Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building an Aegean230 with Mainvue.

Page 6 of 20
We received a call today from Henley and are now booked in for our colour appointment in the middle of May. The consultant stated she couldn't get an earlier date as they are fully booked out and are prioritising clients whose land titles are coming up.
Quietly excited and freaked out at the same time.
We now have Stephanie as our customer service administrator. Our land has been delayed until July so we're in no rush. Still stalking everyone's thread for colour and upgrade ideas.

So after about 200 (feels like it) visits to Cosham, we have provisionally decided on the external and kitchen colours.

Probably another 200 visits to Cosham to agree on bathroom and ensuite choices.

Love your colour selections. I have chosen dune for my roof as well but I'm so nervous at how it's going to look with dark brown bricks, I couldn't find many examples online or in real life
cant decide
Love your colour selections. I have chosen dune for my roof as well but I'm so nervous at how it's going to look with dark brown bricks, I couldn't find many examples online or in real life

I swear it looks better in real life but the photo makes it look old and dated.
What colour brick have you chosen?
Have you spoken to the brick place to get a list of houses with your bricks?
Im sure your selections are amazing as long as you like it that's all that matters.

cant decide

I just checked out your thread. I'm Soooooooo jealous you're site cost is 7k!!! Mine will likely cost a new car as we've got 1.3m of fall over the block.
Truffle will go very nicely with a dune roof as they're both a greyish colour and won't clash.

firsttime_homies1401
cant decide

I just checked out your thread. I'm Soooooooo jealous you're site cost is 7k!!! Mine will likely cost a new car as we've got 1.3m of fall over the block.
Truffle will go very nicely with a dune roof as they're both a greyish colour and won't clash.

Henley's fixed site costs were at least 10K cheaper than PD, Carlilse and Fairhaven. Any savings I made were quickly spent at colours upgrading the flooring and bathroom tiles.

Look forward to watching your build.

Hey Cant Decide,
Are you on the Henley/Mainvue/Plantation Facebook page? I know someone has built a 2 Storey with the dune colourbond roof and truffle brick combo. I'll find the picture and send it to you or post on this thread once i find it.
Hey how much it's costed you on the fireplace with stone ?
firsttime_homies1401
Hey Cant Decide,
Are you on the Henley/Mainvue/Plantation Facebook page? I know someone has built a 2 Storey with the dune colourbond roof and truffle brick combo. I'll find the picture and send it to you or post on this thread once i find it.

Yes I'm on the FB page
. I think I have seen the double you're talking about. It's hard to tell what it will look like on a single the one on FB has the second floor rendered foam board. I wasn't too keen on the render colour. Fingers crossed, no going back now
. I will make sure I post lots of pics in different light, there aren't many examples on here of Dune roof with dark bricks.

cant decide
firsttime_homies1401
Hey Cant Decide,

Yes I'm on the FB page
. I think I have seen the double you're talking about. It's hard to tell what it will look like on a single the one on FB has the second floor rendered foam board. I wasn't too keen on the render colour. Fingers crossed, no going back now
. I will make sure I post lots of pics in different light, there aren't many examples on here of Dune roof with dark bricks.

Yep we went with truffle and monument coloured roof! We didn't like the lighter coloured roofs

Our current house has a black roof and dark bricks. The heat soak during summer time and hot days is pretty full on. This time round we're going the light(er) bricks and roof combo.

cant decide
firsttime_homies1401
Hey Cant Decide,

Yes I'm on the FB page

Can't wait to see your pics can't decide. Our colour selection is coming up in a few weeks so exciting times for all.

firsttime_homies1401
cant decide
firsttime_homies1401
Hey Cant Decide,

Yes I'm on the FB page

Can't wait to see your pics can't decide. Our colour selection is coming up in a few weeks so exciting times for all.

[/quote

We had our colours selection on Tuesday! They have new tiles, new carpets and because of this we were able to stick to cat1/2 being mainvue though I am sure it will all be different. I have updated our colours on my thread with photos

stayxtrue
firsttime_homies1401
cant decide
[quote="firsttime_homies1401"]Hey Cant Decide,

Yes I'm on the FB page

[/quote

We had our colours selection on Tuesday! They have new tiles, new carpets and because of this we were able to stick to cat1/2 being mainvue though I am sure it will all be different. I have updated our colours on my thread with photos

[/quote]

I'll definitely have a look at your colour selections.
Ever since I found out about the Henley Facebook page I'm spending most of my time there.
Facebook, Homeone, Instagram I don't know how you manage to find time for all of it.

Who needs a display centre! Nearly all the suppliers we've asked were happy to provide samples. All I need is timber and I can build a mini Aegean.

firsttime_homies1401

Who needs a display centre! Nearly all the suppliers we've asked were happy to provide samples. All I need is timber and I can build a mini Aegean.

Oh wow! Where did you get the timber floor samples from?
stayxtrue
firsttime_homies1401

I sent an email to the supplier utf who do the flooring for Henley. I asked for all the ones in cat1a and they sent me those (winning).

firsttime_homies1401
stayxtrue
firsttime_homies1401

I sent an email to the supplier utf who do the flooring for Henley. I asked for all the ones in cat1a and they sent me those (winning).

Hi

good to see your progress - and a nice little collection to build mini Aegan 230 project

I have finished my tender. The 2340 x1200 door ended up around $4500 including staining and a large Gainsborough handle
Related
3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

11/07/2023
Building inspection after 90 Day Defect period

Building A New House

you need to understand the breakdown of warranties. 90 warranty is considered as minor defects rectification period where as the longer ones are more major/structural…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum