetry delivered for assembly this week...pretty happy with how the color selection turned out.

Kitchen & Master Ensuite assembled today...hopefully sign of things moving quickly from now on...

Some photo spam...

Kitchen Front View...

Back...

View from hallway...

Galley...rather dark here. Thinking of getting an Illume Solar Light installed here and many other places...

Powder room...

Master Ensuite:
Not very pleased with the way the niche under the shaving mirror/cabinet has turned out , but I think we could live with it...

This is the original look we were aiming for...

Finally, another pic from the stairwell. Summer nights will be nice and bright...

Just dropping by to say that I especially like how your kitchen is turning out with the colour scheme you chose.

Sorry to read about the problems you've had with PD, but glad to see that things are now chugging along again.
Place looks amazing

Updates from this week.....

Scaffolding finally down....must have been up for like 6 months! Render downstairs is yet to be done...

Internal primer & painting in progress...

Work progressing well over the last couple of weeks. We have had the house painted internally and electrical fit of almost complete. Argus need to come back in to complete data cabling.

Great job by the SS to connect me with the tiler this morning. There were a few things we had to change re:tile alignment in the ensuite.

Drove by later today evening and was astonished to see all the floor areas complete!

Plenty of defects from the pre-paint report have also been attended to.
Hopefully the momentum continues & 🤞 we can move in mid-April...

Looking good! Nice touch on the kitchen island ends. Great idea!

SteveMc
Looking good! Nice touch on the kitchen island ends. Great idea!

Thanks. Keen to see how the waterfall edge stone turns out....

Master Ensuite feature wall....

Bought a second hand server rack on Gumtree to store all the network and AV equipment. Had it delivered & stored under stairs on site as I hope the network cabling work by Argus will be completed sometime this week...🤞

Hi sinbox
Did you get external vent for range hood or shower or pdr- if so did they cut the hebel later on or while putting it
Or did they leave it just in the wall cavity.
pEast
Hi sinbox
Did you get external vent for range hood or shower or pdr- if so did they cut the hebel later on or while putting it

I think they cut in after the Hebel was installed.Will try to get a picture for you tomorrow.

sinbox
pEast
Hi sinbox

I think they cut in after the Hebel was installed.Will try to get a picture for you tomorrow.

They do a cut in to the plaster then on the last day when they install they cut through the hebel.

Check your drawings as they will make any penetration through a wall very clear on them.

see more About the hoffman – Building the hoffman
https://hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com/about/
Thanks for the info. Yes, seems that’s the way they do it.

Before hebel it was - 2 ducts near the small window

sinbox
Work progressing well over the last couple of weeks. We have had the house painted internally and electrical fit of almost complete. Argus need to come back in to complete data cabling.

Great job by the SS to connect me with the tiler this morning. There were a few things we had to change re:tile alignment in the ensuite.

Drove by later today evening and was astonished to see all the floor areas complete!

Plenty of defects from the pre-paint report have also been attended to.
Hopefully the momentum continues & 🤞 we can move in mid-April...

The tiles look more than the 300x600 size. Blending perfectly with kitchen
Hi Sinbox, how is house progress going? We are planning to build Bristol but the display home is closed now. So, we are only relying on internet pictures. Can you plz post some pictures to show the results. Thanks so much Rubie
Rdeep
Hi Sinbox, how is house progress going? We are planning to build Bristol but the display home is closed now. So, we are only relying on internet pictures. Can you plz post some pictures to show the results. Thanks so much Rubie

Hi Rdeep...work is progressing slowly. Apparently the benchtops are delayed and are holding up remainder of tiling to kitchen and bathrooms. Plumbing fittings is yet to be done. I’ll do my best to keep this thread updated with photos as we near the finish line....I have been officially locked out as they have put in a lock on the sliding doors and can’t get in during evenings...

meanwhile...tiling on facade was done...

And fitouts for pantry and robes are complete....

sinbox
Rdeep

Hi Rdeep...work is progressing slowly. Apparently the benchtops are delayed and are holding up remainder of tiling to kitchen and bathrooms. Plumbing fittings is yet to be done. I’ll do my best to keep this thread updated with photos as we near the finish line....I have been officially locked out as they have put in a lock on the sliding doors and can’t get in during evenings...

Hi Sinbox

Did the facade tiling go on rendered hebel
pEast
sinbox
Rdeep

Hi Sinbox

Did the facade tiling go on rendered hebel

Yes. They had some sort of an adhesive on the Hebel wall for a couple of days on which the tiles went over?

Went past the house this evening and it looks like the stone benchtops were installed! Here are some pics through the windows....

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum