Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The epic home building race - HANDOVER FINALLY!!!

Page 6 of 25
Congrats on that lovely frame you have there rural.

How's that wife of yours?? Can't be long to go now??

Thanks everyone! It really is exciting now. Also means we need to start paying.. haha. Those home loan payments will be going up progressively!

Here's another pic from my wife driving by today...

Don't worry... no builders were hurt in the drive-by...

In other news, wife is doing OK now. The last few weeks won't be fun though. We have pretty much a deadline of three weeks because we can't have a late born baby with her gestational diabetes. Which also means... in this epic building race... baby comes earlier than expected! And house is coming later... eek! That was not in the script!!😨
Looks great, you must be very excited!

WOW 3 weeks isn't that far away! How exciting

That frame will be finished in no time!
Another drive-by pic from today. In the rain! Gosh, those tradies are committed! Glad I work indoors most of the time...

Looks like the front of the house framing is done!
?possibly need to secure them all
then ROOFING!!??
<):)::celeb::
Holy cow that looks fab!!! Wow, they are building frames on site and are working at the speed of light!!!

Not long now for your bubba!! I bet your wife is over the pregnancy, doesn't sound like she is having much fun

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
Holy cow that looks fab!!! Wow, they are building frames on site and are working at the speed of light!!!

Not long now for your bubba!! I bet your wife is over the pregnancy, doesn't sound like she is having much fun

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thanks charlibear! It is quite exciting to have the house moving! Just I'm sure is yours now!

Three weeks to go at this rate.. she can pop anytime after next week.
Day off today but still lots of running around to do. Managed to stop across the creek to take in the view!😎

Great progress Ruraldoc!

Looks like a nice place to cruise around with a pram!

Thank you very much, Lorri! IT IS GREAT PROGRESS!

Seeing something new and exciting everyday with the house gives us a nice feeling. Keep the ball rolling, Dixon New England and the sub-con teams!!

Shellu, I can only say that I believe our location choice is amaze-balls... definitely agree with your comment!

Omg that's a great view
imagine how nice it'll look when it's all done
fingers crossed it keeps going like this till the end

Hey Rural,

Great progress Rural you must be thrilled. Full report on the walk through the frames please

Wow three weeks will fly, very excited for you all. How is your son feeling about the new babe??

Yep our son is very excited. Though I think he's a bit over the wait. Much like the long wait we had before our slab went down and frames started going up. He really lost interest in the build for a bit.

Now however we walk through the frames and he's already imagining how the house will set up. And he already knows his room.

Pics to come from today from our walk-through. Am definitely impressed and pleased with the efforts of our builders to date. Our neighbours are predicting /talking possibly done in six weeks! Maybe they are just keen to have a quiet and peaceful neighbourhood again rather than a busy hive of builders. Six weeks from today would be nice... Here's to hopeful thinking!😜
Pics of our walk-through today after the workmen left for the day.

Garage

Looking north

Main Entry!

South side... and trusses!

Standing just near our master entry looking toward our alfresco

West side of house

North side of house

Standing in the main entry, media room to the right, garage entry to the left

Standing from the corner of our kitchen looking out the alfresco!

The alfresco view!

Looking from the 2nd common area towards kitchen and alfresco

View from alfresco!

LOTS OF TRUSS PIECES!

Really amazing to see! Can't wait till the house gets dressed up with a roof and bricks!
That entry way looks lovely and wide! Can you remind me the dimensions of your block?

Omg Rural that looks awesome
love how much room you'll have!

shellu
That entry way looks lovely and wide! Can you remind me the dimensions of your block?

Yep the one we are building on it's a ~1000square metre block and it's 20.1x 50.3metres.
The house really fills it, especially as we went with a single storey.
Some benefit: less lawn maintenance, we have a park and playground right next to us anyway, and its elevated from the creek that has flooded before. 😨

Otherwise our entry will be 1200mm but we have selected a 870mm door + window thingey.
Can always replace to a 1200mm door if we really fancy it..
fleabee86

Thanks we really wanted to maximise our common areas so the bedrooms are small for this size house. We expect to be spending most of our time in the common areas like our creek-facing alfresco, anyway! 😎
ruraldoc
fleabee86

Thanks we really wanted to maximise our common areas so the bedrooms are small for this size house. We expect to be spending most of our time in the common areas like our creek-facing alfresco, anyway!

That was great thinking
at the end of the day you're only sleeping in the bedroom! Makes more sense to have the space for other areas that you use a lot more

Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

10/05/2024
Final Invoice and Key Handover

Building A New House

Hi Need to read your contract about when final payment is received. Clearly outlines what happens. In vic, known defects or incomplete work must be completed before…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum