Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Homes - Balmoral 34 MK1 St George Area NSW

Page 6 of 11
Fee121
Anyone used Empire Blinds at Beverly Hills? I am interested in Veri Shades and they are the Sydney distributor. The reviews for Empire Blinds on line aren’t very favourable....

I got quote for blinds for my TH, they are way too expensive.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
shazaw
Fee121
Anyone used Empire Blinds at Beverly Hills? I am interested in Veri Shades and they are the Sydney distributor. The reviews for Empire Blinds on line aren’t very favourable....

Hi Shazaw
TH? Empire are too expensive or Veri shades?

Fee121
shazaw
Fee121

Hi Shazaw

TH = Town house, I got total block out blinds for my current place, did get a quote from Empire and two other companies. Empire's quote was most expensive for blinds.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
shazaw
Fee121
shazaw
[quote="Fee121"]Anyone used Empire Blinds at Beverly Hills? I am interested in Veri Shades and they are the Sydney distributor. The reviews for Empire Blinds on line aren’t very favourable....

Hi Shazaw

TH = Town house, I got total block out blinds for my current place, did get a quote from Empire and two other companies. Empire's quote was most expensive for blinds.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624[/quote]

Hi Shazaw, who did you end up going with?

Loving our fresh concrete bench top

Fee121

Loving our fresh concrete bench top

I LOVE your colour scheme! Probably because it’s very similar to mine.

How exciting!

Whoa! The colours and layout are so good

Nice one. Good to see your kitchen has progress.

The tilers have started.

Fee, your bathroom tiles are beautiful. Very nice.

shazaw
Fee, your bathroom tiles are beautiful. Very nice.

Thanks Shazaw.
I am happy with our choices even though my Mum told me she doesn’t like the random feature tiles in our ensuite.
How is your place progressing? When do you think you will be in???

Fee121
Thanks Shazaw.
I am happy with our choices even though my Mum told me she doesn’t like the random feature tiles in our ensuite.

Progress for my place is way too slow, the only action for this week is plumber working on front balcony drainage this afternoon. At the moment we are on same pace.
So we will get handover next year.

shazaw
Fee121
Thanks Shazaw.

Progress for my place is way too slow, the only action for this week is plumber working on front balcony drainage this afternoon. At the moment we are on same pace.
So we will get handover next year.

2018 will be a great year

Those feature tiles look very slick Fee. Looking forward to seeing it cleaned up and finished

SteveMc
Those feature tiles look very slick Fee. Looking forward to seeing it cleaned up and finished

thanks SteveMc

Great to see some progress fee!

Well the first week back and we find out our SS isn’t working with Rawson anymore. We now have Brandon.
We drove up to check the site today to find the fence was unlocked and open and the front door was wide open to the street.
He has had the air conditioning ducts installed. The installers have made a hole in the wrong spot and have done a terrible job covering it up.
They have installed the garage door and put 2 out of three frameless glass shower screens in. The third one they have damaged the tiles.
They have also installed the wardrobe rails and shelves that we had told Wayne our previous SS that we didn’t want as we have organised another company to come and instal wardrobes.
Brandon has said we can meet him on site next week for a walk through. I hope it doesn’t become a fight to get things right.

This is how the ceiling currently looks

Argh. So frustrated for you Fee, on so many levels.
I doubt your going to have any fights about any previous conversations. Clearly these SS jobs are stop gaps between real jobs... Most guys in these roles rarely stick around for any longer than 2 years.

SteveMc
Argh. So frustrated for you Fee, on so many levels.
I doubt your going to have any fights about any previous conversations. Clearly these SS jobs are stop gaps between real jobs... Most guys in these roles rarely stick around for any longer than 2 years.

Thanks SteveMc. I hope you are right.

I think the building companies treat their SS’s fairly poorly and they suffer burnout quickly.

Related
12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum